Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Jan 30, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #2,671 of 5,364
Could someone recommend an over the ear set of iems similar to price/SQ of the monoprice these were mentioned a few times: http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Flexible-Headphones-SHS3200-28/dp/B003CJTR82/ref=pd_sim_e_2   
Also how is it possible to setup this mic   (  http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ?tag=hardfocom-20    )  with the monoprice IEMS on a cell phone?  

Jan 30, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #2,674 of 5,364
Thanks Inline79! I pulled the trigger on MC5 for $55....reading about the JVC HA-FX40...lots of great reviews..wow!>....but will they be good for jazz music?
a neutral sound?...also reading people recommend an insance burn-in of 150hours...thinking of ordering them to take on my long flight WITH the MC5 for testing
...are there some tips I should get which are better than all the ones coming with the MC5?...are there tips that improve the JVC HA-FX40?

Jan 30, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #2,675 of 5,364
Hi

I have been using Monster Turbine Pro Copper for about half a year now. And from start there is one problem. They are quite heavy and my ears start hurting after listening for about an hour, if I  have them properly inserted, so that I get good seal and bass.  
I've tried all tips that came in the box and they weren't good for me. So now I'm using Comply foam tips and I can listen longer before the pain starts, but in the end it's still a problem.
I've tried not to insert them so deep and I must say that it was more comfortable, but sound was very bad and there was no seal. On the other hand when I have them inserted properly I really love the sound (but then the ears start hurting :p).
So this leads me to my question: 
Which in-ear headphones would be good for me (or is there any way I could fix the problem with Turbines)? Something like Monster Turbine pro but lighter. I listen to soundtracks, rock, trance, maybe a little classic. And I also like to have strong bass :D

thanks for any suggestions

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #2,676 of 5,364

I have been lurking for awhile.  I am having the hardest time purchasing my first pair of good cans.  I am having such a hard time based on how I will be using my headphones.  For the cans I have narrowed down I can get them all for $60 or less (some used).

Usage
1)  MP3 player and PC - must be able to be driven by these
2)  Wearing while walking the dog, sitting at my desk at work, and at the gym (lifting weights) - like the idea of not having a 10 ft cord 

Priorities
1) Comfort - I wear glasses so must be comfortable with glasses
2) Outside Isolation -  I really want cans that isolate outside noise so that I do not have to crank the volume up when outside.  I already have tinitus (ringing in the ears) and im on in my early 30's =(
3) Sound  - obvisouly I want great sound with my other two priorities meet

So far I have narrowed down my list which i can find for about $60 for all.

1) CAL! - Creative Aurvana Live!  $60 
2) JVC HA-S500 $58 ( read through the 313 page appreciation thread)
3) Sony MDRZX700  - $56
4) AKG K81DJ -$33

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

PLEASE HELP A NEW MEMBER OUT!!!!!

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #2,678 of 5,364
Hey Guys! 

I also need some advice!

I am looking for In-Ear Headphones or IEM! 
I have a pair of Senns HD650 at home, but I am hoping the IEMs could sound a bit more like the Senns HD600. 

90% of the time, I am listening to classical music. From Piano Solo to Clarinet Concertos. Everything. 
I am looking for a very detailed and neutral sound. So I guess somewhere between the 600 and 650!

My budget is about 350€ ~450$...

I am currently looking at the Ultimate Ears-900, Westone W4RC, Westone um3x or Fischer amps fa-3e.
Which one of those would be the best for me?
If none, what other ones could you guys recommend?

They are mostly for portable use only, and my amplification if needed, would be a FiiO E7.

Thanks in advance!

Jan 30, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #2,679 of 5,364
I'm looking for a fun, bassy IEM (custom or universal) that's going to be used mainly for hip-hop/rap. Probably something that sounds like a CX-300 on steroids - better texture, treble that extends a bit higher... any ideas?

Jan 30, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #2,680 of 5,364
You should probably look at a lower end Etymotic, like the MC5.

Quote:

I have been lurking for awhile.  I am having the hardest time purchasing my first pair of good cans.  I am having such a hard time based on how I will be using my headphones.  For the cans I have narrowed down I can get them all for $60 or less (some used).

Usage
1)  MP3 player and PC - must be able to be driven by these
2)  Wearing while walking the dog, sitting at my desk at work, and at the gym (lifting weights) - like the idea of not having a 10 ft cord 

Priorities
1) Comfort - I wear glasses so must be comfortable with glasses
2) Outside Isolation -  I really want cans that isolate outside noise so that I do not have to crank the volume up when outside.  I already have tinitus (ringing in the ears) and im on in my early 30's =(
3) Sound  - obvisouly I want great sound with my other two priorities meet

So far I have narrowed down my list which i can find for about $60 for all.

1) CAL! - Creative Aurvana Live!  $60 
2) JVC HA-S500 $58 ( read through the 313 page appreciation thread)
3) Sony MDRZX700  - $56
4) AKG K81DJ -$33

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

PLEASE HELP A NEW MEMBER OUT!!!!!

Jan 30, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #2,681 of 5,364
Perhaps you could try some custom IEM sleeves, which are shaped to your ear.

Quote:
Hi

I have been using Monster Turbine Pro Copper for about half a year now. And from start there is one problem. They are quite heavy and my ears start hurting after listening for about an hour, if I  have them properly inserted, so that I get good seal and bass.  
I've tried all tips that came in the box and they weren't good for me. So now I'm using Comply foam tips and I can listen longer before the pain starts, but in the end it's still a problem.
I've tried not to insert them so deep and I must say that it was more comfortable, but sound was very bad and there was no seal. On the other hand when I have them inserted properly I really love the sound (but then the ears start hurting :p).
So this leads me to my question: 
Which in-ear headphones would be good for me (or is there any way I could fix the problem with Turbines)? Something like Monster Turbine pro but lighter. I listen to soundtracks, rock, trance, maybe a little classic. And I also like to have strong bass :D

thanks for any suggestions

Jan 30, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #2,683 of 5,364
Looking for nice over the ear or on the ear headphones. Under 100 bucks would be cool. Something small, extremely comfy, and portable with good sound quality. Something like bose oe2 or beats solos but for under 100. I am mainly looking at comfort and portability. Thanks!

Jan 30, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #2,684 of 5,364
Quote:
Could someone recommend an over the ear set of iems similar to price/SQ of the monoprice these were mentioned a few times: http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Flexible-Headphones-SHS3200-28/dp/B003CJTR82/ref=pd_sim_e_2   
Also how is it possible to setup this mic   (  http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ?tag=hardfocom-20    )  with the monoprice IEMS on a cell phone?  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't the monoprice be worn over the ear - I haven't seen or heard of a pair of IEM's that have a hard ear hook like the ones you mention that sound worth a damn - you are asking for great sound and dirt cheap price - a hard combination. I bought my daughter a pair of Sony's that had the hard hook, but they were more of a bud-type headphone - there wasn't a seal so the sound was inferior. - But you can wear the Monoprice with the cable over the ear - that's going to be one of the best combinations of sound and price you will find.

Jan 30, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #2,685 of 5,364
Quote:
Looking for nice over the ear or on the ear headphones. Under 100 bucks would be cool. Something small, extremely comfy, and portable with good sound quality. Something like bose oe2 or beats solos but for under 100. I am mainly looking at comfort and portability. Thanks!

Creative Aurvana Live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back