Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Jun 1, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #5,207 of 5,364
I'm looking for some decent earphones for a budget of around £20 or $30. I have been told that Sennheiser CX earphones are the way to go and that I should only look on sites such as amazon.co.uk and steer clear of ebay.com due to dodgy fake earphones. I love bass in songs but I listen to different types of music except heavy metal and boy bands. So far I have found Sennheiser CX215's in blue for £25, Sennheiser CX175's in black for £20 and Sennheiser CX200 Street II's in grey for £21 what one should I get? Do you have any advice for me?and are there any better deals out there that you have found? Thanks, Alex :)

Jun 1, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #5,210 of 5,364
Quote:
Thanks for the advice.  I was wondering if I would benefit from a pair of CIEMs rather than universal IEMs.  Do CIEMs provide significantly better sound isolation?

I have no experience here and can't help, sorry. 
frown.gif
 Wait until Sunday when kimvictor can help or when warren gets back. Both are real helpful and would give way better advice than me. Good luck on finding exactly what you need!!

Jun 1, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #5,211 of 5,364
What do you mean? (I don't know any terms aside from the ones in the introductory glossary)
In terms of sound, I'm looking for something transparent, bassy and easy to listen to for a long time.

If that's the case, xba4 are good.

I'm looking for some decent earphones for a budget of around £20 or $30. I have been told that Sennheiser CX earphones are the way to go and that I should only look on sites such as amazon.co.uk and steer clear of ebay.com due to dodgy fake earphones. I love bass in songs but I listen to different types of music except heavy metal and boy bands. So far I have found Sennheiser CX215's in blue for £25, Sennheiser CX175's in black for £20 and Sennheiser CX200 Street II's in grey for £21 what one should I get? Do you have any advice for me?and are there any better deals out there that you have found? Thanks, Alex :)

I owned a cx250 and they had fair clarity and fair detail with lots of bass. Also, they have good build quality. But be ware, there are lots of fakes.

Thanks for the advice.  I was wondering if I would benefit from a pair of CIEMs rather than universal IEMs.  Do CIEMs provide significantly better sound isolation?

Personally I think they are worth it. At first, they might fit awkwardly, but in the end they have good comfort amd isolation. Sound quality, especially the bass ia generally better on customs, but it depends on which universal and custom you are comparing.

Jun 1, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #5,212 of 5,364
I'm looking for a good pair of IEMs that are under $200 ($210 at most). I listen to everything, but mainly electronic (rave, dubstep etc.) I'm upgrading from a pair of Monster Jamz which have broken on me 3 times. I mainly listen to music on my iPod touch 5th gen.

The headphones must: 

• Be bassy - not entirely, but, quite a bit. Also extremely clear - the best of both worlds
  • Have music control (play/pause fwd/rewind and volume control)
  • Be durable for sleeping and occasional rough treatment
  • Have an easy seal and comfortable fit for sleeping and tons of listening in general
  • Be shippable to Canada or available in Calgary

I'm debating between the Nocs ns800, the Denon AH-C560R, Denon AH-C300 urban raver, sony XBA4IP, the Shure SE215, and and finally, the Westone UM1. I'm leaning especially towards the sony headphones and the urban ravers. I'm open to other options as well.

I imagine that I would prefer balanced armatures over dynamic drivers because clarity is important and I can use an EQ. I don't really want to get an amp, but I will get an extremely cheap and small one if necessary. 

What do you mean? (I don't know any terms aside from the ones in the introductory glossary)
In terms of sound, I'm looking for something transparent, bassy and easy to listen to for a long time.

If that's the case, xba4 are good.

I don't like to butt into this thread often, at all, but I'm going to have to very respectfully disagree with this recommendation.
They have good bass and iPhone controls. That's the only thing they have from the requirements. I suppose they are pretty durable too.

They are edgy and aggressive and resultantly fatiguing for long periods. The housings are huge which might be an issue with comfort and being able to sleep in them comfortably. Also, they are nowhere near transparent.

I unfortunately don't have a recommendation. The remote requirement cuts out a lot of options.

Jun 1, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #5,213 of 5,364
I don't like to butt into this thread often, at all, but I'm going to have to very respectfully disagree with this recommendation.
They have good bass and iPhone controls. That's the only thing they have from the requirements. I suppose they are pretty durable too.

They are edgy and aggressive and resultantly fatiguing for long periods. The housings are huge which might be an issue with comfort and being able to sleep in them comfortably. Also, they are nowhere near transparent.

I unfortunately don't have a recommendation. The remote requirement cuts out a lot of options.

It is fine. Personally, I found the xba4 to be very comfortable and have a good seal.. It may be that I have big ears, but I cannot tell if an iem will fit into someone's ears. Also, I found them to be warm and rather smooth.

Jun 1, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #5,214 of 5,364
It is fine. Personally, I found the xba4 to be very comfortable and have a good seal.. It may be that I have big ears, but I cannot tell if an iem will fit into someone's ears. Also, I found them to be warm and rather smooth.

Well, I said might about the comfort.

I'd agree with warm, but I don't even know what to say about them being smooth. Either we hear them remarkably differently or one of ours is not working right lol. Oh well.

If he/she can get them with a return policy, go for it. :D

Jun 1, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #5,215 of 5,364
Hey!  Just wanted to say that you guys helped me get my first true IEM.  I finally broke down and purchased the Heir Audio 3Ai's and am waiting for them to show up on my doorstep!

You peeps are AWESOME.

Jun 1, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #5,216 of 5,364
Well, I said might about the comfort.

I'd agree with warm, but I don't even know what to say about them being smooth. Either we hear them remarkably differently or one of ours is not working right lol. Oh well.

If he/she can get them with a return policy, go for it. :D

You probably are right. My description of xba4 is from a 20 min demo I had. Anyways, I am out of suggestions now.

Hey!  Just wanted to say that you guys helped me get my first true IEM.  I finally broke down and purchased the Heir Audio 3Ai's and am waiting for them to show up on my doorstep!

You peeps are AWESOME.

Anytime. God! It is a pain to type with my phone. Anyways thanks! Hope you like your 3.ai. Post some impressions.

Jun 1, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #5,217 of 5,364
You probably are right. My description of xba4 is from a 20 min demo I had. Anyways, I am out of suggestions now.

Maybe without an immediate point of comparison it won't be an issue because that's the thing, I can't really think of anything else either...

Jun 2, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #5,218 of 5,364
Quote:
I am looking at some new headphones as a birthday present at the end of june (yes i can choose my presents), i am stuck between the KEF m200 and the B&O h3, i just wanted to know the difference in sound now that they are both available (at least in the UK)

I decided to post again as there was no reply.

(sorry if i sound mean in this post, just wanted a reply)

Jun 2, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #5,220 of 5,364
I decided to post again as there was no reply.

(sorry if i sound mean in this post, just wanted a reply)

I have no idea about both of those headphones. If you can wait til monday, warren might be able to help u out.

Thanks for the reply. I am thinking of getting the CX175's do you think they are a good buy for £20/$30?
Sound wise, they are average. Their build quality is good tough. If you like mid bass boost, go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back