Burson V7 Classic Pro and V7 Vivid Pro - Hi-Fi audiophile solid-state op-amps
May 22, 2024 at 7:01 AM Post #211 of 246
Playmate 2 is ~650 EUR, Kit of 4 V7 is ~240 EUR (with VAT + delivery). So in total, that is 890 EUR. That's why one more set (240 EUR) to just play and swap is quite irrational decision at this point.

But anyway, if I'll plan to upgrade (in years), I'll consider something final and perfect.
You say this but I’m running two pair of V7 Vivids (over $300 in op-amps) in a pair of Fosi ZA3 mono blocs for my speaker chain ($200 in amps). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-Ed

May 22, 2024 at 7:03 AM Post #212 of 246
Playmate 2 is ~650 EUR, Kit of 4 V7 is ~240 EUR (with VAT + delivery). So in total, that is 890 EUR. That's why one more set (240 EUR) to just play and swap is quite irrational decision at this point.

But anyway, if I'll plan to upgrade (in years), I'll consider something final and perfect.
Than take playmate and classic v7 and you're done ! Enjoy mate

May 22, 2024 at 7:36 AM Post #215 of 246
I have a Composer 3x dac, let me do a comparison and i will report back

Alright, so here's what I did.

I swapped out the Burson V6 op-amps in the I/V stage for the Viviv V7 PRO version. Right away, I noticed a clearer sound. The background noise practically disappeared, making the background pitch black. The stereo image is super precise now, with pinpoint accuracy. Both the bass and drums have more impact and hit harder, and the overall sound is louder. The music is way more enjoyable and relaxing already. My head is nodding. Music played is...

1716380456964.png

next stop is v7 vivids in LP stage

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 7:39 AM Post #216 of 246
Alright, so here's what I did.

I swapped out the Burson V6 op-amps in the I/V stage for the Viviv V7 PRO version. Right away, I noticed a clearer sound. The background noise practically disappeared, making the background pitch black. The stereo image is super precise now, with pinpoint accuracy. Both the bass and drums have more impact and hit harder, and the overall sound is louder. The music is way more enjoyable and relaxing already. My head is nodding. Music played is...

1716377535852.png

next stop is v7 vivids in LP stage
We hear, we listen, thanks for effort. Keep it alive.

May 22, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #217 of 246
Hello all,

I own the Burson Playmate 2 (with stock opamp) and the Hifiman Arya Stealth headphones (planar)

In certain compositions, the sound may exhibit excessive brightness and harshness, particularly when coupled with metallic drums or ringing voices. But jazz with deaf drums is simply outstanding, clear with a 360-degree scene. However, I listen to all genres of music: from pop and rap to jazz and instrumental classics.

I saw couple reviews that V6 Vivid removes that harshness and brightness, but reducing sound stage a little bit. Here I see that V7 Classic can be a good upgrade for my planar headphones. Also, the Burson support kindly recommended ordering a pair of V7 Classic Vivid Pro single opamp and a pair of V7 Vivid Pro dual opamp.

What do you think?
Hello,

I think that mixing V7 ProVivid with Classic might be a better choice; in the Soloist 3X Grand Tourer (2023) thread I was chosing the same mix between op-amps and I liked this combo more.

However, a friend of mine prefers full V7 Pro Vivid instead, in a similar Soloist 3X GT device, so I guess it's better to listen for yourself and decide after.

May 22, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #218 of 246
Hello,

I think that mixing V7 ProVivid with Classic might be a better choice; in the Soloist 3X Grand Tourer (2023) thread I was chosing the same mix between op-amps and I liked this combo more.

However, a friend of mine prefers full V7 Pro Vivid instead, in a similar Soloist 3X GT device, so I guess it's better to listen for yourself and decide after.
Unfortunately, it's not possible to listen before, so I need to collect a subjective feedback from people with different hardware on subjective topic :ksc75smile: Some people prefer full V7 Classic, some prefer mixing. Definitely, 4 Vivid will be too bright on my Arya.

And you mix which type on which line?

Screenshot-2024-05-22-at-20-01-31.png

May 23, 2024 at 7:14 AM Post #222 of 246
1.jpg

Burson Audio Composer 3X with Vivid V7 in LP stage. Sound impressions soon..

Ok..now the stereo image is wider, the sound itself is more hardhitting and dynamic. Bass is cleaner but more stereo than mono as with V6.

I prefer V6 in Lp stage. Much more balanced and lesser details in from upper midrange to high frequency.

so thumbs down here for me regarding this configuration. Might be a better match if you use planar headphones, where you want the midrange pushed back a little bit, and add more air and channel separation

May 23, 2024 at 8:27 AM Post #223 of 246
Ok..now the stereo image is wider, the sound itself is more hardhitting and dynamic. Bass is cleaner but more stereo than mono as with V6.

I prefer V6 in Lp stage. Much more balanced and lesser details in from upper midrange to high frequency.

so thumbs down here for me regarding this configuration. Might be a better match if you use planar headphones, where you want the midrange pushed back a little bit, and add more air and channel separation
Thanks! I think about ordering 2 V7 Classic (single) in LP Stage and 2 V7 Vivid (dual) in I/V Stage for my Playmate 2 and Arya planars. Should give more warmth, but not removing too much clarity. But that is based just on subjective opinions of V7 characteristics here.

May 23, 2024 at 8:54 AM Post #224 of 246
Thanks! I think about ordering 2 V7 Classic (single) in LP Stage and 2 V7 Vivid (dual) in I/V Stage for my Playmate 2 and Arya planars. Should give more warmth, but not removing too much clarity. But that is based just on subjective opinions of V7 characteristics here.

yes , might be the safest. I will swap the vivids for something else tomorrow. Ordered classics, but it will take 2 weeks before i recieve them

May 23, 2024 at 9:02 AM Post #225 of 246
yes , might be the safest. I will swap the vivids for something else tomorrow. Ordered classics, but it will take 2 weeks before i recieve them
I went throw the thread about V6 Vivid vs Classic, and found also recommendation to try 2 V6 Vivid (single) in LP Stage and 2 V6 Classic (dual) in I/V Stage (revers from that I wrote before). But V7 has a little bit different signature so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back