Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Mar 20, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #3,406 of 5,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep this time I can definitely rec the Ortofons. Enjoying them on all of the criteria that you're listing. Build on the VSonics are fine, not much to worry about. Some of the most solid and rigid (in a good sense) plastic on an IEM to date. Would cross the Atrios off, not the most stand-out mids, not even the least bit forward as well (build is fine). Probably should not take the TF10 as a benchmark for build against everything, they are exceptionally bad in this case, and well-known for it.

Would also look at the BA200 in this case as they fit most of what you're looking for quite nicely. 

After lots of perusal and reading the feedback of people like Techno Kid who seem to like the same kind of sound signature, I let TwinQY tip the balance and ordered the e-q5.  I look forward to my new IEMs and spending more time on the forum here and appreciate the help I got. 

Mar 20, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #3,407 of 5,364
deciding between the r-50 and hf5, seems to me the r-50 have more treble (from reading reviews) if i stray a little further away from only classical music, which of the two is better suited for a variety of music? i listen to 75% classical 20% EDM 5%Indie Rock, so its more important for the headphones to be suited for classical, but also have some variety for my other types of music. thank you! :) 

EDIT: isolation between hf5 and r-50 isnt a concern, from what ive read i can get the triple flanged tips (not sure if this is right) for the r-50 that will help with the isolation

Mar 20, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #3,408 of 5,364
Hi guys first post in this forum

I am an owner of a w1 that is looking for an upgrade. I tried the w3 and um3x and i liked the um3x more. Just wondering if there are currently any better alternatives or should i just go for the um3x? I listen to mostly rock with abit of techno stuff and pop. Budget will be around 300usd. thanks

Mar 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #3,409 of 5,364
Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this post, but im looking for something that will make the brainwavz b2 treble a little less spicy. I love the extension it has but the notes can get a bit sharp here and there. Could a $50-100 amp fix this (im also planning to buy comply tips, as i bought my b2's used)

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #3,410 of 5,364
Need some help with buyer's remorse.

I just plunked down $99 for a pair of Shure SE215s.
My friend was more or less appalled by the news, saying I could've spent the money on something more "worth it."

Now I'm not a a stranger to good expensive headphones, considering I have a Denon D2000 and a Bose QC15 at home. But all I have for earphones are a $40 pair of Skullcandy Titans (which isn't nearly as bad as some make it out to be).
But that's my friend's argument. He says I already have good headphones at home and I can use the $99 on something better. He says I could even lose the Shures and waste my money (though I take good care of my stuff).

Amazon hasn't shipped out my order yet and I am undecided what to do, so I came here for some help/advice. Should I cancel the order? Are the Shures really worth the price?

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #3,412 of 5,364
Amazon hasn't shipped out my order yet and I am undecided what to do, so I came here for some help/advice. Should I cancel the order? Are the Shures really worth the price?

It's not your friend's money, and he clearly has quite different priorities than you.

Do you want the Shures? Then buy them.

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #3,413 of 5,364
Quote:
Need some help with buyer's remorse.

I just plunked down $99 for a pair of Shure SE215s.
My friend was more or less appalled by the news, saying I could've spent the money on something more "worth it."

Now I'm not a a stranger to good expensive headphones, considering I have a Denon D2000 and a Bose QC15 at home. But all I have for earphones are a $40 pair of Skullcandy Titans (which isn't nearly as bad as some make it out to be).
But that's my friend's argument. He says I already have good headphones at home and I can use the $99 on something better. He says I could even lose the Shures and waste my money (though I take good care of my stuff).

I have a the exact pair of shure as yours, and I paid the same price , I am saying that as long as you can achieve good comfort and seal (shure olives may help) the shure will surprise you nicely , the bass is pretty awesome and if your experience with earbud is only a skullcandy, you will like the shure alot

Mar 21, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #3,414 of 5,364
Thanks for your input guys.

I just saw the Monster Turbines go on sale for $79. 
How do they compare to the Shures sound quality and design/durability wise? 

The Turbines and SE215 have distinct sound signatures, could anyone give me a brief summary? It would really help me out.

Mar 21, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #3,415 of 5,364
Thanks for your input guys.

I just saw the Monster Turbines go on sale for $79. 
How do they compare to the Shures sound quality and design/durability wise? 

The Turbines and SE215 have distinct sound signatures, could anyone give me a brief summary? It would really help me out.
i pref the SE215 over turbines ANYDAY. don't tell me turbines have bass, they are so bad. SE215 have bass too,MUCH better.

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #3,417 of 5,364
Between the SE215 and the Turbines, which one sounds better? Which one has a larger soundstage, quality (NOT quantity) bass, instrument separation , vocals, etc? 

And of course, what about durability and CS of Monster and Shure? I've Monster is horrible with customer service, but I also heard they have a lots of support for Turbines.

Thanks to anyone who can help 

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #3,419 of 5,364
Quote:
Between the SE215 and the Turbines, which one sounds better? Which one has a larger soundstage, quality (NOT quantity) bass, instrument separation , vocals, etc? 

And of course, what about durability and CS of Monster and Shure? I've Monster is horrible with customer service, but I also heard they have a lots of support for Turbines.

Thanks to anyone who can help 

I recently saw this link and thought it might help you: http://www.head-fi.org/t/554541/monster-turbine-v-shure-se-215

I know you want to make the 'right' decision and the most of your money but you can make yourself nuts fretting and over-thinking a decision. 

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #3,420 of 5,364
HF5 vs RE-400
in terms of isolation i know the HF5 are better, but i was wondering if it was possible to get the triple tips on the re-400. 
i listen to majority classical music (70%-80%) and the other times i enjoy some EDM, more concerned with accurate bass rather than head thumping bass. 
Which product do you guys think is better for me? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back