Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
May 31, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #5,191 of 5,364
I just love my Hifiman Re zeros, I am on my 2nd pair. I love clarity, crispy vocals, great airy soundstage and amazing mids where you hear every detail in each instrument. Is Hifiman Re-400 for me?

May 31, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #5,193 of 5,364
Looking for a budget IEM/earphone.  Want decent sound isolation and... something better than the crap stock earbuds that came with my galaxy s3.  Fit is also important, but I realize this can vary from person to person.

Trying to decide between

SoundMAGIC E10 and Sport-Fi S6 both are $20 or less

I also had my heart set on the Koss KDX200 but can only find them for $65+ which seems a bit much for them.

Any opinions?

May 31, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #5,194 of 5,364
To close my request for help, I've bought SoundMagic PL 21. The're bassy ("I Saw Her Standing There" by Beatles sounds awesome!) and loud (I was able to listen the music at shop (I've demoed them and they were the only one available which entered my ears correctly) at -30 to -35 dB). Hope that isolation would be good. :) Thanks for help!

May 31, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #5,195 of 5,364
Hi there,
I'm entering the high-end audio world, and recently updated my DAP from an Android phone, to a 160GB iPod Classic, and rockboxed it. Now it's time for new headphones. I thought of building my own, but some people said it wouldn't be a very good idea.
I'm interested in phones like the Senns HD598, but bassier and closed if possible. What can you recommend me? I'm looking for closed ones (I may try semi, or open ones too), because I don't like to bother other people with my music while travelling...
Detachable cable is a big plus (if not a must). Right now I'm using Senns HD202 with no amp, and I'd prefer to stay without it (mainly because of the money). But if that's the only option, I'll deal with it.

Every advice y highly appreciated

Thanks in advance to everyone :D
Paul 

May 31, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #5,196 of 5,364
Quote:

+1 to the amping.  Extreme, it will always be better to place more money on headphones as opposed to amps, because the headphones make the most difference in terms of sound signature.

Another suggestion as far as amps go... if you have access to parts and you know how to solder, maybe you could build your own bass boost CMoy amp?

Unfortunately I am not able to weld electronic parts, I have no experience and I'm afraid to do damage.
(the "Cmoy amp" but it is very bulky
biggrin.gif
 )

My idea is to use the amp for the fear that I'm afraid I do not have the quality bass even at medium volumes.

For this rendition I have to spend more for the headphone?

The XB700 say that would solve my problem? (too bad I discovered that last year there were around 60 € (about $ 80), are now rare to find, and are found in various shops in the 200 $, they are crazy!

The XB500 with average volumes may annoy those around me when I listen to the music?

Quote:

BTW is an acronym for "by the way."  We use it to point out something that is related in topic, but not a direct point... a supplemental piece of information.

Right, we understand.  Just letting you know that if you say "sick of bass" to other people, they will think you don't like bass.

In my experience, there has not been a significant change between new and now for my XB500.  But please know that I only have about 10 hours of listening time on them, so they're are pretty much still new.

Well, if you are sticking to a budget, then I would say go with an E5 or an E6.  I prefer the E5 because of the better build quality and materials.

Ok
smile.gif

Among Fiio E5 and E6, despite the quality of the material of E6 is lower, say sounds better.

but it will be well worth spending the money?

May 31, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #5,197 of 5,364
Quote:
Saw your post too late, but good to see you didn't get the RE0; I know you said that you don't want boomy bass, but there is a difference between "no boomy bass" and "cold & anemic". Don't get me wrong, The RE0 does many things amazingly well, but bass quantity really isn't one of them.. :wink:

Yeah, that's what I saw about the RE-0. It just brings the sound with no extra emotions. After looking around, I set my sights higher on the RE-400. But I'm loving the UE's right now, and great to be back with Comply tips. 

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #5,199 of 5,364
I am a marine engineer meaning I am spending prolonged amounts of time around loud engines.  So loud that if i didn't wear hearing protection on a regular basis I would quickly lose my hearing.  I am wondering if there is a pair of IEMs that would provide me with the hearing protection I require while also sounding half decent.  I would like to keep it around $500 but i would be willing to spend more if there is something specifically ideal to my kind of case. any suggestions ? 

Jun 1, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #5,200 of 5,364
Hi, I'm new at this forum after lurking here for a couple of weeks now. I used to listen to my music on a iPhone with the Shure E2C and I would like to upgrade. I did a lot of research on this forum and almost made my decision but not entirely so I need your help!

I want to upgrade my source and headphones and my budget is around $300 in total.
Most of the time I listen to deep-house, progressive house, progressive trance and occasionally to hip-hop but not much.

I have chosen the combination of a Colorfly C3 + C&C BH + Vsonic GR07 MKII or GR07 BASS.
And here lies my problem: I'm not sure which Vsonic I should choose. I like bass (needed for my music preferences) but I don't want it to overshadow the mid-range (especially female vocals).

I hope there is someone who can help me with this. And I also would like to know if I spend my $300 the best way with this combination. Thanks for all the help!

Jun 1, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #5,201 of 5,364
Quote:
Hi, I'm new at this forum after lurking here for a couple of weeks now. I used to listen to my music on a iPhone with the Shure E2C and I would like to upgrade. I did a lot of research on this forum and almost made my decision but not entirely so I need your help!

I want to upgrade my source and headphones and my budget is around $300 in total.
Most of the time I listen to deep-house, progressive house, progressive trance and occasionally to hip-hop but not much.

I have chosen the combination of a Colorfly C3 + C&C BH + Vsonic GR07 MKII or GR07 BASS.
And here lies my problem: I'm not sure which Vsonic I should choose. I like bass (needed for my music preferences) but I don't want it to overshadow the mid-range (especially female vocals).

I hope there is someone who can help me with this. And I also would like to know if I spend my $300 the best way with this combination. Thanks for all the help!
Are the shures good? I was thinking of getting them but i don't like the fact the earphones go behind your ear. I prefer earphones straight in your ear

Jun 1, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #5,202 of 5,364
Are the shures good? I was thinking of getting them but i don't like the fact the earphones go behind your ear. I prefer earphones straight in your ear

I'm not an expert but I think they're okay but not great. The bass is good enough but sometimes I find the overall sound messy or muddy. I don't know for what price you can get them but I think you can get better headphones.

The comfort was good for me but that depends on your ear. I like the behind the ear technic so I find it comfortable.

Jun 1, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #5,203 of 5,364
Quote:
I am a marine engineer meaning I am spending prolonged amounts of time around loud engines.  So loud that if i didn't wear hearing protection on a regular basis I would quickly lose my hearing.  I am wondering if there is a pair of IEMs that would provide me with the hearing protection I require while also sounding half decent.  I would like to keep it around $500 but i would be willing to spend more if there is something specifically ideal to my kind of case. any suggestions ? 

I am new to the forum but have lurked for much longer so take what i say with a grain of salt. I would start out by checking jokers iem thread. It has over 280 different ones at this point. He rates each one by isolation and sound plus many others. Just looking i saw 6 that seemed to fit your needs. The cheapest but best isolating one was the Etymotic ER4S. From a little lurking it seems to have multiple models. Again i have very little experience, just trying to help since i recall hearing kimkvictor and warren being gone for the weekend. 

Jun 1, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #5,204 of 5,364
Quote:
I'm not an expert but I think they're okay but not great. The bass is good enough but sometimes I find the overall sound messy or muddy. I don't know for what price you can get them but I think you can get better headphones.

The comfort was good for me but that depends on your ear. I like the behind the ear technic so I find it comfortable.

oh i see

I am willing to pay £100-£150 and i listen to r&b, hip hip and funky house/garage/dance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back