Buying My First Headphones Ever
Dec 26, 2012 at 8:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Parallel

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I'm planning on buying my first headphones ever within the next few weeks. Up until this point, I've been using the earbuds that came with my ipod to listen to music. :frowning2: I'm only starting to realize how much I've missed out on all these years...

Anyways, I'm looking for headphones with active noise cancellation that are comfortable and provide good sound quality. The noise cancellation is very important to me as I use public transportation often and my house has a VERY noisy heating/air condition system. Comfort is also important since I tend to listen to music for longer periods of time. As for sound quality... I'm not an audiophile by any means and as I mentioned before, I don't have any experience with headphones so anything will be an improvement at this point. Additionally, I'd prefer something that won't look weird if I wear it in public.

I was thinking of getting the QC15s from Bose. My friends have been pressuring me to buy Beats Studios or Solo HDs but when I tried them out at the store, the bass seemed a bit overwhelming and overall the sound didn't seem balanced, for lack of a better word. I also tried the Monster Inspirations and they didn't sound as good and weren't nearly as comfortable as the QC15s either.

So, I'd just like to hear some of your opinions/suggestions. What do you think? Would the QC15s be a good choice for my first headphones ever?

Dec 27, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:
QC15's will do very nicely...
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks for the reply! Do you own these particular headphones?

Hoping to hear from some more people before I decide to buy...

Dec 27, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #4 of 9
i think the qc15 also
there are other headphones that have better sound in the price range but bose delivers decent sound, with lots of comfort, and unbeatable noise cancelling- which is important in your situation
i recommend you try them out somewhere as you may or may not be used to the slight pressure from the noise cancelling effect

Dec 27, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #5 of 9
Ya QC15.

Dec 27, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #6 of 9
if you really need to block out sound a lot then they would do good for you, but if you do't need to block out that much sound then sure there are better sounding headphones at that price.

Dec 29, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #8 of 9
I think it's a good choice. They look slightly fragile though, so treat them with a basic amount of care! Whether fragile or not, as you first pair (or as good habit) you should still take good care of them 
biggrin.gif

If ever you are looking at other active noise cancelling headphones, be sure to read the description as some of them are designed for AIRPLANES. Those ones will not be as effective at noise reduction in non-airplane situations.

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #9 of 9
If you are planning to use it everyday I wouldn't recommend QC15, it doesn't work without batteries. You should stay with IEMs, they tend to block ambient noise much better than over/on the ear headphones. More practical for everything.
If you're looking merely style, take a look to the Sennheiser HD1-ii (They say a lot about the user) or Momentum, Beyer COP, V-moda m100, 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back