Buying a DAC in NYC
Apr 16, 2008 at 8:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

JackCrank

New Head-Fier
Anyone know of any places to buy a $200-300 USB DAC in NYC? I've seen the Cayin DAC at stereo exchange and it looks dope but $800 is definitely out of my price range. Also are there any moderately priced tube DAC's out there?

I know there are a ton of places to buy online but I prefer to buy local and audition first.

Apr 16, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by JackCrank /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know of any places to buy a $200-300 USB DAC in NYC? I've seen the Cayin DAC at stereo exchange and it looks dope but $800 is definitely out of my price range. Also are there any moderately priced tube DAC's out there?

I know there are a ton of places to buy online but I prefer to buy local and audition first.

Perhaps decide on some candidate DACs online, then see if anyone around you has one you can audition in person. I imagine there's no shortage of people with good gear around NYC on this forum.

Apr 17, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #3 of 5
Yeah that'd be cool but i'm looking at upgrading amps later and I'm hoping to build a relationship with a dealer in the area. I figure start small and maybe a deal on some b-stock might follow?

Apr 17, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #4 of 5
They have a pretty big headphone selection at JR Park Row, though I didn't checkout their DACs but I'm sure they have a few. I know that place probably isn't what you wanted to hear, but I'm not exactly an, "in-the-know" type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back