Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Mar 6, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #181 of 5,364
I am considering getting a new pair of headphones/IEMs soon.Budget is around 150 $ ( preferably 100$)
I listen to all kinds of music really except jazz
I want to get something that has a good bass impact but does not impact the mids ....

Was looking at the Westone 1, Shure SE215, V-Moda M80, HiFiMan Re0 and HiFiMan Re-Zero
Also to be noted is that i will not be buying an amp and will be using them with my Sony NW-HD5 or SGSII /iPhone 3G
Please Help

Mar 6, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #182 of 5,364
Hmm... I don't think I've heard any full sized cans compared to the RE262s, but someone in another thread asked the opposite question about his Audio-Technica ESW9s, and people recommended the RE-262s, so maybe those are worth a shot. Also, it might be worth your while to post in ljokerl's thread, as he's heard the RE262s and a lot of portable cans besides.

Thanks 50an6xy06r6n, you are a legend! :D

Mar 6, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #183 of 5,364
Hi, I want to buy some in-ear headphones but I don't know which brand and type is better for me.

I always have my headphones playing. I'm listening to rap, club, trance, house, dubstep music. I love the bass and the clarity, quality of sound. For the budget, I would prefere to pay under 250$. I bought some 50$ panasonic in-ear headphones and after 2 months the sound was crappy.

Hope you guys could help me.
Thanks
Ben.

Mar 6, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #184 of 5,364
Looking to spend around $55 or less on earbuds or headphones that can be easily driven from most anything and produce some nice bass for dubstep and electronic music. This is for a gift for a friend. Anyone know how the NE-770X's are for bass extension/quantity? I love my NE-700's, but the 770's are cheaper and slightly different

Mar 6, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #185 of 5,364

Quote:

Which IEM do you suggest after using Audio Technica CKS70

Hey guys,

Around 3 years i am using the Audio Technica cks70 iem. And i am very happy with its sound.

But now i want to use a better iem and waiting for your valuable suggestions...

Thanks..

I'm not familiar with the CKS70s, so could you describe what parts of the sound you like? Also, what kind of music do you generally listen to?

Quote:
Can the mic on the a-Jays four actually cost $30?...

Lol... It's always just a way to make more money from the consumers. The real question is, are you willing to pay $30 for that mic? Also, I'm not sure if there might be other differences as well.

Quote:
I am considering getting a new pair of headphones/IEMs soon.Budget is around 150 $ ( preferably 100$)
I listen to all kinds of music really except jazz
I want to get something that has a good bass impact but does not impact the mids ....

Was looking at the Westone 1, Shure SE215, V-Moda M80, HiFiMan Re0 and HiFiMan Re-Zero
Also to be noted is that i will not be buying an amp and will be using them with my Sony NW-HD5 or SGSII /iPhone 3G
Please Help

Are you looking for IEMs or on-ear portables? I notice you've listed some of both in your list. As far as on-ears go, the M80s are a very solid choice, but also perhaps check out the HD25-1s. For IEMs, the RE0s have a more analytical sound signature, which means they may not have the bass impact you're looking for. The SE215 will probably be better for that, but also check out the Atrio MG7 (for more bass), JVC FXT90, etc. For a mor complete selection, check out ljokerl's massive review thread, which is immensely helpful for IEM buyers.

Quote:
Thanks 50an6xy06r6n, you are a legend!
biggrin.gif

I don't know about that...

Quote:
Hi, I want to buy some in-ear headphones but I don't know which brand and type is better for me.

I always have my headphones playing. I'm listening to rap, club, trance, house, dubstep music. I love the bass and the clarity, quality of sound. For the budget, I would prefere to pay under 250$. I bought some 50$ panasonic in-ear headphones and after 2 months the sound was crappy.

Hope you guys could help me.
Thanks
Ben.

The Atrio MG7s are a popular choice for a lot of bass without sacrificing clarity, and are on sale for 50% off atm.

Quote:
Looking to spend around $55 or less on earbuds or headphones that can be easily driven from most anything and produce some nice bass for dubstep and electronic music. This is for a gift for a friend. Anyone know how the NE-770X's are for bass extension/quantity? I love my NE-700's, but the 770's are cheaper and slightly different

I don't know a ton about the NE-770s, but also check out other options like the Brainwavz M2 and cheaper options like the Soundmagic E10 and DUNU Trident. Again, I can't recommend ljokerl's thread enough as a resource for feeling out the IEM market.

Mar 6, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #187 of 5,364

Quote:
Are you looking for IEMs or on-ear portables? I notice you've listed some of both in your list. As far as on-ears go, the M80s are a very solid choice, but also perhaps check out the HD25-1s. For IEMs, the RE0s have a more analytical sound signature, which means they may not have the bass impact you're looking for. The SE215 will probably be better for that, but also check out the Atrio MG7 (for more bass), JVC FXT90, etc. For a mor complete selection, check out ljokerl's massive review thread, which is immensely helpful for IEM buyers.

I just want the best possible sound quality in my budget ....i don't really have choice between on-ear and IEM

The Atrio MG7s are a popular choice for a lot of bass without sacrificing clarity, and are on sale for 50% off atm.

Where ?

Mar 6, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #188 of 5,364
Which one of those would give an unknowledgeable person a really good impression?

Quote:
I don't know a ton about the NE-770s, but also check out other options like the Brainwavz M2 and cheaper options like the Soundmagic E10 and DUNU Trident. Again, I can't recommend ljokerl's thread enough as a resource for feeling out the IEM market.

Mar 6, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #189 of 5,364
Update: I just got the M-80's today and what should i say... they are awesome. From the moment i cut the red ribbon on the packing until about 30 minutes ago when i placed them back into their cosy little exoskeleton i felt like these will be my beloved new travel companions. Thank you all for helping me making that decision :)

Mar 7, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #190 of 5,364

Hey guys,

Around 3 years i am using the Audio Technica cks70 iem. And i am very happy with its sound.(clear and deep bass - trebles are good too)

Mostly i am listening to dance, electronic, R&B. I can say that i more like the bassy sounds.
I can spend around 150 USD for the iem you will suggest.

Thanks..

Mar 7, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #191 of 5,364
Obviously their successor the CKS77. They're getting rave reviews from Dsnuts right now in the CKM50 thread...

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 7, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #192 of 5,364

Quote:
Where are they on sale? I may consider picking them up.

IIRC, there's some 50% off code on the Atrio website, and I think it still works. Go look through the deals threads for more details

Quote:
I just want the best possible sound quality in my budget ....i don't really have choice between on-ear and IEM

Where ?

Well, the on-ears might be able to deliver more bass impact just in terms of air moved, but in general, it's hard to recommend between two different types of headphone without taking into account usage preferences and such. I understand where you're coming from though. Have you had any other previous experiences with either on-ears or IEMs? In the meantime, I suggest you still check out those headphones and threads I mentioned.

Quote:
Which one of those would give an unknowledgeable person a really good impression?

Honestly, I can't tell you firsthand, since I've never personally handled any of them, but I'd say anything in this range should impress someone used to stock earbuds.

Quote:
Update: I just got the M-80's today and what should i say... they are awesome. From the moment i cut the red ribbon on the packing until about 30 minutes ago when i placed them back into their cosy little exoskeleton i felt like these will be my beloved new travel companions. Thank you all for helping me making that decision :)

Glad you're enjoying them!

Quote:

Hey guys,

Around 3 years i am using the Audio Technica cks70 iem. And i am very happy with its sound.(clear and deep bass - trebles are good too)

Mostly i am listening to dance, electronic, R&B. I can say that i more like the bassy sounds.
I can spend around 150 USD for the iem you will suggest.

Thanks..

I guess I'll point above and say take a look at the MG7s (once again). Though again, I highly recommend you check out ljokerl and Clieos' comparative review threads, which are amazing resources. Within IEMs there's both a wide range of sound signatures and subtle distinctions between different models that it's a little hard to compare things without established reference points, etc. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Mar 7, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #193 of 5,364

Quote:
Well, the on-ears might be able to deliver more bass impact just in terms of air moved, but in general, it's hard to recommend between two different types of headphone without taking into account usage preferences and such. I understand where you're coming from though. Have you had any other previous experiences with either on-ears or IEMs? In the meantime, I suggest you still check out those headphones and threads I mentioned.

I really had my heart set for the Atrio's but since i live in a country they can't ship to ( using the 50% coupon that is )
i don't think that is a possibility 
The thinking in i checked the comparison thread a million times but instead of getting a clear choice that i wanted i ended up being totally confused as to which one i would prefer

Mar 7, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #194 of 5,364

Quote:
I really had my heart set for the Atrio's but since i live in a country they can't ship to ( using the 50% coupon that is )
i don't think that is a possibility 
The thinking in i checked the comparison thread a million times but instead of getting a clear choice that i wanted i ended up being totally confused as to which one i would prefer

Well do you have a sound signature you're looking for? What kinds of music do you listen to? And again, what previous headphone experiences have you had and what did you think of them? Sorry to ask so many questions, but it's hard to recommend solely based on a nebulous parameter like "best sound quality." The more you tell us, the more specifically we can help you. It's not like we're trying to drain your savings, right? 
wink.gif

Mar 7, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #195 of 5,364

Quote:
Well do you have a sound signature you're looking for? What kinds of music do you listen to? And again, what previous headphone experiences have you had and what did you think of them? Sorry to ask so many questions, but it's hard to recommend solely based on a nebulous parameter like "best sound quality." The more you tell us, the more specifically we can help you. It's not like we're trying to drain your savings, right? 
wink.gif

I don't really know what the different type of sound signatures are .
As for the genre i listen , i pretty much listen to everything from Rock to techno , from Heavy Metal to R&B/Hip hop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back