Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
May 26, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #4,861 of 5,364
Quote:
Hey there guys. I'm looking for some in-ear headphones to complement my XBA-3's. Something a little less bright, and with more bass. My budget is around $200 dollars, and I was able to find the CKS1000 from Audio Technica for around $175-$180. Would you guys say it's a good choice?

Unfortunately, I haven't heard either the XBA-3 nor the CKS1000.  Any other model(s) come to mind as a frame of reference?

May 26, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #4,863 of 5,364
Hey warren. Yeah, I'm here... I've been in a funk with my Amprerior and HP100 in case you're wondering where I've been. I guess when people don't re-visit this thread that means you did an awesome job!

I wanted to say thanks, again. Also, I had a couple questions that have been eating my brain. I always was interested in the M80 since I first dove into this head-fi world... but never went for it. Even when I was searching for an on ear I went with the Amperior as you suggested.

As always, curiosity gets the best of me. Can you give me some comparisons between the two? Thanks!
popcorn.gif

May 26, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #4,865 of 5,364
Hi I haven't really had any good iems for a while. but am looking to get a new pair asap. I've read a lot of posts today but am unsure of what to get. Price range is under 500$. I listen rnb and rock most of all and some electronic. have been considering westone 3 and 4, vsonic gr07 and sennheiser ie80. I like the westone s cause I previously had the westone 3 that was so comfortable for me. Thanks for any advice :)

May 26, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #4,866 of 5,364
I currently have a UE600vi, and I owned a Sennheiser MM70i before that. My Sennheisers broke because I accidentally ripped it apart 
tongue.gif

The UEs are working well, however I don't like them because I feel that they are lacking in bass. Also, they are not as 'immersive' as I would like them to be, if that makes sense. 
As such, I am looking for a new pair of IEMs that have a heavier bass than the UEs with preferably better isolation the way it is (without the use of aftermarket tips)
The rest of the UE600 is fine though. My budget is not high, being at ~$75 USD. However, i'm willing to spend more if it doesn't exceed the budget too much. Also, I would like one with build-in mic, volume control and such is not necessary. If it doesn't have a mic though, it's fine with me . 

May 26, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #4,867 of 5,364
"I'd say go for the RHA MA350 ($40).  If you want/need and iDevice remote and mic on it, get the RHA MA450i ($50) instead." 

Thanks for the advice warrenpchi. Hadn't found anything on those yet. The reviews seem very good. I definitely like saving money but also am looking for quality sound. I am curious how do those compare to something like the ath-cks77?

May 26, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #4,869 of 5,364
Hi the cable of my Meelectronics A161P just failed after daily usage (6 months) so I'm looking for new in ears as I have no backup at the moment..

budget: 100$ /80€ /70£
music: electro, trip hop, house...
good isolation
solid housing and cable, my Meelectronics were good (CC51 + A161P) but the cable failed after a few months only (and I care about my stuff)

I'm open to used iems too as soon as they're in perfect condition

Thanks in advance, I miss music

May 26, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #4,871 of 5,364
Greetings All! I've spent a lot of time reading through a lot of great opinions and reviews about the TDK BA200 and the Shure SE425. I would like to put a spin on the existing dialogues.

I recently lost my blessed Westone UM1s after 5 years of faithful use. I'm limiting my budget to a £150 Amazon gift card I happen to have burning a hole in my pocket and would be willing to chip in up to £20 on top.

Aiming for a similar in ear fit to the UM1 but upgrading to a dual armature drivers, I've narrowed my choices down to the TDK BA200 and Shure SE425 to fit my budget.

I have no shops to test them out so I'm putting my faith in you good folks. I will mostly be using these portably (walking, running, public transportation, gym) through my Samsung Galaxy S2 with PowerAmp and no external amp. I'm looking for the best mix of isolation, build quality and sound quality for the money. I mainly listen to a wide spectrum of rock ripped to high quality mp3 or FLAC.

Again, the prices are:
£140 - TDK BA200
£168 - Shure SE425

Any help and opinions would be gratefully received (before I go cross eyed!)! Thanks a bunch in advance!

May 26, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #4,874 of 5,364
weird soundstage to my ears without any depth and the bass was somewhere in space but not where it usually is. sibilant treble and the whole sound was not my cup of tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back