Buying sennheiser hd650 and help with amp purchase!
May 31, 2010 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Juggernaut

New Head-Fier
If you guys/gals could give me some links to some portable amps for around 100.00$ that can power my hd650's from my iPad and iPhone 3GS. Thanks, and I prefer to buy from amazon.com if at all possible....

Oh on a side note, would anyone recommend the hd600's and opposed to the hd650's??? Just wondering... no biggie, i'll go research that as i'm sure there are a few articles on here concerning just that... Thanks in advance guys....

Jun 1, 2010 at 4:47 AM Post #3 of 5
Thank you for the response....
I was only able to find 1 amp for under/at 100.00

HeadRoom Total AirHead

any advise on this one?

Jun 1, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #4 of 5
I would not recommend powering high impedance headphones from a low-end amp for portable use. You are far better buying some in-ears for the price or some low impedance closed portable headphones. Open headphones = the sound will leak + zero isolation from outside noise.

Jun 1, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #5 of 5

I would not recommend powering high impedance headphones from a low-end amp for portable use. You are far better buying some in-ears for the price or some low impedance closed portable headphones. Open headphones = the sound will leak + zero isolation from outside noise.

Okay well which earphones would you recommend.. I'm willing to spend 350 and will going straight from an iPad and samsung surround system with receiver (650 watts). I listen to rap...techno... But I'm not a bass freak I like detail, and lyrics more... Also will be used to watch movies on iPad,,,very important. Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back