Buyer didn't recieve his item
Jul 10, 2012 at 8:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

LostMySelf

100+ Head-Fier
I sold my Shure SE535 to a guy and that was like a month ago, I told him the package was sent out just two weeks ago because of holidays here in Sweden but he made a dispute on me and now it gonna escalate on the 20th. Is PayPal gonna take all $288 from my visacard just like that? It ain't my fault it might be stuck in US customs.

Jul 10, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #2 of 24
And PayPal is a joke for not letting me make a comment, just "give full refund" options like that..

Jul 10, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #3 of 24
Look at it from the buyers perspective - he paid the money, it's been a month, and he doesn't have the 'phones.  Did you tell him before he bought them that it would take over a month to receive the item?  Have you been communicating with the buyer at least once a week for the last month so he knows what is going on?

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #4 of 24
What's the tracking?  Check it and see where it is.  If it was delivered at the correct address with confirmation- well you have your case and paypal won't take your funds.  If it says it's in customs, direct the buyer to the tracking number and explain there's nothing you can do at this point - a rational buyer would redact the claim until further notice.

If you made no effort at obtaining tracking info then both the buyer and paypal would have to take you at your word that you sent it out - and since you're just a random guy on the internet (as are we all) I see no reason for them to give you the benefit of the doubt.  

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #5 of 24
We have talked regularly. I did send it with standard shipping and that usually takes 1-2 weeks, and yes I got the address right.

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #7 of 24
No I don't, it was standard shipping which have no tracking.

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #10 of 24
Quote:
I don't know what that means - I take it you shipped internationally - which company did you ship with?  Did the buyer ask for this method and/or did you inform him that this method would be untrackable?

Yes, internationally. I shipped with Posten which is Sweden's most known company. He did not ask for method but I told him this is the way I'm gonna ship with since with tracking it's alot more expensive.

Jul 10, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #11 of 24
If the customer accepted a method without tracking then it's his problem.  He has no way of knowing that you actually sent.. well anything, and you have know idea where the item is in transit.  Paypal has been known to yank funds from seller's accounts in the past, but quickly provide them with your correspondence when they inform you of the dispute.  Do you get any sort of receipt when you ship with this company?  Just to prove that you shipped something to America two weeks ago.

Jul 10, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #12 of 24
I sent out my HeadAmp Pico to a guy in Canada one week from today and he recieved it today, which is exactly one week shipping. I assume this guy's package is in US Customs but what am _I_ guilty of? I'm so sick of these paypal disputes because it puts you in a really ugly spot every time.

Jul 10, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Yes, internationally. I shipped with Posten which is Sweden's most known company. He did not ask for method but I told him this is the way I'm gonna ship with since with tracking it's alot more expensive.

Your fault then. 

People are nuts shipping internationally without proper tracking and insurance. If a buyer doesn't want to pay for it, move on. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back