Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
May 18, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #4,576 of 5,364
Quote:
Quote:
I'm looking to either buy a DAC/Amp or the IEM's, not both... but you never know, I might just want two new toys! But in case I don't get both... which would you rather get in my situation?

It's a matter of perspective, but I'd put my investment into something that gets more use out of it (i.e. the IEMs). And besides, unless you actually have qualms with the onboard sound, getting a new amp/DAC would be rather superfluous - rumours of liquid ecstasy and angelic choirs out of a 6x5 inch box in tandem to your already efficient headphones have been greatly exaggerated. 

Yeah, I'm with TwinQY here.  The general rule of thumb is that the closer it gets to your ears, the more of a profound change you'll experience... with one exception being the quality of your source files.  Besides, I think that a DAC/amp would benefit more detailed headphones than they would - say - an M50. 
smile.gif

May 18, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #4,577 of 5,364
Umm guys I need some suggestion regarding to the 1964 V6, I'm a Bassist in a church, stage bassist (in a band) and a sound engineer (soon on college), I need Custom in ear monitor to do that. my budget is like 800$. I'll do some research on different brand especially 1964 Ear, Cosmic Ear, Westone, Unique Melody and FitEar. The Bestest IEM ever that I ever heard was FitEar ToGo!334, but it was a long way from my budget. For my research it turn out to be 1964 Ears (because the flagship CIEM is 650$, while unique melody from china is 950$ same as westone from US).

Now the problem is that I don't know what to choose in the 1964 Ears. Whether the V6, Quad or V3 (I don't add the dual cause I better get an Universal anyway). For sound, I like details and balance sound (even though I'm a bassist) so I want the lows, mid and high to be the most balance and coherent(I use to hear rock music like Hillsong, Planet Shakers, SCANDAL, L'arc En Ciel, T.M.Revolution and some ballad acoustic music).

live in Indonesia and some store like Headfonia and Jaben Indonesia does not have the demo for the 1964 ears. So I want you guys to suggest which of the 1964 Ears CIEM is the best for me (Bassist on stage and Sound Engineer). Of course this is the first time I want to purchase a custom from Indonesia, so I don't know how to order these things, maybe you guys can give me a help regarding these situation. Thanks :)

May 18, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #4,578 of 5,364
Yeah the AKG 518s or 81. I would like more bass and I already have the Panny's (although I kinda broke them so they're not really useful) so I think I should go with the Monoprice ones. I was going to order them a few months back but then I read some stuff that made me decide not to although now I can't remember what I read.

May 18, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #4,579 of 5,364
Got some Yuin PK3 earbuds, some Sennheiser MX 760 earbuds and a full size AKG K550.
I love the confort of the earbuds so much, that I can't use the K550 full size for more than 1 hour and they are supposed to be very confortable.

The only IEM I've tried, which I own and dislike because of sound signature, are the Sennheiser CX300. The sound is not natural, too much bass, and to harsh highs, the sound is just worse then either one of the earbuds I got.

So I'm considering trying some decent, yet not too expensive IEM, for SQ and noise isolation reasons, so the confort and practicality of placement are very important to me, otherwise I will just fallback to the earbuds again. I usually don't like to stick things into my ear canale.

Suggestions?

May 18, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #4,580 of 5,364
Quote:
Yeah the AKG 518s or 81. I would like more bass and I already have the Panny's (although I kinda broke them so they're not really useful) so I think I should go with the Monoprice ones. I was going to order them a few months back but then I read some stuff that made me decide not to although now I can't remember what I read.

Okay, the choice is now pretty clear.  I think the Monoprice 8323 are the ones for you.  Just by virtue of the circumaural ear coupling, they're going to have a better seal for (at least the impression of) more bass.  Plus, as muh as I like my AKGs, the Monoprice are probably going to be more comfortable as well.

May 18, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #4,581 of 5,364
Quote:
Got some Yuin PK3 earbuds, some Sennheiser MX 760 earbuds and a full size AKG K550.
I love the confort of the earbuds so much, that I can't use the K550 full size for more than 1 hour and they are supposed to be very confortable.

Wow, really?  Typically, I hear the opposite of that as it relates to comfort.

Quote:
The only IEM I've tried, which I own and dislike because of sound signature, are the Sennheiser CX300. The sound is not natural, too much bass, and to harsh highs, the sound is just worse then either one of the earbuds I got.

So I'm considering trying some decent, yet not too expensive IEM, for SQ and noise isolation reasons, so the confort and practicality of placement are very important to me, otherwise I will just fallback to the earbuds again. I usually don't like to stick things into my ear canale.

Suggestions?

Honestly?  I would say stick with what you've got.  At the end of the day, I'm not sure that the added isolation is going to offset the discomfort of having something in your ear.

May 18, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #4,582 of 5,364
considering an upgrade from my current klipsch x10 to either um3x/ue900/heir3ai

I listen to Indie, EDM, Rock, Pop Rock, punk rock, RnB, rap and occasionally jazz and country.
need bass in my music.
looking for a earpiece that is as comfortable as the klipsch x10 or even more comfortable.
maybe using it for sleeping.

using the cowon iaudio 10 by the way.

May 18, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #4,583 of 5,364
I just learned that on Amazon, the Klipsch X10 is $130 while the X10i with the Remote is $350. What are the differences between the X10 and the X10i?
I know that the X10i has the mic, and a three-button remote.
But are there any new sonic differences between the two?
If there are any sonic differences, is the $220 difference really worth the sonic differences?\
Thanks

May 18, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #4,584 of 5,364
Quote:
I just learned that on Amazon, the Klipsch X10 is $130 while the X10i with the Remote is $350. What are the differences between the X10 and the X10i?
I know that the X10i has the mic, and a three-button remote.
But are there any new sonic differences between the two?
If there are any sonic differences, is the $220 difference really worth the sonic differences?\
Thanks

LOL, hey you wanna see something funny? 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Quote:

I have been considering the Klipsch X10i since it is $350 and many say that its performance is stellar while satisfying bassheads.

Just out of curiosity, do you know of any significant difference in SQ between the X10 and X10i?  My understanding is that the iDevice remote is the only difference.  If that's the case, I'm not sure that the iDevice remote is worth the additional $220 as the X10 is only $130 on Amazon right now.  Haven't heard either BTW, just wondering why the X10i specifically...

May 18, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #4,585 of 5,364
lol. sorry for not reading previous posts. I was just in a rush.
It seems though I may just be getting the s4i II over the x10i and over the x7i due to its greater bass response with its dynamic driver over the other two with balance armatures.
Thoughts?

May 18, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #4,587 of 5,364
Quote:
Looking for an IEM for my gf to use for her iPhone.
She wants a bassy IEM with good clarity and detail. Must have mic and control and to be worn down.

Thanks,

Budget? 

Either way the FXD80-Z (mic edition, though I only have the regular edition) or the E10M might work out, I'm not sure about the former's mic though. 
Quote:

Suggestions?

So guessing you don't want excessive bass or harsh treble, and you would want some isolation but comfort at the same time?
Well first off, perhaps you could set down a budget?

Quote:
considering an upgrade from my current klipsch x10 to either um3x/ue900/heir3ai

I listen to Indie, EDM, Rock, Pop Rock, punk rock, RnB, rap and occasionally jazz and country.
need bass in my music.
looking for a earpiece that is as comfortable as the klipsch x10 or even more comfortable.
maybe using it for sleeping.

using the cowon iaudio 10 by the way.

The sound descriptor you had left is a bit vague. Perhaps expand on that (signature-wise, characteristics-wise)?
Not sure if you're either open to alternatives, or regarding the fact that the 3.Ais are much more bassier than the other two, not to mention more  tonally aggressive. Not as lush or laid-back as the X10s in this case.

May 18, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #4,588 of 5,364
Quote:
Looking for an IEM for my gf to use for her iPhone.
She wants a bassy IEM with good clarity and detail. Must have mic and control and to be worn down.

Thanks,

Budget? 

Either way the FXD80-Z (mic edition, though I only have the regular edition) or the E10M might work out, I'm not sure about the former's mic though. 

Thanks TwinQY, budget is around £100 - £150, I came across the Denon C300 are they any good? but they look quite bulky.

May 18, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #4,589 of 5,364
I have a pair of AKG 702's and I want to use them at college during breaks.  I don't have a lot of knowledge of headphones and amps so I'd like some suggestions of proven portable amp/dac combo's that can drive these comfortably.

any help would be greatly appreciated

also is there a place where someone can buy used headphone stuff?

you can email me direct or I'll keep checking this thread for activity

romanshawn1968@gmail.com

forgot to add that I'm looking to spend about $500

May 18, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #4,590 of 5,364
Quote:
So guessing you don't want excessive bass or harsh treble, and you would want some isolation but comfort at the same time?
Well first off, perhaps you could set down a budget?

I was thinking something cheaper then 50$, but don't mind paying the extra buck if it is worthwhile.
On the other hand, not sure if I should should invest a lot on a IEM I'm not sure I'm gonna like..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back