Buying headphones from abroad " can't really get to send them back " 40$ Maximum budget
Jun 30, 2014 at 3:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

lolrko

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

so I am growing this strange interest towards headphones and since we don't have plenty of choices in Egypt where I live I decided to buy something from Amazon.com
and some friend coming from the us is going to get it with him next month.

so My top budget is about 40-42$ maximum and I am looking for something good to buy for that price I will list my desires and I hope you could help

-over the ear closed back design.
-comfortable 
-detachable cables for durability since all my previous headphones are dead because of that (1/4 extension preferably too).

I know that the price tag doesn't leave me in a wide range of choices but expertise help would be very much appreciated

what I am gonna use them for 

- mainly electronic dance music " Trance specifically" and some gaming " gaming doesn't matter"
- indoor and outdoor
- going to use them sort of monitoring my tracks on Ableton Live 9 " EDM also (Trance) "

what's in my head? since I have been reading plenty of reviews/ videos / articles etc..

what really drew my attention 

1. Audio-Technica ATH-M30
2. Monoprice 108323 Premium Hi-Fi DJ
3. Koss ProDJ100 Headphones
4. Sennheiser HD-360 PRO DJ 

What I kinda like a lot is the monoprice but I am very afraid of the durability " I am a person who takes care of the stuff though" 

waiting for comments and ideas ..

P.S I tried to say everything in mind to help you guys and not to make you feel I am just a forum abuser who's coming for a post and running back
as I promise with a review once I receive whatever headphones I buy

Edit #1: After reviewing more headphones and seeing that I am not getting anywhere with low budget I went to innerfidelity website and searched more
and came out with about 70 to 80$ budget 

Okay so now I am almost certain I am getting one of the following since the very low budget stuff doesn't seem any promising:

Logitech UE6000
Creative Aurvana Live
NVX Audio XPT100

votes please and if you got anything better in mind around that price please share with me

Jul 1, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #4 of 39
Sennheiser makes, in my opinion, some of the best headphones for the money.  When I first got a pair about 3 years ago for 22 dollar, I heard people compare them to Beats.  I know beats are bad but $22 vs $170!  But be warned once you get into the audio hobby you won't leave.  I ended up from the $22 pair to $150 to $400 pair of cans.  Welcome to the forum.

Jul 1, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #5 of 39
  Sennheiser makes, in my opinion, some of the best headphones for the money.  When I first got a pair about 3 years ago for 22 dollar, I heard people compare them to Beats.  I know beats are bad but $22 vs $170!  But be warned once you get into the audio hobby you won't leave.  I ended up from the $22 pair to $150 to $400 pair of cans.  Welcome to the forum.

I feel you there that Sennheiser make some quality sound stuff, but this certain model I posted is any good? any other recommendation of the Sennheiser family also?

Jul 1, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #7 of 39

The only one I can recommend is the DJ100, but it needs an amp--especially running from on board sound.

My Ultrasone Pro 750 sound fine on my iPod and laptop.  They are 40 ohms and the Koss are only 38 ohms.  Of course mine sound better on my Little Dot 2, but it is not required. 

Jul 1, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #8 of 39
In this price range, the ones I would recommend from experience is the Jvc s400 and Koss Porta PRO. The ones I've read about and would try are the Jvc S500 and Superlux 681 Evo. Of the ones on your list, I've heard the monoprice and did not like it at all.

Jul 1, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #9 of 39

The only one I can recommend is the DJ100, but it needs an amp--especially running from on board sound.

My Ultrasone Pro 750 sound fine on my iPod and laptop.  They are 40 ohms and the Koss are only 38 ohms.  Of course mine sound better on my Little Dot 2, but it is not required. 

I doubt that.  The 750 loses its bass without an amp.  You can get volume, but not what it can offer.

On the other hand the DJ100 gets to only marginal volume on an iPhone 4.

Jul 1, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #10 of 39

I doubt that.  The 750 loses its bass without an amp.  You can get volume, but not what it can offer.

On the other hand the DJ100 gets to only marginal volume on an iPhone 4.

Bass isn't everything though, but I don't listen to electronic dance.  I don't like them nearly as much without an amp, but they are anything but bad without one.

Jul 1, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #11 of 39
In this price range, the ones I would recommend from experience is the Jvc s400 and Koss Porta PRO. The ones I've read about and would try are the Jvc S500 and Superlux 681 Evo. Of the ones on your list, I've heard the monoprice and did not like it at all.

But neither of those had detachable cords.  Which he asked for.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back