Buying help for a Over ear Headphone for exercise at the gym for 100$ dollars or lower.
Feb 15, 2013 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Asnobanga

New Head-Fier
Hi! 

Im looking for a Over ear Headphone for my father and he is going to use it for exercise, if possible waterproof :) .

It can not cost over 100 dollars and it's need to be available in Norway.

He is mostly at the gym and i need to lock out the sounds from the speakers at the gym:L3000:
He don't care about the design and the sound quality has to be at least decent. 

Thanks for the replies. :atsmile:

Feb 15, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:
If you're looking for something in the gym, I'd recommend iems. They actually block out noise much better than over ear headphones and they are far more portable.

I would second this.  IEMs are going to be much better for that environment, not to mention the fact that they'll fit better and be more comfortable when you sweat at the gym.

Feb 15, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #5 of 11
I know next to nothing about IEMs, but I'm positive that I would be more comfortable with them in a similar situation.  I'm sure others will chime in here, or check the Portable forum for recommendations:

http://www.head-fi.org/f/103/portable-headphones-earphones-and-in-ear-monitors

Feb 15, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #7 of 11
If he doesn't like the feeling of having buds inside his ears, he'll have to get use to them and you might have to get him some custom comply tips that are more comforatable, but as long as the silicone tips are the right size, comfort shouldn't be a problem

Feb 15, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #8 of 11
If he doesn't like IEMs then go for clip ons headphones.

Full size and on ears would be a nightmare to sweat on.

Feb 16, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:
Im open for any suggestions, it's for my father and he is really stuber about it, and he doen't like to put things in his ears. But i will ask him
smily_headphones1.gif
and try to persuade him
wink.gif

No, don't. It's a personal preference and he may well be correct.

But

1. You are in the wrong forum - go to PORTABLE headphones

2. Look at the portable headphones shootout thread there: any reasonable portable phone should work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back