Buying from jaben, is it safe?
Aug 16, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #2 of 29
wow, I was trying to order some Shrooms EB for myself xD
Anyway, yesm they are trustworthy, but for some reason I'm not able to checkout with my paypal account -.-

http://jaben.net/shopping/shipping.php

Quote:
Please Note
- Online Orders are handled by david [AT] jaben.net, not Wilson
- Shipping times (estimated): USA-15days Europe-10days Eastern Europe-21days Asia-7days

Aug 17, 2010 at 7:03 AM Post #6 of 29
Nope, horrible service....

I brought a pair of Hippo VB's about a month ago, they shipped to me in about a week which was good.

The headphones lasted about 1 week until the right earphone blew....

Tried to contact jaben numerous times about a refund  and never heard from them at all.

So all in all a waste of $89 What a waste......

Aug 17, 2010 at 7:15 AM Post #7 of 29
Jaben is a good small online store. I personally could not find any such product of my choice there but my father ordered a music player few weeks earlier and all went great :)

Aug 17, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #8 of 29
well.. since jaben here allow me to spend half day testing between ck10, ortofon eq7, um3x, w3, se535, loads of other amps.. etc..
i also have no problem getting replacement for my woody2 (broke twice) and hippo vb (faulty bass port screw). immediate exchange.
so i support them.

Aug 17, 2010 at 12:12 PM Post #9 of 29
I received excellent service from Jaben/Uncle Wilson's. Hippo VB's arrived from Korea in about one week to Seattle. I decided after a week of listening (and plenty of burn-in time) that the SQ wasn't right for me, and they were quite willing to accept them as return, which went to Uncle Wilson's in US, so no shipping hassle at all.

I  would highly recommend them as a reputable IEM source, and would happily order from them again with no worries.

Aug 17, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #10 of 29

Quote:

I brought a pair of Hippo VB's about a month ago, they shipped to me in about a week which was good.

Tried to contact jaben numerous times about a refund  and never heard from them at all.

Did you try contacting the US store?

Aug 17, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #11 of 29

Quote:
I bought my VBs from UncleWilson, although I've had some issues with the buds themselves :frowning2:

Quote:

damn... they don't seem durable at all
now i'm having second thoughts if i should buy the hippo VBs or not

Aug 18, 2010 at 5:08 AM Post #15 of 29
its ok and trustworthy, because they are very famous in singapore, and already have branches in a few countries including (surabaya)Indonesia, China, and other.

CMIIW, the owner love to collect rare headphones such as Sony R10, Sony Qualia 10, stax Omega, Senn Orpheus, Baby Orpheus HE60, L3000, K1000, etc

from what i know, Jaben is the only distributor of Hippo Brand

Users who are viewing this thread

Back