Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Jan 12, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #2,401 of 5,364
Quote:
Anyone knows of good IEMs that I can use as an alternative to full-sized headphones for the times when I can't drag them around? Anything with clear and fun sound for $20-$50 will do.

The ones I've stumbled onto so far are Nuforce NE770X. Are they any good? or would you recommend different ones for the price?

Also, I'd like to ad that I listen to various genres, from rock and metal through Jazz and classical music, but the most prominent is electronic music, mainly electroswing.

Jan 12, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #2,402 of 5,364
im looking to buy a new pair of iems ive been using meelectronics m9's and for a cheap pair i think they sound pretty good considering the price tag but i want to upgrade plus they are starting to bother my ears

i would prefer to spend no more then 80 dollars but can go up to 100 i need them to be comfortable ive had problems with finding the right tips in the past and just problems in general with iems i have small ears so im sensitive..

type of music i listen to is metal/rock mostly some rap but not often

if you need to know anymore info from me please ask

would like to hear as many recommendations as possible so i can compare.....please be strict to my dollar amount cant really go higher and also dont want to have to get an amp for them so they have to be good in every aspect as is

thank you

Jan 12, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #2,403 of 5,364
Hi Head-Fi!

I am looking for some new IEM's, I my previous IEM's were the Klipsch image S4a but they broke and I wasn't completely satisfied with them, mainly because the treble was too sharp/hars, I am Dutch so I have a little trouble describing in english what exactly I mean but I'll do the best I can.
I'll be listening to them with my Samsung Galaxy S3, mainly via Spotify at 320 kbit/s so they should be compatible and sound good with this.
The music I listen to is very varied, from artists like Jack johnson to club/house music. I work at a bar/club so I want to be able to listen to the music we play there and have it sound great while other genres also sound great. Basically a very versatile pair of IEM's.
I have looked through this forum and the Rock-It Sounds R-50 seem a great choice but the Head-Direct RE-0/ZERO also seem like good alternatives. This is also about the kind of money I want to spend, however if it's realy worth it I could go a bit higher.
I use my IEM's a lot while riding my bicycle or even running, so they should be comfortable and stay in my ears well, also I'd like them to have good isolation.
I really hope you guys can give me good advice on what to buy and if you have any questions please ask me!
Thanks!

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #2,404 of 5,364
Hey !
I've been having some unusual troubles with my Xears XE200 PRO, generally it's the left or the right that makes no sound anymore and here the two do have sound but I only here the instrumental and not the voice or not all the lyrics. It never happened to me before with other IEMs. What do you think it can be?

Thank you !

Jan 13, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #2,407 of 5,364
I am looking for a pair of iems that have a mic to use with my Galaxy S3. I mostly listen to hip hop/rnb/dubstep and currently use the Brainwavz M2's since I like bass. Are any of these a good replacement? Anything for no more than £120

Meelectronics A161P - Love the look of these
Phonak Audeo 122
Etymotic HF2 - I hear these are lacking in the bass department though
Klipsch Image X10i
Monster Turbines
Meelectronics CC51p
Brainwavz M5
Phonak Audeo 022

Thanks.

Jan 13, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #2,408 of 5,364
Quote:
Hello~

I'm looking for a low-budget IEM (<$35) but the following is my criteria for selection:

noise isolation (important): I will wear these in areas ranging from places with minimal talking and background noise to buses, and occasionally airplanes.

minimal microphonics (important): I had Skullcandy Titans (I'm done with Skullcandy; definitely hyped) but the thumping whenever I brushed against the cord annoyed me.

comfort (important)

mic (preferred, but optional)

"balanced" audio (optional): I don't listen to music at loud levels, and the types of music I listen to varies from classical, movie soundtracks, classic rock, and alt rock - but I don't think an exaggerated bass or treble will improve my listening experience. The other criteria definitely trumps this one since I'm fairly easily satisfied audio-wise.

I don't expect a perfect solution with my tight budget, but it's been a little difficult researching on my own since it seems like this forum appreciates superior audio quality a lot more than I do in terms of monetary value. (I guess I'm just an audio noob =P )

Thank you in advance for your help!

You might want to check out the MEElectronics CW31.  I just got mine for $25 from Amazon.  Very comfortable, good soundstage for the price.  I use them at work and home for classical and jazz.

JJ

Jan 13, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #2,409 of 5,364
Quote:
I'm looking for something to replace a pair of klipsch s4s. Up to $100. Any suggestions?

I think another great earphone in the <= $100 range would be the Shure SE215. I was searching for an earphone in that price range myself for Christmas gifts and from what I've read, the S4 has more treble sparkle, but the SE215's have a better midrange and detail retrieval. One thing about the SE215 is that the cable wraps around your ears and that is how you have to wear it due to the shape of the earphone itself. The S4 is a more conventional "just put it in your ear" kind of earphone.

Jan 13, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #2,410 of 5,364
Hey guys!

I'm looking for some budget earbuds around $40-50.
I currently own the JVC Marshmellows which were good but my pair is starting to break so I'm looking for an upgrade.
I listen to bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for my Valentine, Disturbed,etc.
I want good bass and noise canceling.
So far I've been looking at the Brainwavz M1, Brainwavz R1 and the SoundMagic E10.
Does anyone have any opinions on these or other earbuds in the $40-$50 price range?
Thanks!

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #2,411 of 5,364
Hello My birthday is in 3 weeks and i pursuit my parents to buy be a pair of headphones. I will use them to listen to music, TV ( cinema mode) etc. I like a full size headphone, to cover my ear, and so to be comfortable, also when i walk down the street or waiting in a bus station i do not want to hear others conversation. In my country there is not such a variety of headphones, but i want to buy them from the internet. So what will you suggest me?
PS: i need something lightweight, within 100-270$

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #2,412 of 5,364
Quote:
im looking to buy a new pair of iems ive been using meelectronics m9's and for a cheap pair i think they sound pretty good considering the price tag but i want to upgrade plus they are starting to bother my ears

i would prefer to spend no more then 80 dollars but can go up to 100 i need them to be comfortable ive had problems with finding the right tips in the past and just problems in general with iems i have small ears so im sensitive..

type of music i listen to is metal/rock mostly some rap but not often

if you need to know anymore info from me please ask

would like to hear as many recommendations as possible so i can compare.....please be strict to my dollar amount cant really go higher and also dont want to have to get an amp for them so they have to be good in every aspect as is

thank you

I can recommend UE700, a lot of people here also like Klipsch X10 - they both are very versatile across all genre

Quote:

Also, I'd like to ad that I listen to various genres, from rock and metal through Jazz and classical music, but the most prominent is electronic music, mainly electroswing.

JVC S500 will be perfect for you

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #2,413 of 5,364
Quote:
I'm looking for something to replace a pair of klipsch s4s. Up to $100. Any suggestions?

UE700 would be prefect for you too, Amazon is selling them for under $100 if I am not mistaken

Quote:
Hi Head-Fi!

I am looking for some new IEM's, I my previous IEM's were the Klipsch image S4a but they broke and I wasn't completely satisfied with them, mainly because the treble was too sharp/hars, I am Dutch so I have a little trouble describing in english what exactly I mean but I'll do the best I can.
I'll be listening to them with my Samsung Galaxy S3, mainly via Spotify at 320 kbit/s so they should be compatible and sound good with this.
The music I listen to is very varied, from artists like Jack johnson to club/house music. I work at a bar/club so I want to be able to listen to the music we play there and have it sound great while other genres also sound great. Basically a very versatile pair of IEM's.
I have looked through this forum and the Rock-It Sounds R-50 seem a great choice but the Head-Direct RE-0/ZERO also seem like good alternatives. This is also about the kind of money I want to spend, however if it's realy worth it I could go a bit higher.
I use my IEM's a lot while riding my bicycle or even running, so they should be comfortable and stay in my ears well, also I'd like them to have good isolation.
I really hope you guys can give me good advice on what to buy and if you have any questions please ask me!
Thanks!

Consider UE700 - this will be perfect to satisfy all of your criteria, very small, excellent isolation and comfort level is superb

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #2,414 of 5,364
Quote:
Hello My birthday is in 3 weeks and i pursuit my parents to buy be a pair of headphones. I will use them to listen to music, TV ( cinema mode) etc. I like a full size headphone, to cover my ear, and so to be comfortable, also when i walk down the street or waiting in a bus station i do not want to hear others conversation. In my country there is not such a variety of headphones, but i want to buy them from the internet. So what will you suggest me?

Sennheiser HD25

Quote:
Hey guys!

I currently own the JVC Marshmellows which were good but my pair is starting to break so I'm looking for an upgrade.
I listen to bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for my Valentine, Disturbed,etc.
So far I've been looking at the Brainwavz M1, Brainwavz R1 and the SoundMagic E10.
Does anyone have any opinions on these or other earbuds in the $40-$50 price range?
Thanks!

Consider these 3 Brainwavz models - M4, M5, and R1

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #2,415 of 5,364
To many below, welcome to head-fi!

Quote:

With small ears you may want to stick with IEMs that have narrow tubes.  The Etymotics have the narrowest tubes, and the Shures also.  You can try the MC5 or HF5 but be warned that bass is "flat".  Shure SE215 seems to be the most commonly recommended IEM in this thread!

Quote:

Did you know English has its origins in Dutch?  So just write to us in Dutch. :)  Sorry, no experience with the S4a, but for active use you may want something that fits securely over the ear.  In Europe XEARS seems to have a good line up. 

Quote:
I need 50$ IEMs with good isolation, comfort and soundstage (yeah, i know) for gaiming. I know closed cans are better but i can't wear them.

In the IEM world good isolation and soundstage in the same unit also comes with a high price tag! You may want to up your budget to $100.  Brainwavz Beta has a pretty good soundstage, not so good isolation, and are regularly <$20.

Quote:

If you like the JVC sound why not move up to something like the HA-FX40 for about $20.  It has great bass, and I like them with heavier music

Quote:

You can get the Sony MDR-ZX700 or DR-ZX701ip just about anywhere in the world!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back