Buyer/Seller etiquette?
Jan 4, 2008 at 2:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

pegleg

100+ Head-Fier
Hi....I'm just curious as to how long you would wait to get PO'd at a seller that has not contacted you since the transaction took place. I am at over a week now and have left very nice PM's and 1 very nice email. The seller has a ton of all positive feedback here, that's why I'm hesitant to go with Paypal action, etc. The sale took place between Christmas and New Years (he was online in that time), so I waited until after the holidays to ask for a shipping timetable. I understand that sometimes things take time, but c'mon a little communication can go a long way. Any sage info would be appreciated. Thanks for listening....Jack
PS...The dollar amount is $200+.

Jan 4, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #3 of 8
Since the Seller has a ton of all positive feedback then I would continue to be patient. For all you know, the person could have been in an accident of some kind and unable to get to a computer. Have you been checking if the person has been logged in when you are?

I would say, give them another week. If still nothing then, in a respectful manner, tell them that you are concerned by the lack of communication and about the money you have paid and leave it at that. No threats, just voice your concern.

Jan 4, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #4 of 8
good feedback or not the seller has an obligation to ship promptly and communicate promptly. The only exception barring incarceration or injury would be if the seller stated they would be away.

Jan 4, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #6 of 8
I'd wait 2-3 weeks before filing a dispute. If you haven't filed one recently, they have changed the dispute/claim process which helps let a seller know you are serious without immediately filing a claim. You start a dispute, which communicates to your seller via submission form, and within 20 days you can escalate to a claim. So filing a dispute after a couple of weeks isn't a big deal if you feel it's warranted, and it should be easy to keep things on the up and up without getting any mediation involved unless things head south from there.

Jan 4, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #7 of 8
Thanks for all of the replies. Patience is one of my virtues, so I'm in no hurry to start a dispute claim (but will in due time if the situation hasn't changed). I have checked this site quite often to try and catch him online, but no luck yet. Like I said, I've sent 2 nice PM's and 1 nice email asking about shipment. I just wanted to get other peoples opinions on the matter and I appreciate the input. I will continue to bide my time, and perhaps start looking for an additional int. amp. Gives me an excuse for buying more toys. Thanks again....Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back