Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Nov 10, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #1,261 of 5,364
Quote:
I'll research the Sony MH1C more, but as for the PortaPro and PX100 (I've come across both of these recently), I'd like to stay away from headband models as I need to be able to just tuck them in my pocket when we're done running and are moving on to something else.

I bought a sony mh1c cause I was intrigued by the statements of reviewers here in headfi. Some said it rivals that of $300 dollar items so definite interest.

Nov 10, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #1,262 of 5,364
TwinQY said:
Where are you located? If you were in Canada, I would have suggested the XBA-3 for sale at $119 at Future Shop, but seems they got sold out already (damn you hype thread for letting everyone know about these!).

Oops, sorry about that. Man, they rock though :)

Nov 10, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #1,263 of 5,364
I bought a sony mh1c cause I was intrigued by the statements of reviewers here in headfi. Some said it rivals that of $300 dollar items so definite interest.

You are wise. Mine are getting a bit more burn in, but it is obvious that they are really good. Rivalling a $300 iem I'm not sure about, but amazing for the price... definitely.

Nov 10, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #1,264 of 5,364
BTW, we really need some more people helping out...

I agree! We will have to start recruiting I guess..

mlm-recruiting-tips.jpeg

Nov 10, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #1,265 of 5,364
Quote:
Oops, sorry about that. Man, they rock though :)

Ahh, I wouldn't mind so much if I hadn't sold mine already. Was planning to buy them again, and what do you know, they got cleared out in hours 
frown.gif

Quote:

Err, I wouldn't know about that. I mean, they're good, that's for sure. Competes with $50 stuff, definitely. $100 stuff...pushing it, but still a maybe. A good amount of stuff beyond that would beat them out (Etys, VSonics, etc)

Nov 10, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #1,267 of 5,364
Hey guys , i seek advice..

So im looking to buy headphones for music\movies use only , they will be used at home and work 
and outside so they have to be durable and decent- good looking. 
i hear every kind of music such as electro,rock,jazz,dubstep,classis rock , every genre there is that wasnt even stated here.
Im using an iphone so i would like the headphones to be iphone compatible with controls.
my price range is about 100-120$ and i was wandering between the AKG Q460 , PioneerHDJ500 (both with detchable cables which can defintely help )
and the AKG K518LE , which one has the best sound quality and worth every dollar of the three and which would be most suitable for my uses and durable?
Open for other suggestions also.

Hoping to get an answer..thank you very much.

Nov 10, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #1,268 of 5,364
Hi Guys! Need Advice :)

I need to find an IEM with around 100$-120$ Budget.
Must be good looking and has an over the ear design. I'm a basshead so the better the bass, the better the fun :)

Im interested in Shure SE215 Limited Edition (still dont have an Idea where to purchase one so I need help here also) and a Westone UM1 Limited Edition...

So which one of the two is better, bassier and more fun sounding? Or do you have any other recommendations too?

Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

Nov 10, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #1,269 of 5,364
I'm looking for an earphone for someone.

(In order of preference)
Cable: flat cable (I dunno why, that's what he really wants)
Microphone: yes (compatible with iPhone 4S)
Comfort: comfortable (he uses the stock iBuds and they fall out)
Budget: preferably < $50, but willing to go to $100
Sound quality: "decent" (he listens to a lot of R&B/contemporary R&B, jazz/smooth jazz, male vocal songs in general, and some modern pop songs)

I was thinking of something from MEElectronics, but they don't have flat cables, and he addressed that specifically. -.-

Nov 10, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #1,270 of 5,364
Quote:
I'm looking for an earphone for someone.

(In order of preference)
Cable: flat cable (I dunno why, that's what he really wants)
Microphone: yes (compatible with iPhone 4S)
Comfort: comfortable (he uses the stock iBuds and they fall out)
Budget: preferably < $50, but willing to go to $100
Sound quality: "decent" (he listens to a lot of R&B/contemporary R&B, jazz/smooth jazz, male vocal songs in general, and some modern pop songs)

I was thinking of something from MEElectronics, but they don't have flat cables, and he addressed that specifically. -.-

These get recommended too much, but the Sony MH1C is pretty much perfect. Flat cable with mic, smooth warm sound that's fantastic for his genres. Way under his budget as well, but these have performance around that price range. 

Nov 10, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #1,271 of 5,364
Quote:

These get recommended too much, but the Sony MH1C is pretty much perfect. Flat cable with mic, smooth warm sound that's fantastic for his genres. Way under his budget as well, but these have performance around that price range. 

Wow that sounds great! Thank you so much for the recommendation! :)

Nov 10, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #1,272 of 5,364
For someone else:
(in order of preference from what I've heard him play)
  1. J-pop (especially female vocals)
  1. Anime soundtrack (J-pop?)
  1. piano/instrumental
  2. some non-mainstream hip hop (Shing02 or Nujabes)
  3. some J-rock (The Pillows)

My budget is around $200 USD (this will be a Christmas present).

Will be run with no dedicated amp, through an iPod Touch 2G and/or MacBook with some "meh" quality music files (< 320kbps).

This will be an "upgrade" from his iFrog Ear Pollution in-ear earphones.

A small size would also be nice since he stores them in a small, cylindrical plastic mints container. I'm not sure if that's a problem for earphones though.

Nov 10, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #1,273 of 5,364
Quote:
For someone else:
(in order of preference from what I've heard him play)
  1. J-pop (especially female vocals)
  1. Anime soundtrack (J-pop?)
  1. piano/instrumental
  2. some non-mainstream hip hop (Shing02 or Nujabes)
  3. some J-rock (The Pillows)

My budget is around $200 USD (this will be a Christmas present).

Will be run with no dedicated amp, through an iPod Touch 2G and/or MacBook with some "meh" quality music files (< 320kbps).

This will be an "upgrade" from his iFrog Ear Pollution in-ear earphones.

A small size would also be nice since he stores them in a small, cylindrical plastic mints container. I'm not sure if that's a problem for earphones though.

Genres stated sounds like the typical otaku's playlist (i.e. plenty of people I know). I usually tell them to get something warm and smooth. Definitely a laid-back or smooth treble is important for those kinds of music. Acid Jazz like Modal Soul or Metaphorical Music just sounds off when coming out of colder phones. Try the PFE122, W2, XBA-3, GR01. They are quite forgiving, and solid entry IEMs. Most IEMs, even customs, should fit in Altoid cans and the likes. 

Nov 10, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #1,274 of 5,364
Quote:

Genres stated sounds like the typical otaku's playlist (i.e. plenty of people I know). I usually tell them to get something warm and smooth. Definitely a laid-back or smooth treble is important for those kinds of music. Acid Jazz like Modal Soul or Metaphorical Music just sounds off when coming out of colder phones. Try the PFE122, W2, XBA-3, GR01. They are quite forgiving, and solid entry IEMs. Most IEMs, even customs, should fit in Altoid cans and the likes. 

Mmk, thanks again for the recommendations! Is the GR01 from Vsonic? I was eying the GR07 earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back