Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Jun 24, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #826 of 5,364
Quote:
Hi, I need recommendation on a pair of IEM, I want clarity of mids and highs, and some bass but not too much.

I want to hear clear vocals!

I also like RnB music.

Thanks

I'm in the range between $20-$100 for these earphones.

Thanks

Or SHE9700 if you want something even cheaper.

Jun 24, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #827 of 5,364
  1. $200 budget
  2. Purely used for the commute (loud trains and such)
  3. Only used 3-4 hours a day
  4. Choice of Music: Electronic (Trance/House/Techno)
  5. I'd like something with a strong bass but I'd like the rest to be good too. 
  6. I have some Atrio MG7's and I don't like the mid/highs
  7. IEM only please. No headphones

Jun 24, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #828 of 5,364
Quote:
  1. $200 budget
  2. Purely used for the commute (loud trains and such)
  3. Only used 3-4 hours a day
  4. Choice of Music: Electronic (Trance/House/Techno)
  5. I'd like something with a strong bass but I'd like the rest to be good too. 
  6. I have some Atrio MG7's and I don't like the mid/highs

These should fit the bill.

Sennheiser HD25-1 ii
Audio Technica ATH-M50
AIAIAI TMA-1
Denon AH-D1100

Jun 24, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #829 of 5,364
Quote:
These should fit the bill.

Sennheiser HD25-1 ii
Audio Technica ATH-M50
AIAIAI TMA-1
Denon AH-D1100

I probably should of mentioned IEM only. No headphones. I posted in the full ear subforum something similar but for my workplace. I was really considering the ATH-M50's or the HD25-1's. I'll have to look into the TMA-1's and AH-D1100s though. Thanks.

Jun 24, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #830 of 5,364
Quote:
I probably should of mentioned IEM only. No headphones. I posted in the full ear subforum something similar but for my workplace. I was really considering the ATH-M50's or the HD25-1's. I'll have to look into the TMA-1's and AH-D1100s though. Thanks.

Oh. Don't know much about IEMs. Good luck!

Jun 24, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #832 of 5,364
Quote:
No no it's fine. I appreciate your recommendation. Any reason I should consider the TMA-1 or the AH-D1100's over the other 2? I like how the ATH-M50's sound but I'm a bit curious about the HD25-1. 

Portability, mainly. I actually haven't heard any of these headphones, but I did extensive (weeks upon weeks) research on Head-Fi while looking to buy my first decent pair of headphones before I settled on a pair of V-MODA V-80s (which are great, btw, but don't isolate well enough for loud train use). The M50s are highly recommended, but for portable use they are bulky and have a really long cord. The HD25s are smaller and isolate better at the expense of strong clamping force and comfort. The TMA-1s and D1100s are also often recommended and have great reviews all over Head-Fi. The main thing all these cans have in common is good, punchy bass while still maintaining good clarity on the other frequencies, which I think would be good for the genres of music you listed. Out of the 4, I'm most interested in the HD25 with the TMA-1s in a close second. For portable cans, I take aesthetics into consideration since they'll be used in public, hence my choice of the V-MODAs.

Jun 24, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #833 of 5,364
Jun 24, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #834 of 5,364
Alright. My budget is $120CDN (Canadian dollars). My source is a Sony Walkman MP3 player Model# NWZ-S545, un-amped (although i might invest in a Fiio E7 for home use primarily and possibly portable use). I listen to all varieties of music with the least frequent being rap and hip hop and the most frequent being rock, metal, blues, orchestral, and soundtrack stuff. I'd prefer a more even, detailed sound. I am also investing in a pair of SRH940'2 from Shure if that helps better decribe my tastes.

Suggestions?

Jun 24, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #835 of 5,364
Quote:
Alright. My budget is $120CDN (Canadian dollars). My source is a Sony Walkman MP3 player Model# NWZ-S545, un-amped (although i might invest in a Fiio E7 for home use primarily and possibly portable use). I listen to all varieties of music with the least frequent being rap and hip hop and the most frequent being rock, metal, blues, orchestral, and soundtrack stuff. I'd prefer a more even, detailed sound. I am also investing in a pair of SRH940'2 from Shure if that helps better decribe my tastes.

Suggestions?

Monster Turbine pair well with my Sony Walkman, they're especially good for rap and hip hop, providing you like a fair amount of bass.

Jun 24, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #838 of 5,364
Hi everyone

I brought new HTC one x and looking for good earphones with Mic, so that I can use them for lisening music and talking on phone. I like apple earphones which are round unlike those which come in tube model.

My range is <=150$. I basically use them while i goto work, gym and cycling.

I live in US

Thank you

Jun 25, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #839 of 5,364
Quote:
Hi everyone
I brought new HTC one x and looking for good earphones with Mic, so that I can use them for lisening music and talking on phone. I like apple earphones which are round unlike those which come in tube model.
I live in US
Thank you

What type of music do you listen to?

Also, are you open to buying a mic that will clip on to your headphone cord or shirt?

Jun 25, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #840 of 5,364
Quote:
Hi everyone
I live in US
Thank you

What type of music do you listen to?

Also, are you open to buying a mic that will clip on to your headphone cord or shirt?

I listen to pop music not heavy metal or hard rock.

Ya I would love to clip the headphone cord or shirt

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back