Buy iHP-120 now, or wait?
Aug 1, 2004 at 5:09 AM Post #33 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Larson
Of course, iPod = $269+7% = $287.83

iHP-120 = $299.94 - $50 GC. (What can't you buy from Amazon? Its just like how receiving a GC for walmart is like receiving cash.)

The iPod is also available for the exact same price as the iRiver at Amazon. $299.94 - $50 GC. So that puts them at equal level, price aside... which one do you prefer?

If you can decide before the GC deal runs out, you might save a bit of money, but if not, you can get about 10% off of the G4 iPod (or any Apple products for that matter) by getting their Educational Discount. Here is the online store with the updated prices with the discount worked in: http://store.apple.com/1-800-780-500...?type=higherEd (works out to $269 US)

Aug 1, 2004 at 8:14 AM Post #34 of 43
I ended up getting the iHP-120. What swayed me was that i wasn't really losing anything by going with the iHP-120, and if it doesn't pan out, i can sell it for $250 and break even.

Ease of use is very dependent on the person, and i'm used to the iRiver UI anyhow - i own a SlimX iMP-350.

Now i just need some jogging phones for it
etysmile.gif

Aug 1, 2004 at 3:10 PM Post #36 of 43
Um..by the way, the IHP is able to be charged via USB.
eggosmile.gif
Topic and link for usb charging cable at Mistic River I have pretty big claws for hands, and have A) not had any problems using the navi joystick, especially since putting a small, thin, round felt tip on it. The remote is not touchy IMO, it's just right...wierd thing to say about such a convenient thing. Sounds like what REALLY won you over was the "pretty" factor more than anything else...Not liking the GUI is one thing,but with all the features the IHP has over the iPod, that should be the least of ones turn offs IMO..especially since it does what it has to in order for you to navigate to your music...And I thought that's what it's all about..the music ?

Anyway, I sincerely hope you enjoy the iPod.

Aug 1, 2004 at 10:24 PM Post #39 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Larson
I didn't get the iPod. I got the iHP-120.

Yep..caught that..was actually directing that torwards 3double. Congrats on the purchase. For all things Iriver, and good help/support from "other" knowledgable people, come on over to www.misticriver.net We're actually putting together our second Mistic giveaway contest at the moment. The prize is an iFP 1090, courtesy of Mistic River and Iriver. One must obviously be a Mistic member to participate...for all other rules, head on over to Mistic and stay tuned ! The basic premise is to to create an official "new" Mistic Logo, which will also be used as a "tatoo" for the new IHP iSkin cases which are to be released next month. Yes...iSkin !

Aug 1, 2004 at 11:14 PM Post #40 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Spot
...the new IHP iSkin cases which are to be released next month. Yes...iSkin !

Oh man I've been waiting so long to get one too. Imagine if the iSkin's and new firmware release (with gapless!) were released around the same week...

*drool*

Aug 2, 2004 at 12:31 AM Post #41 of 43
Um..lol, actually I would kill someone at Iriver if the firmware was released NEXT MONTH ! The iSkin can wait one more month me thinks !
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 2, 2004 at 4:07 AM Post #42 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Spot
Um..by the way, the IHP is able to be charged via USB.
eggosmile.gif
Topic and link for usb charging cable at Mistic River I have pretty big claws for hands, and have A) not had any problems using the navi joystick, especially since putting a small, thin, round felt tip on it. The remote is not touchy IMO, it's just right...wierd thing to say about such a convenient thing. Sounds like what REALLY won you over was the "pretty" factor more than anything else...Not liking the GUI is one thing,but with all the features the IHP has over the iPod, that should be the least of ones turn offs IMO..especially since it does what it has to in order for you to navigate to your music...And I thought that's what it's all about..the music ?

Anyway, I sincerely hope you enjoy the iPod.

That cable is really a good idea. Too bad it's not included w/the 120..Of course iriver does provide lots of other goodies.
Your mod for the joystick sounds like a good idea as well. I do like the iPod's interface a lot more, though.
I might not've fiddled with the remote enough to really get the hang of it, but it did seem tough to use (user error maybe? lol).

Anyway, I liked how the iriver drove the er-4ss compared to the ipod.

Both players are really good.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back