Buy Jena Cryo or Vampire
Mar 31, 2008 at 7:12 AM Post #31 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just shout out "yo Michael! I need some of that stuff!"

I just emailed him...lol

and he actually replies?

i sent several emails requesting a quote (w/ shipping included, fees, etc.)

but no replies
redface.gif

edit: care to post which email you're sending to?

Mar 31, 2008 at 7:17 AM Post #33 of 51
yup. He replies every time. Maybe like a day or two. I prefer not to post his email in public. I'll PM you.

Mar 31, 2008 at 7:20 AM Post #35 of 51
Quote:

oh...lol there you go

I email the mpercy one.

Lol
biggrin.gif

Strangely, the mpercy is on his website .
And the michael is on his catalog
biggrin.gif

So, I sent him both
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 31, 2008 at 7:41 AM Post #36 of 51
Quote:

yup. He replies every time. Maybe like a day or two. I prefer not to post his email in public. I'll PM you.

really?

darn he never seems to reply to me, maybe i sent too many emails (always requesting a total and that i'll pay pal him that total right away).

yeah i sent to those 2 emails too
confused.gif
frown.gif

thanks~

Mar 31, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #38 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by barqy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how did you guys get ahold of percy?

i've been wanting to order some cardas wire to recable my headphones, but he never replies to emails

sent him 4-5 the past 3 weeks
redface.gif

I think Drew at Moon-Audio also carries the Cardas headphone wire if that's what you've got your heart set on.

Mar 31, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #39 of 51
I don't "prefer" it over Jena. It's just that the vampire sounds very good for the price and despite what everyone says about how flexible Jena wire is, the 18gauge is just as stiff as the vampire 20gauge.

So, only the 22gauge version of the Jena is flexible.

Not to mention that the Jena wire is like super expensive...

Mar 31, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #40 of 51
Quote:

Percy's 20gauge is the 22gauge stuff. It is just really thick so he calls it 20gauge.

that is the right stuff on vampirewire.com

Percy does have 100' in the red though if you want that.

I'm not sure. The 20AWG on Percy's says 41 strands x .13mm with a polyurethane insulation. Whereas the 22 AWG on the vampire site says 7/30 stranding, PVC insulation. Doesn't sound the same to me.

Mar 31, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #41 of 51
but when you get the invoice from Percy, it is the same stuff. Same model numbers. ALO uses the same stuff that Percy sells. The description is identical

Mar 31, 2008 at 9:37 PM Post #42 of 51
i don't think the vampire wire that ALO uses for headphones is PVC insulated. Please correct me if I'm mistaken. The other one according to the specs was teflon and I was under the impression that's what ALO uses.

Confusing !!

Mar 31, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #43 of 51
vampire doesn't make a teflon version wire. All PVC.

can you give me a link to the teflon version that ALO uses?

Mar 31, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #44 of 51
maybe I have it confused. The Percy audio says insulation is polyurethane. The vampire site says PVC for the 22AWG. For their silver wires they say insulation is PE. Is there any difference between these insulation types or are they one and the same ?

I sent Vampire an email asking about the 20AWG wire. Here's their response. This is what led me to believe that the wires in question are indeed different.

[size=x-small] ~~~
My email to them:
Hi,

I'm looking for the following and was unable to find it on your website:

Vampire Cast Copper Wire: Extremely high purity (exceeding 6/9) copper wire, cast as opposed to drawn, single crystal (125 meters per crystal) copper. 20AWG stranded (41 strands x 0.13mm) with polyethylene insulation (Clear)

Could you advice what the price per foot for this wire will be ?

thanks,
Manu

their response:

Dear Manu,

Unfortunately, this product is only available via special order. This used to be a staple product for us, a very popular OCC magnet wire. We sold it in 20, 21 and 26 awg. Over the past 3 years, our cost to produce this wire has increased expontentially – and the minimums we have to produce are rather ridiculous. We simply cannot afford to stock this product anymore. The current pricing on this item is something like $1700.00 per 10 lb. spool with a 10 spool MOQ.

I am sorry we could not be of more help. I know many people are very disappointed that we can no longer stock these OCC magnet wires.

Best regards,
[/size]

Jessica Westgate
Manager
Sound Connections Int'l., Inc.
203 Flagship Drive
Lutz, FL 33549
Ph: (813) 948-2707
Fax: (813) 948-2907

Mar 31, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #45 of 51
Uhm, look like that there's some difference here.
Maybe the stuff on Vampire's site is not what ALO use, but those on Percy is correct.
I've just receive an email from Percy about the availability of Vampire 20g, they said I can choose between red or clear insulation. I think they're in stock of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back