Buying AKG K701 in Australia?
Nov 1, 2007 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

tz3ling

Head-Fier
I'm interested in getting a pair of these for my setup.. Retail is ridiculously expensive! Is ebay the best place to buy this? Or are there any other better places to get a pair of these in Australia?

Nov 2, 2007 at 6:12 AM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mush77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sydney Hi-Fi wanted ~$700 for a pair when I had a look there about a month ago... Geez.

I'm surprised that they sold AKGs at all. Last time I looked they mainly sold Sennheiser/Philips/Sony

Nov 2, 2007 at 6:49 AM Post #6 of 18
I only saw the 701s. They were moving their premises though, so they may have been selling others. There was also a pair of 650s there, but they were packed away in a box, so I couldn't listen to them, unlike the 701s.

Nov 2, 2007 at 8:46 AM Post #8 of 18
Australian audio prices are ridiculous. I don't know if we are just being ripped off or there is something I am missing. I got my 595's for half the price of what they sell in stores here. I found a pair of HD580's on "super special damaged box markdown" - $300. It makes the mad wallet-waving child inside me cry.

Nov 2, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #11 of 18
Well, with the Aussie dollar doing so well at the moment, its just the hit from shipping. Until the market down here catches up, its just whether you're prepared to wait an extra couple of days for the shipping...

In fairness, Headsonic's price isn't too bad. 701's just took a few steps up the 'Want to Buy' list. Big steps.

Nov 3, 2007 at 11:48 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Jester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Australian audio prices are ridiculous. I don't know if we are just being ripped off or there is something I am missing. I got my 595's for half the price of what they sell in stores here. I found a pair of HD580's on "super special damaged box markdown" - $300. It makes the mad wallet-waving child inside me cry.

Ahh, very true. At least shipping from asia is cheap
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 3, 2007 at 3:02 PM Post #15 of 18
Hmmmm retail shops in Sydney? If you meant headphone stuff, there was one is Castle Towers that stock some higher end headphone stuff, and Len Wallis in Lane Cove. Never auditioned stuff in those places though... Well anyway, I'm trying to see if I could grab a pair off the FS thread, it's probably cheapest that way I guess (though shipping will be a bitch). Thanks guys. Btw, d-cee, I'm thinking of selling my MS2i (still considering), so gimme a msg if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back