Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Jun 20, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #811 of 5,364
Quote:
My pair of Klipsch S4i's have decided to give up on me, and I'm hesitant to purchase another pair, as I expect that flimsy cable would do the same thing again, so I'm looking at other options around this price range. Unfortunately, while I appreciate that it greatly restricts my choices, a remote and mic is an essential for me, since I'll be using them with my iPhone, and want to be able to take calls and change tracks while cycling.

I enjoyed the Klipsches for their bass response, though with my next purchase I might like something a little more balanced if possible (though I confess, I'm hardly an audiophile). Of some consideration would be noise isolation, but this can I suppose be rectified with third party tips.

When I bought my last pair, I was considering the Etymotic hf2 as a possible alternative, and these are back on my list of considerations again, as I understand they might give me the more balanced sound I'm looking for (perhaps too much so though?). The Sennheiser CX880i's and Compy NR-10s are also on my list of possibilities.

My music tastes are mainly electronica, trip-hop, 2-step, and ambient.

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)

I just recommended this ^ but I'll recommend it again - ATH-CKM500/i (has mic and volume rocker models for i devices).
-I'm quite positive it would be an upgrade from your s4s and would do quite well for your music tastes. If you have time, be sure to check it out (on eBay for instance)! 
wink.gif

Jun 23, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #812 of 5,364
I recently got a deal of Sennheiser PX200-II for 55$ and I bought them, was it a good deal? Did I make a good choice? Are there better sounding alternatives for the price? Sorry I'm just not sure it was the right decision ^^" (I didn't get them yet, it's an order).

Jun 23, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #813 of 5,364
Quote:
I recently got a deal of Sennheiser PX200-II for 55$ and I bought them, was it a good deal? Did I make a good choice? Are there better sounding alternatives for the price? Sorry I'm just not sure it was the right decision ^^" (I didn't get them yet, it's an order).

It is a good deal. Depends on your musical taste, I have to be honest and say I don't remember what it sounded like, but I remember they were good and they sell for much more than that

Jun 23, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #814 of 5,364
Quote:

It is a good deal. Depends on your musical taste, I have to be honest and say I don't remember what it sounded like, but I remember they were good and they sell for much more than that

Thanks for the reply :) I listen to rock, metal, jazz and classical mainly. I heard with the PX200 and PX100-II on a store and I liked the sound and I heard these sound better, and yea the MSRP is 90$.

Jun 23, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #815 of 5,364
Hi guys, new to audio in general, after reading tons of reviews i bought myself a nice Alessandro MS-1, i love them, except that they are pretty useless outside my house, the open back design isn't really friendly outdoors, so i started looking at IEMs and more portable stuff. I currently have these cheep sennheiser earbuds, cant remember the models but they are quite boring and such. I was looking at the Thinksound Rain, but being new at the whole IEM game i'm unsure of what i really should get. So here are the basics:

Needs good isolation (train, annoyingly loud people on their phones)
I listen to rock, hard rock, metal (basically: distorted guitars)
I'm a student, so that pins my budget around 50-70 dollars? I guess i could save up more if it's worth it.
Also, note that i live in Istanbul, i'm probably going to have to spend a good amount of money for overpriced shipping :frowning2:

That's basically it, thanks!

EDIT: forgot to add, i listen to music off my ipod touch, no amps.

Jun 23, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #816 of 5,364
Quote:
Hi guys, new to audio in general, after reading tons of reviews i bought myself a nice Alessandro MS-1, i love them, except that they are pretty useless outside my house, the open back design isn't really friendly outdoors, so i started looking at IEMs and more portable stuff. I currently have these cheep sennheiser earbuds, cant remember the models but they are quite boring and such. I was looking at the Thinksound Rain, but being new at the whole IEM game i'm unsure of what i really should get. So here are the basics:

Needs good isolation (train, annoyingly loud people on their phones)
I listen to rock, hard rock, metal (basically: distorted guitars)
I'm a student, so that pins my budget around 50-70 dollars? I guess i could save up more if it's worth it.
Also, note that i live in Istanbul, i'm probably going to have to spend a good amount of money for overpriced shipping :frowning2:

That's basically it, thanks!

Hi. For distortion guitars, I haven't heard anything that does better than the Vsonic GR06 at that price range. You can get them shipped free to you from an authorised reseller for <$70.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vsonic-GR06-/320931160618?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item4ab8fce22a#ht_970wt_1270

Jun 23, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #817 of 5,364
Hey everyone I am looking for a portable headphone to use mainly listening to music using my iPhone and also sometimes movies on my iPad. I listen mainly to some alternative, rock, indie, etc. Occasionally listen to some hip hop but not a bass head by any means. I have my eyes on the B&W P3 but I keep reading reviews that lead me to believe there are better headphones out there for the money. These will be pretty much strictly used on the go since I currently have Sennheiser HD428s that I use at home, I have tried using them on the go occasionally, but they are just too bulky. 

Jun 24, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #818 of 5,364
Hey there.

New to head-fi and just wanted to compliment everyone on a great site.

Now for my question. I'm looking for some IEM's in the 60 to 130 dollar price range. I listen mostly to hip hop, so some bass is definately needed, but it shouldn't be too overpowering. The last set I used were the Hippo VB's, which I really liked, but they have broken down, so now I'm looking for something new.

The Vsonic gr06 have caught my eye (will probably buy them anyway, because of the price) as well as the ATH-CKM500, but I couldn't really find a good thread on hip hop suitable IEM's, so I wondered if there's anything out there better than those two sets. I use a Cowon J3 as my primary player.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jun 24, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #819 of 5,364
Quote:
Hey there.

New to head-fi and just wanted to compliment everyone on a great site.

Now for my question. I'm looking for some IEM's in the 60 to 130 dollar price range. I listen mostly to hip hop, so some bass is definately needed, but it shouldn't be too overpowering. The last set I used were the Hippo VB's, which I really liked, but they have broken down, so now I'm looking for something new.

The Vsonic gr06 have caught my eye (will probably buy them anyway, because of the price) as well as the ATH-CKM500, but I couldn't really find a good thread on hip hop suitable IEM's, so I wondered if there's anything out there better than those two sets. I use a Cowon J3 as my primary player.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Another one to check out is the Atrio M5. If the coupon code is still working, they're $109 shipped to the states.

Jun 24, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #821 of 5,364
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion, but seems a bit mediocre in reviews.

Two more sets that have my attention are Yamaha-EP100 and JVC HA-FXT90. Would those lend themselves well to hip hop?

Hi. The EPH-100 would be great  for hip hop, much better than the fxt90. You have to be sure though that you're not sensitive to vacuum seals

Jun 24, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #823 of 5,364
Hi, I need recommendation on a pair of IEM, I want clarity of mids and highs, and some bass but not too much.

I want to hear clear vocals!

I also like RnB music.

Thanks

I'm in the range between $20-$100 for these earphones.

Thanks

Jun 24, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #825 of 5,364
Quote:
Hi, I need recommendation on a pair of IEM, I want clarity of mids and highs, and some bass but not too much.

I want to hear clear vocals!

I also like RnB music.

Thanks

I'm in the range between $20-$100 for these earphones.

Thanks

HiFiMan RE0 / PFE012 + grey filters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back