Bye Bye Head-fi (for a little while)
Feb 27, 2009 at 2:21 PM Post #31 of 40
Haha. Bye bye head-fi? Let's just say, 'see ya later'...
smile.gif

We're all in the exact same boat. We all did the same thing. Actually, my first set of 'premium' (or 'head-fi recommended') were the Shure SE530's. I knew I was going to upgrade like the rest of the others, so I thought might as well just get the best at the first go around.

Those broke, and now I have Westone 3's (thanks to head-fi
jecklinsmile.gif
), and now I'm looking at getting a set of full-size cans just to see what all the commotion is about (thanks again, head-fi!).

It's a never ending cycle. I say enjoy it. There's a lot less constructive things to do with your money and time, the unfortunate part is, there are a lot more constructive things as well!

Feb 27, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #32 of 40
the journey to nirvana never ends..... jus yet..

PS: after i got Phonaks, i thought to myself, "this gona last me 2 yrs". 2 weeks later, i told myself, "maybe i should get a portable amp to pump up abit". 3 weeks later, i was thinking maybe a headphone would be better, but a big amp would be required. hmm.." 4 weeks later, i was walking around in a "audiophile" mall. i was attracted by a sweet voice, i walked towards the music and came to a small door, opened. inside was 2 "ice-cream cone" speakers about 1.2m high. between them was 2 beautiful amp, those "tubes" kind. damn. this is "music".

Feb 28, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by akasan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm mostly a lurker here but I would say that this site has cost me upwards of $1000 since I first started. But now it's over. It started with the e2c's, then I moved to the e3's then I moved to the e4(scl4) then to the se210's which some jr salesman convinced me were on par with the e4 (they are not) then last year I got the se420's (which are the only pair of shures up to this date not to have the wires crap out while on the other hand I had to replace the e4's three times). I also got the sony ex700's (harsh sounding until I fitted them with comply long tips but even then, isolation is not as good as shure) When I first visited here, I thought, who are these crazy people buying headphones for upwards of 50$ but now, finally, I have reach the top of the mountain. Last week, I finally did it and bought the SE530's. Paired with my sony player, they are perfect. And then I pulled out the 80 gb ipod classic thats been sitting unused in my desk since the first week I bought it and pulled in the shures and I was like What? Is that NON-DISTORTED BASS that I am hearing? (I use the electronic eq setting). Am I hearing an open high end? With these, the IPOD (GAG) actually sounds good and enjoyable. So thats it for me (until Sony comes out with a 64+ gb player don't care if it's touch screen or not). I know that the Westone 3's are rated better and there are ie8's but the se530-ipod combo is good enough for me (Cannot believe I am saying this.)

You don't know how easy you got off. Now Run, Run Very Fast.

Feb 28, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #36 of 40
You'll be back, eventually they all come back! But congrats on the purchase, I hope you enjoy them!

Feb 28, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #37 of 40
Since joining three weeks ago?

$1000.

But I want more!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 28, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by HD_Dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since joining three weeks ago?

$1000.

But I want more!!!!!!!!!!!

wow thats alot :p but if u have disposable income to spend on it why not. Besides Life is too short to listen to bad headphones.

Feb 28, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #40 of 40
The chase for Perfection ...the 10% between 90 and 100 % is oue hobby, As Mies van der Rohe said "God is in the Details" well in audio it is the chase for the last 10% towards perfection.... I really enjoy the chase and the experimenting of all the new gear to see what works for me.. Happy Hunting....

Displayman .... Steven

Users who are viewing this thread

Back