Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Jun 14, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #796 of 5,364
This is why I hate when forums dont allow to open new threads....all you get is a bunch of people asking for advice and nobody answering...lame.

Jun 14, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #797 of 5,364
This is why I hate when forums dont allow to open new threads....all you get is a bunch of people asking for advice and nobody answering...lame.

I have never read that rule.

Start a new topic, and ask your question.

That's the way it works, as far as I know...

Jim

PS The only reason I am answering this post is because I saw it as a most recent response to a thread that has grown too large to read.

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #798 of 5,364
Quote:
Hello all!
I was set on buying the Hippo VB but finding them is hard and based on my research it seems the MEElectronics Sp51 offers the same performance and a lower price. Am I on the right track? I do not mind saving money and I just need something better than the crappy skullcandy ones.

Regards 
I saw one on Ebay but the description and pictures seems fishy.
Title says SP51 then photos are NOT showing SP51 and the description lists a second model which is the photo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390412378076#ht_2992wt_1161

shaolin,

The Meelec sp51 only use the same housings as the Hippo VB's; the drivers are different, so they will not sound the same. Hippo VB's are not that hard to find; go to Jaben online store. Also look on the FS threads here; I just sold my pair of Hippo VB's to another member. That said, if all you need is "something better than the crappy skullcandy ones," then just about any IEM you will read about on Head-fi is good enough. It's a pretty easy expectation to meet and you won't be disappointed.

Also, I'm sorry you feel that this thread has not been helpful. Good luck.

Very best,

Jun 15, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #799 of 5,364
Good evening!

Yet again I need advice from experts. At the moments I'm doing a little research on which earphones or iems to buy.

My budget is kinda flexible, I would prefer to spend less if its possible, but if the product is worth the money, I would be more than happy to pay around 200$.

What kind of music do I listen? Alot of... perhaps the genre is alternative?
Well alot of Gravenhurst. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYbkVrVXjEc

I would like to find a product that has a quality build (will not fall apart, cord wont break)
is comfortable (often I listen to music before going to bed, earphones that dont hurt your ears when laying on a pillow would be awesome)

I hope there's enough information to find something.

Ah yes, while browsing countless threads here, I spent alot of time reading this thread
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-242-iems-compared-vsonic-gr99-gr02-bass-edition-added-06-11-12#post_6492057

And the following products seemed promising: Yet I have no idea how good they actually are.

sony mdr-ex600
vsonic gr06
audeo phonak perfect bass
soundmagic pl50
klipsch image x10 / x10i

So cheers to all head-fi users and esp to those who can take the time to help me out :)

Jun 16, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #800 of 5,364
My pair of Klipsch S4i's have decided to give up on me, and I'm hesitant to purchase another pair, as I expect that flimsy cable would do the same thing again, so I'm looking at other options around this price range. Unfortunately, while I appreciate that it greatly restricts my choices, a remote and mic is an essential for me, since I'll be using them with my iPhone, and want to be able to take calls and change tracks while cycling.

I enjoyed the Klipsches for their bass response, though with my next purchase I might like something a little more balanced if possible (though I confess, I'm hardly an audiophile). Of some consideration would be noise isolation, but this can I suppose be rectified with third party tips.

When I bought my last pair, I was considering the Etymotic hf2 as a possible alternative, and these are back on my list of considerations again, as I understand they might give me the more balanced sound I'm looking for (perhaps too much so though?). The Sennheiser CX880i's and Compy NR-10s are also on my list of possibilities.

My music tastes are mainly electronica, trip-hop, 2-step, and ambient.

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)

Jun 17, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #801 of 5,364
I heard some V-Moda M80s briefly at the Microsoft store and walked away very impressed with the soundstage. My M50s (my favorite cans at the moment) leave me claustrophobic in comparison. I'm considering getting some new, more portable closed headphones. Soundstage and mids are what I want to improve on. I'd get the M80s but I'm afraid the bass might be a bit much for me. Can anyone throw out any other recommendations under $200 for me to research?

Jun 17, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #802 of 5,364
Quote:
I heard some V-Moda M80s briefly at the Microsoft store and walked away very impressed with the soundstage. My M50s (my favorite cans at the moment) leave me claustrophobic in comparison. I'm considering getting some new, more portable closed headphones. Soundstage and mids are what I want to improve on. I'd get the M80s but I'm afraid the bass might be a bit much for me. Can anyone throw out any other recommendations under $200 for me to research?

Sennheiser HD-25-1 II

Jun 18, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #804 of 5,364
Hi I already made a thread but nobody is replying :frowning2: so I'm gonna try to post here.

I bought a pair of UE-10 pro customs a while ago and I'm now confused if I should have it reshelled or sell it back.

Basically here would be my estimated costs -$50 impressions
-$200 Fisher Audio InEarz Reshelling w/ artwork/shipping/rush/tax since I live in FL (rough estimate)
-$250 UE-10 w/ two cases
TOTAL $500.

Now I'm wondering if I can get a just as superior custom IEM that's new for $500. It will be around $450 because I still have to pay for impressions at $50. Am I better off with the UE-10 reshelled or should I sell it and get a new pair for $450? If so, which would give me just as superior sound quality as the UE-10's?

Jun 18, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #805 of 5,364
Hi  ...^_^ 
I want to buy new headphone ... and my budget is 250$ to 350$ 
what do you recommend me to buy ?
which one is better : Grado SR325is , Sennheiser HD-600 or V-MODA Crossfade M-80 ??
or there is somthing better ?!!

pleases help me :)  & sorry for my bad english 
blink.gif
 :D

Jun 18, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #806 of 5,364
Those are very different headphones. They're all full-sized, the HD600 at least will absolutely need an amp and the others might. Also the HD600 and the 325 are open, while the M80s are closed.
Try posting here, include what your musical preferences are, wether you have any other gear (amp, DAC) and where you'll be using them.

Jun 18, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #807 of 5,364
My budget: ~$75-150 (Preferrably sub-$75)

Genres: Everything, so my preferred sound signature is much like the ATH-M50's - well extended treble, textured bass quality, but not too much punch, recessed mids (not a must-have, other two are). So, V-shaped or relatively neutral with good treble and bass extension. Preferrably very reminiscent of the M50.

Type: IEM, not interested in circumaurals right now; travelling a lot.

Source: Driving these out of a 3GS/Nano 3G *ouch, I know*, but it'll be lined out to a FiiO E5/E6.

--- I know Head-Direct's RE0 seems to fit my taste but I've tried it before and it was too bland. Also, I've read there just is no punch. I need just a little punch in the low end, but not too much as to veil the mids. I've also been looking into the ATH-CKM50 and CKM99, any word on those two?

The CKM50 is the one I'm heavily considering right now; the only thing holding me back is availability. I found one for $20, but it's white. I'm not too big a fan of white earphones; they're reminiscent of Apple buds; I think it exudes cheapness more often than not

Jun 19, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #809 of 5,364
Quote:
Those are very different headphones. They're all full-sized, the HD600 at least will absolutely need an amp and the others might. Also the HD600 and the 325 are open, while the M80s are closed.
Try posting here, include what your musical preferences are, wether you have any other gear (amp, DAC) and where you'll be using them.

thank you man ... 
i will try post there ... ^_^ sorry

Jun 20, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #810 of 5,364
Quote:
My budget: ~$75-150 (Preferrably sub-$75)

Genres: Everything, so my preferred sound signature is much like the ATH-M50's - well extended treble, textured bass quality, but not too much punch, recessed mids (not a must-have, other two are). So, V-shaped or relatively neutral with good treble and bass extension. Preferrably very reminiscent of the M50.

Type: IEM, not interested in circumaurals right now; travelling a lot.

Source: Driving these out of a 3GS/Nano 3G *ouch, I know*, but it'll be lined out to a FiiO E5/E6.

--- I know Head-Direct's RE0 seems to fit my taste but I've tried it before and it was too bland. Also, I've read there just is no punch. I need just a little punch in the low end, but not too much as to veil the mids. I've also been looking into the ATH-CKM50 and CKM99, any word on those two?

The CKM50 is the one I'm heavily considering right now; the only thing holding me back is availability. I found one for $20, but it's white. I'm not too big a fan of white earphones; they're reminiscent of Apple buds; I think it exudes cheapness more often than not

I'm no expert, but if you're considering CKM50s then you should definitely check out the new CKM500s. Sure, they're more expensive but I'm confident it'd be worth it. They also come in various colours. I'm going to get them myself very soon. check out this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/607006/the-new-ath-ckm500-the-best-ckm-earphone-yet

Hope this helps 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back