Buying DIY supplies
Oct 6, 2009 at 3:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

larryminator

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I'm looking to buy some Switchcraft 3.5mm mini plug with black barrel/gold contact or Canare F-12 plug, but can't find a website that ship them to Canada (Markertek needs 100$minimum, TakeFiveAudio is too expensive).

Does any one has a website that sell switchcraft plugs as described above that ship to Canada?

Thanks

Oct 6, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #2 of 10
OK, seriously, you'd lose a dollar on each plug by buying at TakeFive and save yourself a hassle and unless you consider your time cheaper than a couple of bucks for the troubles, just order the plugs from the nice place that offers good service and fast shipping.
wink.gif

Oct 6, 2009 at 8:29 AM Post #3 of 10
^^ what he said, take five audio are really great to deal with and you can pick yourself up a couple other nice things while you are there
wink.gif

Oct 6, 2009 at 11:41 AM Post #5 of 10
~ $2CDN difference - Take Five is Canadian.

You could pay $10CDN for them at Mouser.

Don't forget extra costs such as shipping and that all credit cards add about 4% on top of your USD exchange as you are rubbing those pennies together.

Oct 6, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #6 of 10
no idea whether redco ships to canada but you can check them out - they don't have switchcraft plugs but they do have the canare plugs.

Oct 6, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #7 of 10
you can also check out audioadapter.com - again i have no idea about their shipping policies but they do carry the switchcraft plugs.

Oct 6, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #8 of 10
you have probably wasted about 30mins just posting in this thread (at least) and I dont even know how much more time you have spent looking to save by the sounds of it; even if you make your larger order of 3, what $6-7CAN
confused.gif
I dont know how much you value your time, but that seems like bad time resources management to me. that price is perfectly reasonable IMO and the convenience and shipping saving I would think it would be worth just buying them. but thats just me. of course if you were looking to find an ongoing supplier for larger amounts, sure I would understand that, but switchcraft minis go for MUCH more than that in some places, and that's forgetting supporting a good and local business

Oct 8, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #10 of 10
I'll make this a little easier for you, I'm bound to make an order from markertek in a few days, if you want just let me know what plugs/cables you need and I'll buy it for you just cover the cost of the parts+ shipping + paypal and I'll ship those parts out to you (if you're ordering a lot, I might ask you to add a bit to cover the additional shipping costs from markertek). But just shoot me a PM if you think I can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back