Burson V7 Classic Pro and V7 Vivid Pro - Hi-Fi audiophile solid-state op-amps
May 22, 2024 at 4:32 AM Post #196 of 246
Hello all,

I own the Burson Playmate 2 (with stock opamp) and the Hifiman Arya Stealth headphones (planar)

In certain compositions, the sound may exhibit excessive brightness and harshness, particularly when coupled with metallic drums or ringing voices. But jazz with deaf drums is simply outstanding, clear with a 360-degree scene. However, I listen to all genres of music: from pop and rap to jazz and instrumental classics.

I saw couple reviews that V6 Vivid removes that harshness and brightness, but reducing sound stage a little bit. Here I see that V7 Classic can be a good upgrade for my planar headphones. Also, the Burson support kindly recommended ordering a pair of V7 Classic Vivid Pro single opamp and a pair of V7 Vivid Pro dual opamp.

What do you think?

May 22, 2024 at 5:10 AM Post #197 of 246
Hello all,

I own the Burson Playmate 2 (with stock opamp) and the Hifiman Arya Stealth headphones (planar)

In certain compositions, the sound may exhibit excessive brightness and harshness, particularly when coupled with metallic drums or ringing voices. But jazz with deaf drums is simply outstanding, clear with a 360-degree scene. However, I listen to all genres of music: from pop and rap to jazz and instrumental classics.

I saw couple reviews that V6 Vivid removes that harshness and brightness, but reducing sound stage a little bit. Here I see that V7 Classic can be a good upgrade for my planar headphones. Also, the Burson support kindly recommended ordering a pair of V7 Classic Vivid Pro single opamp and a pair of V7 Vivid Pro dual opamp.

What do you think?

Do it. Even the V6 vivid is an upgrade.

May 22, 2024 at 5:23 AM Post #199 of 246
What about composition? 2 Vivid, 2 Classic or 4 Classics? 4 Vivid can be too harsh on my Arya.
I tried all combinations and returned to full V7 classic...has details and space but also emotion, drive and musicality. Unbeatable.... vocals to die for. You can always add V7 vivid in combo later...

May 22, 2024 at 5:28 AM Post #200 of 246
I tried all combinations and returned to full V7 classic...has details and space but also emotion, drive and musicality. Unbeatable.... vocals to die for. You can always add V7 vivid in combo later...
Thank you for a message! Which headphones and Burson amp/dac do you have?

I need to pay for delivery and import taxes for each delivery, so want to minimize deliveries. Already spend 1.5k, but I definitely want to remove that over brightness.

May 22, 2024 at 5:36 AM Post #201 of 246

I need to pay for delivery and import taxes for each delivery, so want to minimize deliveries. Already spend 1.5k, but I definitely want to remove that over brightness.

I'm using the HE1000 Stealth and Playmate 2 with a full V7 classic set. Coming from V6 vivid, it sounds a bit "slower"/"heavier", but more detailed and textured sound. Suits some tracks really well, but music that has a heavy vibe to begin with (stoner metal) is a bit too much. Jazz and classical work well. I might try a pair or V7 vivid at some point.

May 22, 2024 at 5:49 AM Post #202 of 246
I'm using the HE1000 Stealth and Playmate 2 with a full V7 classic set. Coming from V6 vivid, it sounds a bit "slower"/"heavier", but more detailed and textured sound. Suits some tracks really well, but music that has a heavy vibe to begin with (stoner metal) is a bit too much. Jazz and classical work well. I might try a pair or V7 vivid at some point.
I think this is a setup quite close to mine. HE1000 Stealth are also quite bright as Arya Stealth, no?

So I definitely want to upgrade. 4 V7 Vivid are not an option due to the nature of the headphones, so 4 V7 Classic or 2/2.

May 22, 2024 at 6:20 AM Post #205 of 246

You are safe from over brightness with v7 Classic as much as it gets. Order full v7 Classic set and add a few vivid to mix and match later if you really want but for me full Classic is the king ....colors and textures are next level. I have Senn HD660s and Asus STX II. Cheers mate!

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 6:25 AM Post #206 of 246
You are safe from over brightness with v7 Classic as much as it gets. Order full v7 Classic set and add a few vivid to mix and match later if you really want but for me full Classic is the king ....colors and textures are next level. I have Senn HD660s and Asus STX II. Cheers mate!

And if add Vivid, which type and slot I need to get?

May 22, 2024 at 6:36 AM Post #207 of 246
Dont know your dac but usualy you have I/V stage where the conversion is done and LP/buffer stage....if you want to mix and get rid of the brightness in the same time...put classic in the i/v and vivid in buffer. If you do the oposite and put vivid in the I/V , and classic in buffer stage you will get more details and more technical sound... but details can be too much if you have sensitive ears and want to avoid brightness....you will get details but you will lose a bit of emotion, vocals and musicality ...the best is to try and decide as we all have different tastes.

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 6:41 AM Post #208 of 246
Dont know your dac but usualy you have I/V stage where the conversion is done and buffer stage....if you want to mix and get rid of the brightness in the same time...put classic in the i/v and vivid in buffer. If you do the oposite and put vivid in the I/V , and classic in buffer stage you will get more details and more technical sound... but details can be too much if you have sensitive ears and want to avoid brightness....you will get details but you will lose a bit of emotion, vocals and musicality ...the best is to try and decide as we all have different tastes.

Got it, thank you a lot! Problem with mixing, that you need 2 sets of 4 to mix all possibilities. That rise the price to 1000 EUR, which is quite a lot for low/mid-AMP I have (Playmate 2). But anyway, it sounds really great for the price (only volume dial and screen flickering they can't fix).

May 22, 2024 at 6:50 AM Post #209 of 246
Got it, thank you a lot! Problem with mixing, that you need 2 sets of 4 to mix all possibilities. That rise the price to 1000 EUR, which is quite a lot for low/mid-AMP I have (Playmate 2). But anyway, it sounds really great for the price (only volume dial and screen flickering they can't fix).
I paid 3 dual classic 200 eur (vat included) on pre-release deal....1000 is too much dont know how you got this math ...anyway, even at RRP burson v7 is the biggest upgrade for the smallest amount of money in hi fi industry !!!

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 7:00 AM Post #210 of 246
I paid 3 dual classic 200 eur (vat included) on pre-release deal....1000 is too much ...even at RRP....it is the biggest upgrade for the smallest amount of money in hi fi industry !!!

Playmate 2 is ~650 EUR, Kit of 4 V7 is ~240 EUR (with VAT + delivery). So in total, that is 890 EUR. That's why one more set (240 EUR) to just play and swap is quite irrational decision at this point.

But anyway, if I'll plan to upgrade (in years), I'll consider something final and perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back