Buying tonight $300 Ultrasone Pro900 vs Denon D600 vs V-Moda M-100 (currently on the lead)
Mar 9, 2014 at 10:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

shaolin95

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all!

Just trying to get some more impressions or other recommendation at $300 or under...be it used or new.

I have been researching the ones above, Ultrasone Pro900, Denon D600 and V-Moda M-100 (even the Custom One Pros) as an upgrade from my Sony MDR-X10.
Basically I want big bass but to improve the mids and highs. I am sure either of those will be a step up but any other comments will be welcomed.
I will be using the FiiO E18 and as for music type I listened to...Pop, latin, piano classical, symphonies, oldies (Elvis, 80s, etc), some rap like Will Smith style, some rock but not a lot. No dubstep or heavy metal.
So yeah I guess is too wide of a spectrum to cover but from what I have read, I should be able to just EQ a bit depending on what I need like I do with the X10s right now. I dont mind tweaking the EQ often depending on my music.

Thanks!

Mar 9, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #2 of 4
I would take the pro900 off your list. They sound very artificial for classical and symphonies. I owned a pair, but sold it because of its recessed midrange and very metallic treble which sounded "off". Bass is fabulous though, best of the three in terms of extension. I auditioned the M100, and found them darker than the 900, with smoother treble, but also found them to be meh for classical. Has slightly more bass than the 900. The d600, though, is great for that genre, and still does all the other genres you listen to really well. It's not too bright, but not too dark. Bass is great as well. Has a lot of subbass, while the pro 900 has a lot of midbass, with the m100 being a mix of both, with overall slightly more impact than the three.

Mar 9, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #3 of 4
mmmm so based on that , looks like the D600 might be the better fit for my needs. It sucks not having any decent stores around :/

Mar 9, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #4 of 4
mmmm so based on that , looks like the D600 might be the better fit for my needs. It sucks not having any decent stores around :/

Ahhh that sucks! But if you do find a good audio store, I suggest trying all three even though. What I hear may not be what you hear. I know for a fact that the d600 suits your needs more than the other two. It's a great all rounder imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back