Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Jul 9, 2012 at 5:41 AM Post #916 of 5,364
Quote:

+1 for addicted to audio. I think it's $10 more for the 215s but they have free express postage and you get the full shure warranty. I ordered my E17 from them and it was cheaper than anywhere else and arrived within 24 hours. Jaben Audio has the hippo VB($80?) which is supposed to be a good bass option too.

After reading a few review it seems like the comfort of use of these things are a mixed bag. Some people like them and some find them uncomfortable and hard to use. I am not sure if I am willing to purchase a product with a 50/50 chance like that and I do not have huge ears either.

Jul 9, 2012 at 5:49 AM Post #917 of 5,364
Quote:
After reading a few review it seems like the comfort of use of these things are a mixed bag. Some people like them and some find them uncomfortable and hard to use. I am not sure if I am willing to purchase a product with a 50/50 chance like that and I do not have huge ears either.

Which ones? The hippos or the 215s? I can't comment much on the 215s sound quality but I believe they are about the same size as my se535s? If they are then I think they are pretty comfortable.. I mean I sleep with them in on my side and barely notice they're there. I think my ears are on the small side of average.

Jul 9, 2012 at 6:04 AM Post #918 of 5,364
Quote:
Which ones? The hippos or the 215s? I can't comment much on the 215s sound quality but I believe they are about the same size as my se535s? If they are then I think they are pretty comfortable.. I mean I sleep with them in on my side and barely notice they're there. I think my ears are on the small side of average.

Yeah I mean the 215s. I may give Addicted to Audio a call tomorrow and ask them about returns and refunds but it seems like I will most likely go with them for now then.

EDIT: Also saw the Vsonic GR06 and GR02 Bass Edition, Sunrise Xcape Impressive Edition and the JVC HA-FXT90 (bit pricey imo though) and tossing up between them for a generally sub $100 AUD price range.

Jul 9, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #920 of 5,364
I have been thinking of buying new headphones/IEMs for a couple of weeks. I currently have JVC FX700 and I used Earsonics SM3 before these. I like the bass on FX700 and they perform very well with house/trance type stuff but they are bit lacking when I play classic rock/metal on them. SM3 on the other hand were very consistent across genres and although I think they were a little lacking on bass, I loved the crispness of the sound. It was bright and lively. I would love something with sound signature which is a mixture of both if such a thing exists.

I'd be selling my FX700 and adding some money to that so my budget is around $400-450. The additional use that I am going to put these to is plugging them directly into my guitar when I don't want people aroudn me disturbed. Or use them when I am recording something. So I thought of getting full-size cans as they might be better(?) but I am still gonna need IEMs for when I am at work. This might end up being very expensive but I read the reviews for Audio Technica M50 and they seem to be a good cheap option. Although, I don't know how good they'll be for monitoring/recording type work. Then it leaves me around 300 for IEMs. What can I get for $300?

Or I can use the full budget go down the custom IEM route. I can then use that for both listening to music and plugging in to my guitar to record and stuff. Its just gonna be a line in to the PC from the guitar (recording to Guitar rig or something) and line out from PC to my monitors.

Any help is much appreciated.

Jul 9, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #921 of 5,364
Friend is looking for some decent IEMs/Earphones.

Looking to spend about 40Euro.

I can only presume from the fact he likes beats that he likes a good bit of bass.

Listens to Rap/Metal/Rock/Indie/D&B and the occasional bitta dubstep..

Thanks for any help.

Jul 9, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #922 of 5,364
Quote:
Friend is looking for some decent IEMs/Earphones.

Looking to spend about 40Euro.

I can only presume from the fact he likes beats that he likes a good bit of bass.

Listens to Rap/Metal/Rock/Indie/D&B and the occasional bitta dubstep..

Thanks for any help.

Maybe the CX250 or CX500 if they are still available, i'm not sure.

Check ljokerl review, I'm sure you are going to find something there.

Jul 9, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #924 of 5,364
I'm looking for some IEM's with a fairly neutral SS.

Some warmth would be OK, though. I'm just trying to avoid "bass monsters."

<$200 would be good though <$100 would be even better.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 9, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #926 of 5,364
Quote:
Yea I thought about getting those as well...but I change my mind a lot. I went with the Rockit R-50. Hopefully I like them.

I sent Rockit an e-mail about shipping times to Australia hopefully they get back to me soon. The Etymotic HF2 and the Xcape IE are only about $130 but I'm not overly sure about it. Most of my music is bass oriented but I also like good mids and highs in my trance/dnb/house music. In Australia I'm mainly looking at stores like addictedtoaudio.com.au headphones.com.au jaben.com.au and lendmeurears.com 

If you want to see the types of music I listen to mainly search up Monstercatmedia on YouTube. Thanks everyone for your help! It is a pity my budget is around the $100AUD mark but for a first time buy I don't want to spend an absolutely huge amount on something that I may not like.

Jul 10, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #928 of 5,364
Anything similar to DT-990 Pro? Don't care if its a headphone or an in-ear as long as it sounds similar and doesn't annoy people! :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back