Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Jan 24, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #2,551 of 5,364
I have the K450s and have auditioned the M50s extensively.  The M50 is a big upgrade, both in size of the headphone and quality across the range.  You'll notice a big difference.
Also have the 8320s, enjo

Wow if you think the UE6000 doesn't have enough bass, then you are a bass head!  Sony XB500 for you, my friend.  <$50 if you can still find them, and let us know what you think of them.
idk if it was the music I was listening to or the headphones. I listed to them in best buy with the sample music they have

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #2,552 of 5,364
Hello everyone,

So I am looking for a new pair of earbuds since one side of my last pair died again.. ;(

Now I really dont like it if they go deep into the ear canal.
Because for some reason there will always be a little bit of ear wax getting to the grill, and I keep myself clean don't worry.

So I was looking at the Bang&Olufsen but they get mixed reviews, however I'm not really an audiophile so I'm probably not that harsh on it, I just like clean sound.
But if there are any earbuds that use those silicone tips to seal off the ear, thats fine as long as they don't go to deep.

Also do you lose all soundstage with in ear earbuds? Since they don't have vents?

I really like the a8's don't hate on me :/, but I'm a bit put off that they have a bit of an open design so everyone around me would be able to hear me am I correct?

Feel free to leave your recommendations.

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #2,553 of 5,364
Quote:
okay i made an account just to post this question: i was going to be Dre Beats (studio) or the Bose 15 because i "heard" that they were portable and great but from reading from posts by accounts by accident I've decided to change my mind because you all don't have to most positive reviews of those headphones so what can i get that will be good and cancel noise and if it cant do those things be very durable and Cheap??? price range 50$- 150$ i would entertain 250$ but you will have to explain and give me reason behind it. please and thank you 

okay so now that i know how to do this quote proecedure, are there any reasonable hadphones i can get for under from the price of 50$- all the way to 250$???

Jan 24, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #2,555 of 5,364
Quote:
What music do you mainly listen to?

i listen to rap, hip-hop (young Jeezy), gospel (any Chior), R&B (Donnell Jones) soul (frankie Beverly and Maze) and i also have some classical like Beethoven and Van Cliburn when i need to study i dont know what to count the intro music for bleach, naruto, etc but i download some of those as well, i can say rock as well because of linkin park everything but heavy metal and maybe most country but there are expections for the country stuff. i hope i described it properly.

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #2,557 of 5,364
Well, upgraditis has struck again. I am looking to upgrade my current on-the-go rig, which is a Sansa Clip+ => stock cable interconnect => FiiO E11 => stock cables => UE TripleFi 10 with Comply tips. I was thinking of getting a DAC, but I am not too excited about the idea of carrying a laptop around for digital out. I just upgraded to the TF10s, and I am pretty satisfied there-what is the next step in upgrading? Should I get new cables? Is a DAC really that special?

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #2,558 of 5,364
Here's a new pursuit for you.

I want a single earbud.  It'll plug into some kind of homemade mono amp in my guitar.  I'll use it to give myself cue notes for singing, which I need for some keys.

It doesn't have to be expensive because it's only ever going to reproduce one note at a time.  It does have to be free of any bass boost or treble boost, because that's unprofessional, I don't like it, and it would interfere with what I'm using it for.  I want one clean, direct, unmodified note.

I like flanges better than foam.

Anyone care to tackle this?

Thanks

Sog

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #2,559 of 5,364
Quote:
Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy some canalphones for around $100 and i seem to be leaning towards the Vsonic GR06.
I predominately listen to fairly bass heavy house, trance, electronic type stuff and i currently have a pair of Beats by dre tour in ears. 
Would the Vsonics be my best bet or is there something more appropriate for my tastes and how would they compare to my current beats earphones?
One other thing to add is I prefer to wear them worn down (not over the ear) which someone on here said you can do with the GR06s.

Edit: Searching around it seems I dont need to pay the $120 i was planning on to get the GR06s here in Australia as i can get them for $60 off ebay from lendmeurears. How safe is buying earphones off ebay and what happens is i develop a problem with them? Do i send them to Vsonic or the ebay seller at my cost ect.?

Thanks!

Lendmeurears is legit, a little slow in processing and dispatching, but you will get them, I bought my GR07 from them

Jan 25, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #2,560 of 5,364
Hey,

Looking for IEM's  for listening to EDM music mainly Trance. But would i be better going for an IEM or the V-Moda M80'? If people could recommend me what would be the better option? the only thing putting me off the M80's is that I can't put them away anywhere but I do prefer the on-ear style to the in ear.

Thanks

Edit: Budget $150

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #2,561 of 5,364
Hello there !!!

i'm new on this forum, and i start posting here ^^

Noob and frenchie inside, so please forgive my bad english... and btw, eventually "posting mistake" i could make.

well, after inscription, i got an email with many advice on "how to post", and find good advice. in fact, i joined this forum because i want to post my portable rig in this topic : http://www.head-fi.org/t/633511/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xvi ..... evidence. if i have a portable rig at this moment it's because of all eye candy i found in this topic. after spending many hour of drooling on beautiful rig... i needed to get mine ^^

But, i'm newbie on this place, so i don't have the perm's to post pics... so... hello there ^^

blabla. seriously, in the idea of making my own portable rig, and with the fact i don't have many €€€ to spend, my choice stopped on a Fiio E11.
really happy for this one.

but, after i taken a look on this topic : http://www.head-fi.org/t/541204/concise-multi-iem-comparison-final-audio-design-adagio-v-added-jan-17th-2013 , some doubt growing in my mind...

i ordered Yamaha EPH-100 iem. (http://www.son-video.com/Rayons/Hifi/Casques/Yamaha-EPH100.html) but i see no yamaha iem in the "concise iem comparison" !

so, do i made a mistake by purchasing this one ?  they sound good and really comfortable, IMHO... but... after reading head-fi forums, i'm a little disappointed now...

last question, if i want a really good iem, for around 200$ max... what model i need (yes. it's a need...^^) and where can i look for it?

thanks.

edit... damn. after reading GammaGoblin's post (just below), it appears i didn't mentionned i listen many style of music. i'm  hmmm.. "eclectic" ? i can listen trance, electro, metal, ... and... i'm not sure off all the "music classification". i listen all style. all... but "rap". for me, listening rap is like licking the bottom of my WC... ^^ huhu

EDIT... one more time. -___-' and.. i found this : http://www.head-fi.org/t/577712/yamaha-eph-100

again... sorry. i'm big noob here... -___-

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #2,562 of 5,364
Hi everyone.
So i decided to buy somewhat high-end IEM`s and the choice is
  1. Sennheiser IE-80
  2. Westone 1
  3. Audio Technica ATH-CKM99
  4. Sony XBA-2/XBA-1
I listen to electronic music (trance and ambient).
I need good bass output, and I dont care much about highs.
The one thing that really bothers me is, will my SonyEricsson wt19i be able to power any of above?

Jan 25, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #2,563 of 5,364
So today I received some Seinheiser CX300b mkii earbuds, but I have a few problems with them. One, the cord and the connection to the earbud looks incredibly weak. Secondly, they are the kind that go behind your neck, with one cord longer than the other. I prefer the standard Y ones. Finally, they have really piercing highs, which make the metal music I listen to unbearable. Every time someone sings a word with S in it it makes my head hurt (this might be because they need to burn in, or whatever people keep talking about).

So, to my request. What are the best earbuds for around $30? I currently have the seinheisers and some $5 panasonic ones. I would like them to have the standard Y cord, have good durability, be in ear, and, of course, have decent sound. I am sure questions like this get asked all the time, and so I thank you for your patience in helping a newbie out.

Jan 25, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #2,564 of 5,364
Quote:
Hello there !!!

i'm new on this forum, and i start posting here ^^

Noob and frenchie inside, so please forgive my bad english... and btw, eventually "posting mistake" i could make.

well, after inscription, i got an email with many advice on "how to post", and find good advice. in fact, i joined this forum because i want to post my portable rig in this topic : http://www.head-fi.org/t/633511/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xvi ..... evidence. if i have a portable rig at this moment it's because of all eye candy i found in this topic. after spending many hour of drooling on beautiful rig... i needed to get mine ^^

But, i'm newbie on this place, so i don't have the perm's to post pics... so... hello there ^^

blabla. seriously, in the idea of making my own portable rig, and with the fact i don't have many €€€ to spend, my choice stopped on a Fiio E11.
really happy for this one.

but, after i taken a look on this topic : http://www.head-fi.org/t/541204/concise-multi-iem-comparison-final-audio-design-adagio-v-added-jan-17th-2013 , some doubt growing in my mind...

i ordered Yamaha EPH-100 iem. (http://www.son-video.com/Rayons/Hifi/Casques/Yamaha-EPH100.html) but i see no yamaha iem in the "concise iem comparison" !

so, do i made a mistake by purchasing this one ?  they sound good and really comfortable, IMHO... but... after reading head-fi forums, i'm a little disappointed now...

last question, if i want a really good iem, for around 200$ max... what model i need (yes. it's a need...^^) and where can i look for it?

thanks.

edit... damn. after reading GammaGoblin's post (just below), it appears i didn't mentionned i listen many style of music. i'm  hmmm.. "eclectic" ? i can listen trance, electro, metal, ... and... i'm not sure off all the "music classification". i listen all style. all... but "rap". for me, listening rap is like licking the bottom of my WC... ^^ huhu

EDIT... one more time. -___-' and.. i found this : http://www.head-fi.org/t/577712/yamaha-eph-100

again... sorry. i'm big noob here... -___-

If the Yamaha sound good to you, then great. I have never used Yamaha IEMs, so I can't comment on their quality. As far as a new IEM for $200 goes, I would say Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10-also known simply as TF10s. You can find them new on eBay for $150-$175, or new on Amazon.com for $200-$225. They used to retail at $400, thus several places still sell them at MSRP, but they are a slightly older generation. (Thus the lowered price) They have amazing sound, 3 drivers (speakers) in each ear, and removable cables.

Welcome to Head-Fi. Sorry about your wallet.

Jan 25, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #2,565 of 5,364
Quote:
So today I received some Seinheiser CX300b mkii earbuds, but I have a few problems with them. One, the cord and the connection to the earbud looks incredibly weak. Secondly, they are the kind that go behind your neck, with one cord longer than the other. I prefer the standard Y ones. Finally, they have really piercing highs, which make the metal music I listen to unbearable. Every time someone sings a word with S in it it makes my head hurt (this might be because they need to burn in, or whatever people keep talking about).

So, to my request. What are the best earbuds for around $30? I currently have the seinheisers and some $5 panasonic ones. I would like them to have the standard Y cord, have good durability, be in ear, and, of course, have decent sound. I am sure questions like this get asked all the time, and so I thank you for your patience in helping a newbie out.

I have the CX300 MKI's and although the cable feels extremely flimsy, they've lasted me 4 years and I've been trying really hard to kill them because everyone says the cable sucks. The J-cable is kind of a hassle for me too, especially when "rolling" them up for storage and they always get tangled when "unrolling". <- adds to my attempt to try and break the cables

As for the highs, I haven't listened to the MKII's before, but the MKI doesn't have piercing highs like you described. My ears are sensitive to sibilance and I find them to be fine with well-recorded music; of course if a track isn't recorded very well, sibilance is going to be a problem with a lot of headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back