Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Dec 27, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #2,086 of 5,364
Quote:
Quote:
Don't worry, no MH1C hype around here. Am also currently interested in the VC02, but from the looks of impressions, it's not exactly a bass emphasized set, so might not be for techno or hip-hop. Of course, this is after not having heard them, so what do I know?
font]
 The M5s were not all-rounders by any means, very much skewed towards the bass. The E10s are decently balanced, might lack just the tiniest amount of low end kick, but other than that, I think they could work, especially in terms of comfort. XBA-1s, not much to say except similar to the E10 but with more body. Housing isn't as ergonomic though. Another way you could go would be the GR02 Bass. Yes, bass-emphasized, but everything else manages to stay present sounding, not at all overwhelmed. Mids are clearer than most bassy phones, and it's a great performer, easily hits above it's price point.

Thanks, for the answer a lot but here is another question from me :)
Ok, so I'm going to scrach the XBA-1 (for being not just a noch better than E10) and the M5 (since they are not all-roundet) from the list. But I may have misslead you by saying that I need more bass. Not at all, with my AKG K314P i am already happy with the bass but since they are not in-ear i couldn't hear it so clear. As much as the heaphones have some little but quality bass it's OK.
But is there anybody who could compair the VC02 and the E10 in terms of all-round quality sound, comfyness (sry for the non-existed word), and how they compair in the lows,mids,highs and soundstage?

Thanks in advance for the help again.

I'm just gonna bump myself. Sorry about that but it looks i've been forgoten out there :D

Dec 27, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #2,087 of 5,364
Quote:

Oh, look, they have the M2 on headsound. Mentioned to grandur that they were pretty comparable. Can't calculate the costs from here, but if it stays around the same, the performance is pretty even between the two - get the cheaper one 
wink.gif
. You also get better housings (although the cable and strain relief is still better on the GR02)

The M2's are 8€ more expensive, so basically same price, but the Brainwavz price is closer to the EU price and I like their look better (even though I like the GR02's jack a bit better and they seem to have a marginally better sound). I think I'll get the Brainwavz, but I might just flip a coin.. Thanks for all the help Twin!

Dec 27, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #2,088 of 5,364
Quote:

FXD40 are the bassy among the choices above. Also the most impressive quality wise. Deep, punchy, great tonality with techno. Mids might be a bit thin for some pop, but will vary with taste. Comfort is good, relatively shallow insertion though, but isolation remains decently average.

Also the new flavor of the month TDK MT300 (I've had them in my ears for days now) with some of the most impressive bass I've yet to hear on anything $30 or below (price is not a metric for performance, yes, yes). The MH1C in this case will likely suit you as well. Great rumbly bass with authority, globs of warm smooth mids for pop. 

Going slightly above budget, but the GR02 will do fine for bass as well. 

JVC are not available in my country :frowning2: ....could you suggest another pair of earphones from these componies-Philips,SoundMagic,Philips,BRAINWAVZ and Skullcany

Thanks in advance...sorry to trouble you again :frowning2:

Dec 27, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #2,089 of 5,364
Hey guys. I have some Brainwavz M2's that I love. Are there any iems of similar or better quality that have a mic. I would like to use it with my Galaxy S3. Also I'm a bass lover. A few people have said to try the Klipsch Image S4a's but a lot of reviews I've read rate the M2's over the S4a's.  My budget would be around £50-£60 possibly stretching to £70

Dec 27, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #2,090 of 5,364
Hello, i want to buy an armature earphones.

I mainly listen to Pop, Hip-hiop, RnB, and other genres a little bit. Also i need over the ear design. I am not a basshead, but i must feel it. Source is iTouch 5.

The choise is between:

1) Creative Aurvana IE 3.
2) Phonak 012
3) Westone 1
4) Sony XBA-2.

Its the only headphones i can buy where i live. So what earphones would be nice for my music preferences?

Thinking about Aurvana the most, but are they really so huge constructed? I had Westone 3 for a little time, are they bigger then they? 

Thanks.

Dec 27, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #2,091 of 5,364
I posted a similar questions a few days back, but got no response, maybe because it was Christmas! So, I hope you don't mind if I try again, with a bit of a more concise question.

I am considering the following:

EQ5
RE262
B2

I live in South Korea and the prices here differ widely from the U.S. For example I can get the above for about 180, but GR07 / R50 / DBA02 cost twice that much here, so the above are what's available here in my price range. I also considered the Ety HF5's but my research seems to tell me that the above are a step above, please correct me if I am wrong.

I listen mainly to Indie rock and some dance and electronica.

My previous headphones were Klipsch S4 and Westone UM1. I preferred the Westone to the Klipsch if that helps?!

Dec 27, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #2,092 of 5,364
Hello guys, I really didn't want to ask, 'cause there are a TON of useful threads already, but my needs are a bit particular, so I thought it'd be better to just ask.
I need a pair of headphones for gaming AND music listening. For the gaming part, I mainly play Battlefield 3, so it'd be nice to have a pair of headphones that work well with Virtual Surround (My motherboard is an Asus P7P55D, which has something called DTS Surround Sensation which, from what I've read around, isn't so different from Dolby Headphone). For the music listening part, I'll use the headphones on my commute to university so I need something that can isolate the sound, or I risk waking up half the bus I'm in. The source is an iPhone 4s, the budget is 50$-100$. Consider that I belong to the world of 10$ and less earbuds, so it's not like I'm an audiophile or anything. I have a nice hi-fi system in my house (My father has, to be precise), and listening to a cd on that and then listening to the same thing with a pair of said 10$ earbuds is pretty painful, even for untrained ears.
If I forgot something, or you need other information, please tell, thank you.

Dec 27, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #2,093 of 5,364
Quote:
Hello guys, I really didn't want to ask, 'cause there are a TON of useful threads already, but my needs are a bit particular, so I thought it'd be better to just ask.
I need a pair of headphones for gaming AND music listening. For the gaming part, I mainly play Battlefield 3, so it'd be nice to have a pair of headphones that work well with Virtual Surround (My motherboard is an Asus P7P55D, which has something called DTS Surround Sensation which, from what I've read around, isn't so different from Dolby Headphone). For the music listening part, I'll use the headphones on my commute to university so I need something that can isolate the sound, or I risk waking up half the bus I'm in. The source is an iPhone 4s, the budget is 50$-100$. Consider that I belong to the world of 10$ and less earbuds, so it's not like I'm an audiophile or anything. I have a nice hi-fi system in my house (My father has, to be precise), and listening to a cd on that and then listening to the same thing with a pair of said 10$ earbuds is pretty painful, even for untrained ears.

JVC HA-S500

Dec 27, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #2,095 of 5,364
As per the instructions, I'm asking here for advice from the venerable knowledge-masters of Head-Fi:

I've been using Radiopaq Jazz for the last three years, but they are sadly dying (rough use), and the new version with the braided cable just doesn't seem to sound as rich.
Can anyone recommend a good in-ear for around £50.00, that will have the same type of rich, warm sound with nice bass that the Jazz offered, but with better clarity? (I listen to pretty much everything - classical, jazz, rock, trance, dubstep, metal, country, etc). Reading through these threads, the ones which would seem to suit seem to be above my price range. (Sadly, the Amazon Klipsch x10 deal isn't available in the EU).

Thanks!

Dec 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #2,096 of 5,364
Hi everyone, thanks for giving this a read- I'm looking for a pair of sub $350 iems and am having a lot of trouble choosing though I've looked through most of the comparison tables and review collections. I tend to listen to a lot of rap and techno, though my music tastes are quite wide. I tend to listen unamped just for ease of use. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Hi there,

As you could see I'm new in here. So i decided to buy a new pair of in-ear headphones, after my old ones got wet after a big rain... Even then after they dryed they still work :)
But i still want to buy myself a new ones to get some better sound quality. After some resurch in here i fould some of the best <50$ (whitch is my price tag).
So the ones i fould are :
Sonic Magic E10 witch i found to be good in build quality, and are good in SQ for the price of 35$, even then they are not the best pick (i think).

Brainwavz M5 witch i found in some reviews to be one of the best <50$, good SQ and BQ, good looking and have a nice pakage.

VSonic VC02 - maybe a hype, idk but many people are praging them to be the best under 50$ and even above, compareing them with some 80,90$ ones. I think they have good SQ, BQ, good number of accesories, and to be comfy for some:)

Lastly i found Sony XBA-1 witch are a bit over the price of 50$ but even then i could consider them too. I found them to have good BQ and a decent SQ, you'll tell more

My portable headphones are AKG K314P. I like them, so maybe whatever i got it will be an improvment but after all i seek the best :wink:
I listen almost everything, starting at pop, hip-hop, rap, songs with nice vocals,techno, a little dupstep and some soundtracks with have some classical music in them. So i need in-ear that could have a good performance in every type of music. I am not a bass-head but i still want some with witch i could rock some techno.  The things that i am seeking from the headphones are 1st SQ, 2-nd BQ and comfort becouse i listen every day music, so at least they have to be comfy enough to spend 1-3 hours non-stop in listening.
I know some of you will recomend me the Sony MH1C but i found them to be with bad cable, heavy, and could not work with some devices, so i think they are not the ones to buy.
I am wiling to take other recomendations for some other in-ear, if there are others good.
Btw Have in maind that i am not goind to amp my in-ear !

So if you recomend me a choise please explain why you pick thouse in compair to the other ones :wink:
If someone could compair the 4 of them i will be ve)(1ry happy.

Thanks in advance for the help :)

for a sub $350 pair of IEMS, I hear the monster turbine pro copper and the miles Davis tribute are actually pretty good. the pro golds are on sale for $150 on Amazon, which is a pretty good deal.

------------------------------

I have never heard the gr02's, but I an buying a pair as a present for my dad. I have the gr99's and can say they are an amzing value, which is why I am buying another pair of vsonics.

Dec 27, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #2,098 of 5,364
Quote:
Thanks, that was fast. I'll check them out, but if you, or anyone else for that matter, has other suggestions please tell, it's better having multiple choices. :)

[size=1.7em] Audio Technica ATH-AD700[/size]

one of my team mate was using this headset when i used to play CS leagues.
good positioning.

Audio Technica ath-es7

this one is portable with good stylish looking, good sounding also.
but i think JVC S500 has better value compare to this
just my 2 cents

edit: I think the AD700 is perfect for u if you don't mind its size and looking.

Dec 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #2,099 of 5,364
Quote:

JVC are not available in my country :frowning2: ....could you suggest another pair of earphones from these componies-Philips,SoundMagic,Philips,BRAINWAVZ and Skullcany

Thanks in advance...sorry to trouble you again :frowning2:

Wait, then why'd you bring up the JVCs before? Didn't know they were available? 

Anyways, for Brainwavz, the M1 have decent bass, more than the Betas. Philips has their SHE3580, I currently have them loaned, and feel the mids to be sort of recessed, but everything else seems to hold up not too badly. Plus plenty of bass. No Sony? The MH1C seems to be sold to almost everywhere from ebay and amazon wholesalers (where everyone buys them, so pretty safe), and would likely do better for your purposes than most of the others. The tips are also some of the comfiest I've worn.

Quote:
Hey guys. I have some Brainwavz M2's that I love. Are there any iems of similar or better quality that have a mic. I would like to use it with my Galaxy S3. Also I'm a bass lover. A few people have said to try the Klipsch Image S4a's but a lot of reviews I've read rate the M2's over the S4a's.  My budget would be around £50-£60 possibly stretching to £70

Looking for a similar sound signature to the M2? I would also place the Brainwavz above the S4, purely due to preference. But they'd still be an okay choice if you're looking for a mic. The MC3 get around to the same level performance wise, mic capable as well. Can't think of too many mic-capable stuff around that price. A161P, MTPG, PFE022, SE215i, but those vary from being slightly out of budget to extremely.

Quote:
Hello, i want to buy an armature earphones.

I mainly listen to Pop, Hip-hiop, RnB, and other genres a little bit. Also i need over the ear design. I am not a basshead, but i must feel it. Source is iTouch 5.

The choise is between:

1) Creative Aurvana IE 3.
2) Phonak 012
3) Westone 1
4) Sony XBA-2.

Its the only headphones i can buy where i live. So what earphones would be nice for my music preferences?

Thinking about Aurvana the most, but are they really so huge constructed? I had Westone 3 for a little time, are they bigger then they? 

Thanks.

Everyone goes on about the Aurvanas, but never found much special about them. Granted, haven't heard them too often, but I found them a tad lacking. Size would be around W3, just the housings protrude a bit awkwardly because of the shape. No XBA-3 or X10s? They'd do even better than the choices above for your genres. W1s might be a bit bass-lacking for those genres specifically. PFE012s have a nice smooth sound that can render Pop quite nicely. 

Quote:
I posted a similar questions a few days back, but got no response, maybe because it was Christmas! So, I hope you don't mind if I try again, with a bit of a more concise question.

I am considering the following:

EQ5
RE262
B2

I live in South Korea and the prices here differ widely from the U.S. For example I can get the above for about 180, but GR07 / R50 / DBA02 cost twice that much here, so the above are what's available here in my price range. I also considered the Ety HF5's but my research seems to tell me that the above are a step above, please correct me if I am wrong.

I listen mainly to Indie rock and some dance and electronica.

My previous headphones were Klipsch S4 and Westone UM1. I preferred the Westone to the Klipsch if that helps?!

Sorry I missed you the first time! Sometimes that quote button just doesn't seem to want to get clicked when you multi-quote a lot of stuff. Must have forgotten and left yours behind.

Having listened to plenty of Korean indie as well, and feel that the RE262 would probably do that genres the most justice. Have not heard the Ortofons though. People say good things about them for mids though. B2s and HF5 might lack a bit of bass for electronica, and some nice warmth and natural timbre for indie (particularly the B2). Remember seeing the PFE122 and the W2 for decent price locally in Seoul, though don't know how that's changed since it's been a while.

Quote:

IEM-wise, or full-sized? Would have to direct you here regarding the games, having not played anything but Eve or UT3 and Quake in a long, long time, at least desktop wise. http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-12-24-12-external-amp-section-added-w-3-amps

Though I can immediately imagine the FA-003/HM5/Jaycar OEMs to do quite well for gaming. Never tried them for that purpose, but soundstage was quite immersing and large. Lightweight despite how they look, could be used for portable use because they isolate quite well. 

Quote:
As per the instructions, I'm asking here for advice from the venerable knowledge-masters of Head-Fi:

I've been using Radiopaq Jazz for the last three years, but they are sadly dying (rough use), and the new version with the braided cable just doesn't seem to sound as rich.
Can anyone recommend a good in-ear for around £50.00, that will have the same type of rich, warm sound with nice bass that the Jazz offered, but with better clarity? (I listen to pretty much everything - classical, jazz, rock, trance, dubstep, metal, country, etc). Reading through these threads, the ones which would seem to suit seem to be above my price range. (Sadly, the Amazon Klipsch x10 deal isn't available in the EU).

Thanks!

Eternas, M2s, GR02, have the warmth and nice bass that you're describing. Also the Hawkeye, but that might be a step below in terms of clarity. Can't think of too many other choices around that budget, but I do remember there being some more.

Quote:
Hi all. This is really an incredible resources- so thank you! Looking for IEM's under ~$120 USD. Inline mic/remote would be awesome but not a requirement. Sound quality and comfort are #1 and 2. These will primarily be use for commuting on public transit.

Musical Genres: Metal, Electronic, Rap, Rock

Sound preference: I would like something with a bit of "kick" on the low end, but other than that I don't really know enough to know what I want
tongue_smile.gif

Comfort: Extremely important

Isolation: The more the better but not a priority

Thank you!

Sounds like the SE215, especially for those genres. Comfort is great on them, people usually get alienated by the over-ear style, but personally can not stand having to wear stuff straight down instead. Isolation with the Olives is quite impressive. Mid-bass bump, so that kick and impact is present, yes. Mids are forward, fantastic, and slightly aggressive in presentation, so great for rock and metal.

Dec 27, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #2,100 of 5,364
Quote:

[size=1.7em] Audio Technica ATH-AD700[/size]

one of my team mate was using this headset when i used to play CS leagues.
good positioning.

Audio Technica ath-es7

this one is portable with good stylish looking, good sounding also.
but i think JVC S500 has better value compare to this
just my 2 cents

edit: I think the AD700 is perfect for u if you don't mind its size and looking.

AD700s are open, he's looking for something portable and isolates as well. You guys would be a better judge regarding the S500s though. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back