Buying IEMs (and anything else) from Japan cheaply
Feb 20, 2010 at 12:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

javajive

100+ Head-Fier
Living in Japan, I kinda felt sorry for those paying much more for IEMs like the e-q7 and FX500 and also those having trouble getting the CK10.

One of the largest on-line stores here is Rakuten. They own the Rakuten Eagles which is a Japanese professional baseball team so they are huge and 100% legit.

Anyways, I was having a look on the Rakuten International web site ¡ÚRakuten: Shop from Japan's No.1 Shopping Site¡Û Get Great Selection & Great Savings from Japan to you! Cheap and Quick Delivery! for pricing on the FX500 and saw that their cheapest price was about 13,000 yen which is quite a bit more than than what you can get them through kakaku.com

I decided to have a look at their shipping service and saw that they use a company called tenso [Rakuten ichiba] Want to ship products from Rakuten at once to overseas? Go to tenso.com!

and decided to follow the links that led me to this Usage Fee [ Tenso.com ]|Forwarding service connecting overseas customers and Japanese online stores. and as you will see their service fee is only 490 yen for packages weighing less than a kilo and registration is free!

But the great thing is you don't have to buy from Rakuten. You can purchase from any on-line shop which means you can use kakaku.com

For those wanting the e-q7, no shops are listed for them on kakaku. Audiounion has them for 23,530 but if you do some digging you can probably get them from someone else for a few dollars cheaper.

Here is tenso's homepage Forwarding service connecting overseas customers and Japanese online stores [ Tenso.com ]

Feb 20, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #2 of 10
Nice find, thanks! They work quite differently from sites like Pricejapan. You have to buy the item yourself and they provide a Japanese address and forwarding service. No warranty service though, you'd have to contact the dealer directly.

Feb 20, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #3 of 10
this is pretty interesting. I've never heard of this forwarding before. I'll have to read into this service but I may try it out if i get another japanese iem

Feb 20, 2010 at 6:32 AM Post #5 of 10
Thanks for sharing. I usually order from PriceJapan, Seyo-Shop, or BlueTin.

Tenso seemed like a breeze for registration. I just placed an order for some ATH-CKS70 from kakaku for ~$45 shipped (including fees from Tenso) with the method you posted above. Basically testing out this method without breaking the bank first. The ATH-CK100 does look tempting at ~$340 shipped. Now only if I can read Japanese, things will be much quicker and easier with the method you posted. Now waiting for Tenso to get my package.

Will update you guys on how this turns out.

Feb 20, 2010 at 6:36 AM Post #6 of 10
i was thinking about doing something similar but u beat me to it and i couldnt make a decision on what to buy ;p

Feb 20, 2010 at 6:51 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Usage Fee [ Tenso.com ]|Forwarding service connecting overseas customers and Japanese online stores.

the fees start at 490y service fee + 900y shipping to asia

EMS shipping seems to be relatively the same pricing compared to PriceJapan. BlueTin offers the cheapest shipping, but it is better to pay extra for tracking from them. AccessoryJack is also a great place to buy from, but they tend to have higher pricing. Seyo-Shop is probably my favorite place to shop out of the four.

Yes, it is expensive shipping, but you are also getting a product at a much cheaper price.

Feb 20, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #10 of 10
I see more and more to such websites that offer such of services. Most what I've seen is aiming for the american market and also China but Japan is kinda new in my case.
Thank you very much for this. ありがとう. Sure helpful for some but yeah I see warranty claims might a problem. Also beware that for some there would be still be import taxes to pay apon arrival.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back