Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Jul 4, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #886 of 5,364
Hi folks, I'm planning to enter the bottom of te custom IEM market, so I'm looking at the Heir 3.A, the JH5, the CTM-200, and the UE4.

I'm looking for an energetic, fun sound. I listen to metal, so bass needs to be on the ball to handle double-bass pedal runs and seriously brutal guitar stuff. I'm really trying to decide between the 3.A and the JH5. Any advice as to which to go with?

Jul 5, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #887 of 5,364
finding an IEM or Earbud <130$ with bright sound and foward mids. and it can be used for iphone as well as other android phones .  please show me some recommend.
thank you guy very much
beerchug.gif

Jul 5, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #888 of 5,364
Quote:
Hi folks, I'm planning to enter the bottom of te custom IEM market, so I'm looking at the Heir 3.A, the JH5, the CTM-200, and the UE4.
I'm looking for an energetic, fun sound. I listen to metal, so bass needs to be on the ball to handle double-bass pedal runs and seriously brutal guitar stuff. I'm really trying to decide between the 3.A and the JH5. Any advice as to which to go with?

Many would swear here for the JH5 if you'r looking for a "fun, energetic sound." 

Jul 5, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #889 of 5,364
Jul 5, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #890 of 5,364
Quote:

My favorite Westone tips?

So, you take the stalk of one of those big nasty clear mushroom ones and cut it from the top. Take the stalk that is left and cut it in half. Put each half on the stock of the W4 near the tip. Over the stock put the size of Sony Hybrid that fits (http://www.amazon.com/Sony-EPEX10A-BLK-Replacement-Earbuds/dp/B001RB24UA) I use the largest, personally. It takes a little work, but its fairly easy to do. The isolation is solid, but what I love the most is how it doesn't obscure the nozzle, allowing for the best bass and treble. And it is by far the most comfortable your W4 will be! (of course, imo) 

I'll certanly consider doing it, although I never "modded" anything, I'll give it a shot.

I'll probably try buying shure olives, I was searching in the web and I remembered that they were they ones I used on the store when I tried the westone 4 for the first time. I'll probably buy 20 something tips and make sure to have a stock at home, but what I didn't want to do is to have to exchange tips every month if possible. I have been with my triple flange for my HF5 almost 3 months, taking care an cleaning them and they are in very good shape, but when I tried the comply's, they were dead in a month.

I understand now that's normal and for hygiene issues it should be that way, but if I can live without them, I would be happier.

Also, that's true that the clear mushrooms are not playing so nice with me, but they are apparently the best stock tips after the comply's, so I'm using them.

Jul 5, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #891 of 5,364
Quote:
 I'll certanly consider doing it, although I never "modded" anything, I'll give it a shot.

I'll probably try buying shure olives, I was searching in the web and I remembered that they were they ones I used on the store when I tried the westone 4 for the first time. I'll probably buy 20 something tips and make sure to have a stock at home, but what I didn't want to do is to have to exchange tips every month if possible. I have been with my triple flange for my HF5 almost 3 months, taking care an cleaning them and they are in very good shape, but when I tried the comply's, they were dead in a month.

I understand now that's normal and for hygiene issues it should be that way, but if I can live without them, I would be happier.

Also, that's true that the clear mushrooms are not playing so nice with me, but they are apparently the best stock tips after the comply's, so I'm using them.

I don't know anyone else who likes the clear mushrooms, though I'm glad they're working for you. You can still cut down the stalk on one of the sizes that don't fit. The Shure Olives will need to be replaced, similar to the comply. Be really careful with the Shure Olives; I've had a horrible time getting them off the W4. I liked the sound (they don't reduce the nozzle opening either) but I got sick of the gut-wrenching feeling of carefully trying to get them off. 

But definitely try the make your own version w/ the Sony Hybrids!

Jul 5, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #892 of 5,364
The best headphone under 25 dollars?
With amount of bass, good cuality sound etc

I've been reading a lot of options like:

1) Jvc Fx1x
2) Xeport 5010
3) M10

Could you recomend me any good one? (likely the best)

Jul 6, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #893 of 5,364
I need to switch IEMs from my UE 600Vi to something armature based with a better mic than the UE 600Vi for my iPhone.

At this point I am considering:
Phonak PFE 132
Fischer Audio DBA-02 (to be modded with the removable cable mod by Brian Goto, and used with a mic'ed cable)
UE Triple.Fi 10vi (I'll buy the 10's and purchase of the cable because I'm a cheap person.)
Etymotic HF3

I listen to mostly hip hop, but have a bunch of soundtracks (Amelie, The Departed, I Heart Huckabees, etc) loaded on my iPhone which I frequently listen to and enjoy. V-shaped is probably preferably, though I wouldn't know much having only owned the CX300 and the UE 600Vi.

Jul 6, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #894 of 5,364
Alright, I made my choice the other day. Bought the EPH-100SL. Regret nothing.
atsmile.gif

Jul 6, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #895 of 5,364
I am finally upgrading from my $20 Skullcandy buds. I have narrowed my choices down to Shure Se215, Re-Zero, Monster Turbine, and maybe some Etymotics. Which of these would you recommend for alternative, rock, and hip hop music? I want a pair that will blow me away (with sound quality) without having to spend more than 100 dollars. Thanks.

Jul 6, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #896 of 5,364
Don't go with the RE-Zeros. Your taste in music benefits from a bit more fun signature, they're all very bass-dependent. The SE215 are usually recommended for those genres, but I haven't tried them.

Jul 6, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #897 of 5,364
Jul 8, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #899 of 5,364
Quote:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/818541-REG/Audeo_112_0004_19_Perfect_Fit_In_Ear_Stereo.html

Good deal, too! Did a quick search and I think they are compatible w/ both ipod/android. Exactly what you want! 

I am very tempted by this deal...the only thing keeping me back is the similar deal at Future Shop for the JVC HA-FXT90 that can be had for about the same money total (even cheaper on eBay).

Does anyone have any opinion of which is the "better deal"?  My current best pair of IEMs is a my UE Super.fi 3 Studios that I've had for nearly six years...it's time to upgrade.  I like the idea of a BA again, but the FTX90 sounds interesting too.  I wish I could convince my wife to let me spend more.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 8, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #900 of 5,364
Hello everyone. I currently own the Vsonic GR06 and HiFiMan RE262. I absolutely love the RE262 but would love a IEM with a little more kick. The GR06 has an very good amount of bass, but the sound signature is very muddy using the stock tips. I also don't like fighting them to point the right direction in my ears.
Basically, I'm looking for an IEM with more kick than the RE262 but I don't want a very smooth sound signature like the GR06 which lacks significant detail to me. My Xears XE200Pro is decent, but I'm looking for something a bit higher quality. $200 is about my limit. Any suggestions? I would SURELY appreciate it.

Edit: Would the DBA-02 MKii possibly fit what I'm looking for?

-Long time reader, short time poster. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back