Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Jan 21, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #2,521 of 5,364
Quote:
Hi guys,

Lost all of my tips for my Dunu DN-12 Trident. How could I go about getting replacement tips? DUNU seems to be terrible with getting back to me (no response via email yet..) and I am not sure as to which tips are going to fit.

Saw this in another thread but I am not sure what fits. http://www.earplugstore.com/sheaandmoac.html

and this. http://www.amazon.com/Shure-PA755-Triple-Flange-Sound-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B0002INL4M

Thanks

Sony Hybrids sort of fit if you stretch them a bit. Use them for all my Dunus instead of the stock ones. You can get cheap, fake (but basically identical to the actual Sony ones, I have the two side by side ATM) ones here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/earbud-replacement-tips-9-pair-18-pcs-SM-MD-LG-WHATEVER-MIX-YOU-WANT-x-/150683851137?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item2315751981

The MEElectronic ones should also fit big-nozzle IEMs like the Tridents. The two Shure tips are for much, much smaller nozzles (think Westone/Shure size)

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #2,523 of 5,364
Hi everyone. I want to buy new IEMs for my player. Considering my budget, I have 3 options:
SoundMAGIC PL30
Sony MDR-XB30EX
Sony MDR-EX310LP
I`ve read a couple of reviews and it appears they all are pretty good for their price. But may be, there is some minor detail, which will make one a little better overt other two? Looking forward  your advice.

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #2,524 of 5,364
Quote:
Hi everyone. I want to buy new IEMs for my player. Considering my budget, I have 3 options:
SoundMAGIC PL30
Sony MDR-XB30EX
Sony MDR-EX310LP
I`ve read a couple of reviews and it appears they all are pretty good for their price. But may be, there is some minor detail, which will make one a little better overt other two? Looking forward  your advice.

Their sounds, while very good, are vastly different. What genres do you listen to? What type of sound do you prefer? 

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #2,526 of 5,364
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a pair of in ears for my girlfriend with a budget of around £30. They'll be her first experience of decent headphones so I would like them to give her a bit of wow moment like first time I upgraded from out of the box phones myself. A positive experience from these would also help explain my fast growing obsession with head fi...

Music wise she listens mainly to indie, pop and Motown along with some ska and a few other bits and pieces. She doesn't like any edm so I don't think she'd like anything too bassy. Vocals and guitars are probably the main focus. She also has quite small ears so I want to make sure I don't get her anything too bulky.

After reading around the current front runners are:

Soundmagic e10
Skull candy Ink'd 2.0
MEelectronics M6

Any iem that comes in purple also has an advantage in this!

Thanks.

Jan 21, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #2,527 of 5,364
Quote:
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a pair of in ears for my girlfriend with a budget of around £30. They'll be her first experience of decent headphones so I would like them to give her a bit of wow moment like first time I upgraded from out of the box phones myself. A positive experience from these would also help explain my fast growing obsession with head fi...

Music wise she listens mainly to indie, pop and Motown along with some ska and a few other bits and pieces. She doesn't like any edm so I don't think she'd like anything too bassy. Vocals and guitars are probably the main focus. She also has quite small ears so I want to make sure I don't get her anything too bulky.

After reading around the current front runners are:

Soundmagic e10
Skull candy Ink'd 2.0
MEelectronics M6

Any iem that comes in purple also has an advantage in this!

Thanks.

the m6 comes in purple :wink:

http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_M6_Stylish_Earphones_p/earphone-m6-pp-mee.htm

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #2,528 of 5,364
Hellos there,

I used to own an ATH M50 until 2 months ago. I sold them because they were giving me headaches. I loved using them for movies mostly, but also for music.
I am looking for an IEM that isn't worse in terms of details, but it doesn't have to have the same signature. I think the M50 are relatively flat (neutral) sounding, so maybe something of this kind?

Budget is up to 120 USD (shipping included).
Amazon prices are irrelevant cause they don't ship electronics to Israel, so I need some website that sells to international users (eBay doesn't have good pricing really, and many IEMs aren't there at all, only the very popular).

Thanks.

Jan 21, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #2,529 of 5,364

Thanks very much but I checked and despite the purple factor the over ear loop is a no no. In terms of price she thinks the sound magic are too much so I may buy her them for a present in the future (broke at the mo). We've also ruled out the skull candy due to worries about the highs and possible tinnyness.

I think the new price limit will be £20 from Amazon uk, would any of the budget Panasonic phones fit the bill? I've been looking through Gigafi's excellent budget thread and seen them mentioned a few times in the posts.

Jan 21, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #2,530 of 5,364
Quote:
Thanks very much but I checked and despite the purple factor the over ear loop is a no no. In terms of price she thinks the sound magic are too much so I may buy her them for a present in the future (broke at the mo). We've also ruled out the skull candy due to worries about the highs and possible tinnyness.

I think the new price limit will be £20 from Amazon uk, would any of the budget Panasonic phones fit the bill? I've been looking through Gigafi's excellent budget thread and seen them mentioned a few times in the posts.

I would suggest the vsonic VC02, but you will have to move your limit to 25 pounds.

the vocal are GREAT on these iems with nice bass, not too bassy. And these are very little so not bulky, and the tips are also very nice in different colors. They are 10 times better than the M6. haven't heard the other two.

http://www.lendmeurears.com/product_info.php?cPath=15&products_id=59

Jan 21, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #2,531 of 5,364
I'm looking for some IEMs for orchestral/marching listening as well as some of the classics from the 60s and 70s.  I do enjoy bass, but not so much that the music loses its meaning (enough so that there is bass present).  My budget is about $130.  Always nice to spend less but if something is really worth it I'll buy it.  I currently have the DT770 250ohm with the FiO E10 and like it fairly well for being a closed headphone (live in a dorm so couldn't get open phones).  Open to any suggestions and would like something that is well built and will last for a few years.  I will also be powering with a phone so I can't have anything that is power hungry.
Thanks

Jan 21, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #2,532 of 5,364
Quote:
Oh, forgot to mention.
I`m listening to electronic music - trance (psy) and ambient (psy).
As for sound, i like bass and dislike treble. But still, balanced sound is what i want (if that makes sense)

Well, if you want bass, the Soundmagic PL30 is out. PL30's bass, while decent in quality, is quite recessed. I'm not sure what you mean by balanced and bassy, so I'm gonna assume that you want something that has good bass, but isn't lacking in mids and highs. I've tried the xb30ex once (for a minute or so) and it was way too bassy for me. So bassy that the mids felt quite muddy. I wouldn't call it 'balanced' in a longshot, nor would I recommend it for electronic music. I've never tried the third one on that list, so I can't say anything about it.
Meelectronics's products are considered good for electronic music, but I cannot really help you beyond that. All I can say is that the PL30 and the xb30ex are not what you're looking for. I've tried the Soundmagic e10, which are quite good because while having a decent bass, the mid's are not muddy. They're what I think you are referring to as bassy but balanced. Also look at the VSonic GR99 and GR02 Bass Edition. But it'd be better if some experienced HeadFi-er answers your question.

Jan 21, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #2,533 of 5,364
Hi all

First post here, after a bit of reading. Forum looks well used and have a lot of good content.
I'm looking for a set of on-ear head phones for used in the office and at home for portable player and tablet use.
I'll be using them for a whole range of music and films on the tablet etc.

Please can you recommend some on-ear head phones in the sub £100 bracket.
Online I've been looking at the Audio Technica ATH-ES55, however, they don't have the one sided cable which I would quite like.
Thanks

Jan 21, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #2,535 of 5,364
Hello I am trying to buy a on-ear portable headphone that is comfortable and around 100-160ish. I listen to pretty much all genre. I like my sound to be balanced. My favorite earphone I have is the klipsch x7i. I am thinking about getting the Logitech ue 4000 but not too sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back