Buy iHP-120 now, or wait?
Jul 30, 2004 at 10:35 PM Post #16 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Supsup
I bought the iRiver about a month ago.

Every day since i've gotten it, I've been listening to music about 8 hours a day.

It's the best purchase I've made in a long time (besides my 225s)

You obviously want to buy it. Just get it.

The new Head-Fi slogan with apologies to Nike:

Just BUY it!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 30, 2004 at 10:59 PM Post #17 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Spot
And nothing can be better than keeping your prescious in a napsack, while using a fully functional LCD remote, whilst some silly little girl is dropping her iPod down a sewar next to you because her fingers slipped right off that sleek round wheel ! (Actually saw that happen, and couldn't do anything but laugh..she wasn't happy with me laughing at er'...and I thought blondes always had more fun ?)

thats the funniest story i ever heard.

Jul 30, 2004 at 11:55 PM Post #18 of 43
If it were me, and I had the money, I'd buy that sucker right away. Then the real issue is finding the cheapest place RIGHT NOW. Look around in froogle, look on ebay for sure.

Jul 31, 2004 at 12:55 AM Post #19 of 43
hey dudes. I just bought one on a lark from Best Buy because of their return policy. My friend just bought a 4th gen ipod a few days ago and I have listened to that a bit. I was pretty sure I'd return the iriver, because I *really* like the 4th gen ipod.

BUT....the sound is incredible with the iriver. Plenty of volume with my ER-4Ss. The ipod's ability to drive the ipod was, for me, almost adequate. I was planning on getting a 4th gen and some new cans more suited for it.

I really like the iriver, though, although I just got it. I'm going to do a semi- proper comparison soon. But for now, the iriver is sounding really nice.

Jul 31, 2004 at 1:00 AM Post #20 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Double
hey dudes. I just bought one on a lark from Best Buy because of their return policy. My friend just bought a 4th gen ipod a few days ago and I have listened to that a bit. I was pretty sure I'd return the iriver, because I *really* like the 4th gen ipod.

BUT....the sound is incredible with the iriver. Plenty of volume with my ER-4Ss. The ipod's ability to drive the ipod was, for me, almost adequate. I was planning on getting a 4th gen and some new cans more suited for it.

I really like the iriver, though, although I just got it. I'm going to do a semi- proper comparison soon. But for now, the iriver is sounding really nice.

Look forward to the review. When you fall for that sleek, white iPod and decide to sell that iRiver, drop me a pm. I'll take it off your hands.....good guy that I am.
biggrin.gif

Jul 31, 2004 at 2:07 AM Post #21 of 43
Quote:

thats the funniest story i ever heard.

Ha ! You think is SOUNDS funny ? It was such a kodak moment, I swear. And just to be a dick, I think I said something like "don't worry, daddy's got another $450 to throw away on a pretty toy for you". (of course she didn't hear me clearly, cus I was still chuckling when I said it).

That's always sort of pissed me off about the iPod, and Steve's little marketing tactics...Figure, if the iPod came with an LCD remote, no one would EVER need to have it out, to play with it in their hands, and so naturally, a big chunk of their advertising would be lost. I mean, it's no mystery that a big reason to not have an lcd remote aside from the battery of course, is so that when you want to see what's going on, you have to hold it, and of course now everyone and their mother is looking at the thing like "wow..pretty". I just can't fathom holding my IHP in my hand when travelling in NYC. Not that I don't have faith, but you can't trust everyone, and you just never know...

The girl and I were waiting to cross the street, I had my Sony V6's on, listening to the new Interpol Album (Antics), and I looked over at her, cuz she was actually pretty hot, and as she looked up, and met my eyes, I looked down at her soon to be swimming with the mutant fishes iPod, and she looked down at it as if to actually show me how cool she was for having it, she slid her thumb around the dial..well, around the non movable dial..and her stupid ass big nails slipped off the back of it, lost her grip, fumbled it, and finally....If it wasn't for the stupid white buds, I think she'd still have it now. Thing is, (yes, I actually stood there and watched the whole thing transpire), if she hadn't pulled the earphone wire in order to try and pull the whole thing back up to her, it might have just fallen on the ground and missed the grating. But instead, she fumbled with it, decided to grab the HP wire, yank it, and because of that, the momentum of the pull, made the plug come out, and the iPod fly way up and to the left of her...putting it squarely in the center of the sewer grating, only to watch, as the stupid thing with NO CASE, SLID right into the bowels of NYC !

Well, at least the rats are goin hi-tech now !

Jul 31, 2004 at 3:34 AM Post #23 of 43
Hey Sweets that is a totally dope story. I can completely picture that happening on a hot sunny day right on the corner of 23rd and 6th. Damn she must have been fine. Love those NYC women.HAHAAHa! Oh and thanks for those taco flavored kisses.
280smile.gif
280smile.gif

Jul 31, 2004 at 3:57 AM Post #24 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Look forward to the review. When you fall for that sleek, white iPod and decide to sell that iRiver, drop me a pm. I'll take it off your hands.....good guy that I am.
biggrin.gif

I, too look forward to having a chance to a/b these babies. I'm already falling in love with the iriver, though. The radio feature is cool, as is the plug and playability. There are some questions I have about the ipod v.4, though...

Does anyone know if it charges from USB? If so, that's a BIG bonus.

Also, can it be used as a plug and play USB drive like the iRiver? I want to use my DAP for keeping important papers on for school. Seems handy as hell.

If the recording quality of the iRiver is good, that might be too big of a blow against the ipod, since I'm a dj and like to record my sets.

Oh yeah, and the remote is handy, too...kekekeke...

I'll be back (on Sunday)....for now, more listening to my new toy. Yay.

Jul 31, 2004 at 6:33 AM Post #26 of 43
Quote:

Yup, it does. Or so I've read.

Mark Larson: If you're buying from Amazon, this is a pretty cheap option provided you will be buying from Amazon again in the future: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...842326-8413450 . It expires Aug 1st though so if you are sure you want to get it, then you'll hafta get it quick. Plus, shipping is free on orders over $39 so that's not bad.

Jul 31, 2004 at 1:47 PM Post #27 of 43
Quote:

Also, can it be used as a plug and play USB drive like the iRiver? I want to use my DAP for keeping important papers on for school. Seems handy as hell.

Edit: My bad, I thought you were asking if the iriver charged via usb! The 4th gen ipod does charge via usb.

Sorry for my illiteracy.

Aug 1, 2004 at 2:05 AM Post #30 of 43
thanks for the info. My day w/the iriver has been a lot of fun, but alas, the iPod has finally won me over. The USB charging pretty much sealed the deal, as did the fact that the ipod can act as an HD.

I didn't enjoy the interface on the iriver at all. Remote was too touchy, and the joystick was really hard to manipulate (for my big thumbs anyway). Sound was really good. And the volume was much louder.

I can get the ipod for 269 through my school vs the 329 i paid for the iriver. that hammers the coffin shut, for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back