Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Mar 3, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #3,001 of 5,364
Hi!

I am looking forward buying a pair of IEM.
I was thinking about the Shure SE215...
I am using COWON Z2 and listening to all kinds of rock and metal(from beatles and the black keys to lamb of god an in flames)
Is there any better option then the Shure 215 at that price range?

Mar 3, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #3,002 of 5,364
Quote:
Hi!
I am looking forward buying a pair of IEM.
I was thinking about the Shure SE215...
I am using COWON Z2 and listening to all kinds of rock and metal(from beatles and the black keys to lamb of god an in flames)
Is there any better option then the Shure 215 at that price range?

Rock is very decent on the SE215, smooth mids, a bit laid back compared to the midbass, but drums just have an awesome texture to it. Again, mids do vocals and guitar very nicely for rock, if there was just a bit more treble, then pretty much perfect (strictly speaking for rock) at the price.

X10s, FXT90s, plenty of choices in the pool.

Mar 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #3,003 of 5,364
OK I have only briefly heard Grado cans, and also from how the others describe it's signature (detailed with bright and sparkly treble, neutral and tight bass), I would say go for DBA-02 MkII.

Also consider R-50 and Brainwavz B2 - I would recommend Brainwavz B2 because MP4nation puts them on sale for around $99 from time to time, and its signature is similar to DBA-02.

R-50 is a bit different, it has less bright treble (smoother treble), more detailed mid, and slightly lighter bass

Thanks for the suggestions! I looked into the b2, and some reviews said there was some sibilance, is this a big problem, or does it only occur on some songs?

Mar 3, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #3,004 of 5,364
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions! I looked into the b2, and some reviews said there was some sibilance, is this a big problem, or does it only occur on some songs?

If you like your treble, it should be OK, foam tips will help taming the sibilance too, I actually don't find it being sibilant, but that's because I like my treble a little bit hot

If you have problem with hot treble, then look at something like TDK BA200, or Creative Aurvana 3, both of them have smooth and non-fatiguing treble

Mar 3, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #3,005 of 5,364
Hi,

i spent the last 3 hours searching for the right manufacturer for my first ciem's still i'm a bit unconclusive, so i need advice from you guys :)

I'm searching for sub-500$ dual driver CIEM's, with following features:

1. changeable cables
  2. bass-orientated sound

I dont know if it helps but i leave a couple links here so you know what kind of music i am hearing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2NqcWP8tos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JELwIujC5-U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgMRm5jGW-k

I'm currently using my UE super.fi 5 EB (i know old one's :)), and i like the sound signature of them a lot, but i'm also aware that i cant get that much bass of BA-driven iem's.

I hope there is something out there for me.

Thanks a lot!

Mar 3, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #3,006 of 5,364
Quote:
Rock is very decent on the SE215, smooth mids, a bit laid back compared to the midbass, but drums just have an awesome texture to it. Again, mids do vocals and guitar very nicely for rock, if there was just a bit more treble, then pretty much perfect (strictly speaking for rock) at the price.

X10s, FXT90s, plenty of choices in the pool.

Thanks for the help! :D

I will probably be going with the Shure's...any other suggestions?

Mar 3, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #3,007 of 5,364
Hi guys,
I have a pair of ATH-M50s that I'm enjoying.  Problem is, I live in the freaking subtropics and it gets hot as all hell here.  I persevered through last summer with a pair of full-size headphones on, but I think I won't be doing that again.

I'd like to find a pair of IEMs for around US$100 that sound kind of similar to the ATH-M50s.  I have pretty generic tastes.  I like big bass and sparkly trebles.  I'm willing to pay more for quality.

Thanks!

Mar 3, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #3,008 of 5,364
Quote:
Hi guys,
I have a pair of ATH-M50s that I'm enjoying.  Problem is, I live in the freaking subtropics and it gets hot as all hell here.  I persevered through last summer with a pair of full-size headphones on, but I think I won't be doing that again.

I'd like to find a pair of IEMs for around US$100 that sound kind of similar to the ATH-M50s.  I have pretty generic tastes.  I like big bass and sparkly trebles.  I'm willing to pay more for quality.

Thanks!

FXT80s fit the mark. Elevated, tight, fast bass with plenty of kick. Slightly pulled back mids clear as day. And a healthy dose of sparkle.

Mar 3, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #3,012 of 5,364
Quote:
Hi there everyone, I'm looking for a set of earbuds that will be used when I'm going for gym workouts and when jogging around town. 
The earbuds preferably will have either earhooks or bands that will prevent it from dropping out.
No IEMs please.
Please do note that I'm staying in a tropical country so I'll be sweating a whole lot more than cooler climates.
Budget will be ~$150

I'll be using Cowon J3 to drive them and will be mainly listening to Rock, Jazz and Pop.
Thanks for any recommendations.

Also, I would like to know that between Beyerdynamic DT235, Denon DN-HP700 and Ultrasone HFI-450, which headphone is arguably more suited to the music I listen to?

Hi, any help in response to my enquiry?
Thanks!

Mar 3, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #3,013 of 5,364
Quote:
Hi, any help in response to my enquiry?
Thanks!

Yep, they were already included in part 2 & 3 of the mega-post.

Since I can't edit the dang thing in now, I'll look through the BBS code I saved and find the reply if they really need it. Sorry again. :frowning2:

Sorry again for the wait.

Mar 4, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #3,015 of 5,364
Wait might as well answer it since I have the time (waiting for bus).
Quote:
Hi there everyone, I'm looking for a set of earbuds that will be used when I'm going for gym workouts and when jogging around town. 
The earbuds preferably will have either earhooks or bands that will prevent it from dropping out.
No IEMs please.
Please do note that I'm staying in a tropical country so I'll be sweating a whole lot more than cooler climates.
Budget will be ~$150

I'll be using Cowon J3 to drive them and will be mainly listening to Rock, Jazz and Pop.
Thanks for any recommendations.

Also, I would like to know that between Beyerdynamic DT235, Denon DN-HP700 and Ultrasone HFI-450, which headphone is arguably more suited to the music I listen to?

Cross the last two off, more electronic-oriented tonality (v-shape, light speedy note presentation relatively)

For the hooks, just add these on: http://v-moda.com/sport-earhooks/, and for the buds, since the budget's so high, spring for a Yuin (house sound fits those genres nicely) or the MX880. Sparse choices when IEMs are out of the equation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back