Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Feb 11, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #2,791 of 5,364
Quote:
I'm looking for an IEM that is within the range of $100-200. I listen to mostly orchestras, country and pop. I tried Klipsch S4 and thought the bass was nice but the treble didn't seem to have any depth... Thanks!
redface.gif

TDK IE800 would be perfect for your music genres

Feb 11, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #2,792 of 5,364
Quote:
I'm looking for an alternative to my SE215 when I just want to do some casual listening and movie watching and don't want to bother with the over-the-ear thingy.
My budget is around $75-80 including shipping.

Was very excited about the HiFiMAN RE-ZERO but the only pair available (that I've found) is from Amazon and the store doesn't ship to Sweden... otherwise I bet they'll be unbeatable for $59. Does anyone know any other place that still sells them and ships internationally?

Otherwise, what's the best bang-for-the-buck in the $75-80 range?

UE700 or X10 - they both have been on sale for around $85

Feb 11, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #2,795 of 5,364
Okay, I've come to a conclusion, all prices are from Lend Me Ur Ears with free shipping. Supposed to replace my Denon AH-C360 (they suck and costs about $70 in Sweden).

VSONIC VC02, $40.88
VSONIC GR04, $53.14
VSONIC GR06, $65.40
Astrotec AM-800, $65.40

How are the GR04 and GR06 to wear straight down instead of over the ear? I'm mostly going to use them for casual music listening and watching movies through my iPhone 5.

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #2,796 of 5,364
Quote:
Okay, I've come to a conclusion, all prices are from Lend Me Ur Ears with free shipping. Supposed to replace my Denon AH-C360 (they suck and costs about $70 in Sweden).

VSONIC VC02, $40.88
VSONIC GR04, $53.14
VSONIC GR06, $65.40
Astrotec AM-800, $65.40

How are the GR04 and GR06 to wear straight down instead of over the ear? I'm mostly going to use them for casual music listening and watching movies through my iPhone 5.

Quote:
Where? Found X10 on Amazon for $89 but no shipping to Sweden, seems like most of the Amazon sellers don't ship to us Scandinavians. New UE 700 for $199, $89 for used and no shipping.

www.shipito.com if you are still keen on buying stuff from Amazon

AFAIK both GR04 and GR06 are over ears, I'd recommend GR06 over GR04

Feb 11, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #2,797 of 5,364
New to the over $30 headphone crowd...like a lot of people posting here.  I'm looking for something that I can use with my iPod while traveling...but has a good sound at home, as well.  I'm thinking over the ear...but am open to on the ear.  I want to get away from in the ear.   I listen mostly to progressive rock.  Nice bass would be good...but I do not want it overpowering...I want to be able to hear it all.  I'm looking to spend around $100.  Any advice would be great.  I've been looking at some Sennheiser 280 pros...but those may not be as portable as I would like.

Thanks!

Feb 11, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #2,798 of 5,364
Quote:
New to the over $30 headphone crowd...like a lot of people posting here.  I'm looking for something that I can use with my iPod while traveling...but has a good sound at home, as well.  I'm thinking over the ear...but am open to on the ear.  I want to get away from in the ear.   I listen mostly to progressive rock.  Nice bass would be good...but I do not want it overpowering...I want to be able to hear it all.  I'm looking to spend around $100.  Any advice would be great.  I've been looking at some Sennheiser 280 pros...but those may not be as portable as I would like.

Thanks!

Consider the JVC HA-S500's. Lots of great reviews on them. Check out this thread for more info: http://www.head-fi.org/t/621063/the-jvc-ha-s500-appreciation-fan-thread/4845#post_9150928

Feb 11, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #2,799 of 5,364
In doing some research here, I am leaning toward the Atrio Professional MG7's.  My budget is about $100 or so, and I found them for around that price.  I am speeding toward 50, so the high's don't get heard very well any more and I like deep, full bass.  I want an IEM with good isolation and will be using them mostly in 2 scenarios.  1) with a motorcycle helmet and 2) while playing keyboard (Aviom monitors at church).  One thing I have noticed with other (cheap) IEM's I have used is that the bass gets reduced significantly when riding on my motorcycle. (Arguing about using on a motorcycle will get us no where - and is not the input I'm seeking.)  In the helmet, I have a bluetooth headset that powers the earbuds.  Not sure what kind of amp it has in it.

1) Are the MG7's small so that they will not get bumped too much when putting on my helmet?
2) I noticed that they are 32 ohm instead of 16 like most others.  What effect will this have?  Will they be less loud?
3) Are they durable?  In the past I've used Sony MDR-EX35's and they last about 6 months and then one side looses sound.
4) The Sony's are rated to 6 Hz but the MG7's to 18.  Will the MG7's play low bass and a lot of it?

Thanks!

Feb 11, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #2,800 of 5,364
The left earplug of my set of Brainwavz M3 has gone out after about 1.5 years so I'm looking for a replacement. I like the style and sound quality of the M3's but I'd like to try something new.

Budget is around $100. 
My music selection is extensive. A good balanced set of IEM's is what I'm looking for.

Suggestions would be great!

Feb 12, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #2,801 of 5,364
Quote:
The left earplug of my set of Brainwavz M3 has gone out after about 1.5 years so I'm looking for a replacement. I like the style and sound quality of the M3's but I'd like to try something new.

Budget is around $100. 
My music selection is extensive. A good balanced set of IEM's is what I'm looking for.

Suggestions would be great!

UE700 or X10, which can be had for under $100 from Amazon.

Both are small and super comfortable...

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #2,803 of 5,364
Please help my cousin enter the audiophile world.. He's had 3 pairs of Sol Republic buds (yes, that deep)

He wants earbuds with very clear vocals and decent instrument seperation. But the most important part is hearing the singer.

Main listening will be Khmer Music (native to our nationality..vocals predominant.. youtube sample may help, but I can't link it while I'm currently at work)

Budget: $100-$150
Sound: Clean/Clear Vocals with good Soundstage

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #2,804 of 5,364
Looking for IEMS below $80 that have a tight punchy bass, somewhat decent soundstage, good separation of instruments, and sound good with hip-hop/a bit of technical metal. (The hip-hop I listen to isn't crazy on bass but I can't appreciate it without a nice tight bass with a punch.) Please, any help would be appreciated!

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #2,805 of 5,364
I've been getting PMs for this, so just to clarify.
Taken from PM
Quote:
Nope, I closed the browser on Monday without remembering it was there. 50 replies in and now I have to retype it.

It might be up in a few hours, I'll see if I can get home early today.

I still have 25 replies left to go. Wait a hour or two?

Also added the ones after the original posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back