Burson Soloist 3X Performance Head/Pre Amp - 8Wpc XLR with MUSE72320 volume control
Oct 9, 2023 at 6:08 AM Post #3,031 of 3,139
Couldn't wait another 48 hours and grabbed the Soloist today and hooked it up to ADI-s via a couple of short XRLs. First impressions vs ADI-2 alone: everything bolder, deeper, smoother and there is wider spaces between instruments. Voices are forward, it's like you move a few dozen rows closer to the stage. Very faint white noise in high gain on my MDR-Z1s, pitch black in low and medium gain modes. This thing makes my IER-Z1Rs sing! Settled to medium gain. Overall, very impressed so far. Oh, forgot to add that all listening is in single ended for now as my XLR to 4.4mm has not arrived yet.

Testing active monitors tomorrow. The only thing is, I have to bypass Soloists' volume control since the sub is fed from the ADI-2 RCA. I prefer using it this way with the headphones as well.

Oct 10, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #3,033 of 3,139
SP02 modules available today for 3XGT owners- mine is bought/shipping in process.

Oct 10, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #3,035 of 3,139
What do you mean averagely refine ? Are you trying to say his ears has limitation compare to most of us ?
Q was not to me but if I might add, the YT channel convincemeaudio has a great interview with Z. Nice opportunity to get to know Z better in a 1 to 1 relaxed chat.
He explains he's not into refinement for the sake of it, at all. He wants deviation, a character to his liking. So his priorities are not neutral and is honest about it.

Oct 12, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #3,036 of 3,139
Good morning...

I am a resident of Brazil.

Can you help me with this problem? I bought a burson 3xp + conductor 3xp about 2 years ago in the heaf-fi classifieds. The Burson 3xp always turned off, after a few minutes on, it used so little that it didn't bother me, I thought it could be some adjustment to the sockets, cables, or extension cord. I contacted Burson for help and guidance, I intend to restore it right here in Brazil with some guidance... It turns off and on after 20 minutes, it happens without music playing... It heats up after 20 minutes and the shutdown begins.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #3,037 of 3,139
Bom Dia...

Sou residente no Brasil.

Você pode me ajudar com esse problema? Comprei há uns 2 anos no cabeçote fi classificado, um burson 3xp + condutor 3xp, ele sempre desligava, depois de alguns minutos ligados, porém usei tão pouco que não me incomodou, acho que pode ser algum ajuste de tomadas, cabo de extensão. Entrei em contato com o Burson para ajuda e orientação, pretendo restaurar aqui com algumas orientações... Ficar desligando e ligando depois de 20 minutos, acontece sem música tocando... Ligo, mesmo sem música jogando após 20 minutos Dê alguns cliques e desligado -o.
This sounds like an RMA problem to me. What did Burson offer to do for you when you wrote to them?

Oct 12, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #3,038 of 3,139
Isso parece um problema de RMA para mim. O que Burson se ofereceu para fazer por você quando você escreveu para eles?

Isso parece um problema de RMA para mim. O que Burson se ofereceu para fazer por você quando você escreveu para eles?
Ryan, he's been answering all my emails, asking for information about when I bought it... I hope it's something he can guide me through. A part that I can buy from them and exchange in Brazil, as I think it would be very complicated to send from Brazil for repair abroad.
Attachments.

I use it very little, as I like DAPs more due to the convenience, but when I want to have a reference with maximum quality I use the set... I used it very little, I believe it came with the aforementioned defect... I turned it on a few minutes ago in a little while The clicking and shutting off begins.

Attachments

• Imagem do WhatsApp de 2023-10-12 à(s) 17.40.29_3273a045.jpg
    Imagem do WhatsApp de 2023-10-12 à(s) 17.40.29_3273a045.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 13, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #3,039 of 3,139
What can you tell about this? Level wise. Same niche? Thanks
@qsk78 no, both are very different amps. If you are coming from sound signature side, than ifi used to have kind of house sound and Pro iCan for me is example of it. Hard to describe unless you spend sometime with it however this applies mostly to solid state mode, with tube and tube+ mode it is a bit different. Secondly I dislike Burson volume control via knob, ifi has a lot better volume control. Burson seems to be too powerful sometimes, while Pro iCan can be tailored even to IEMs however do not try hard to drive cans like Susvarna with it - it will be waste of your time and money. Burson can sound sometimes faster and dynamic than Pro iCan (especially when tube/tube+ modes are engaged). Burson sometimes seems to slam better.

If you come from functionality side, than ifi product is a clear winner here.

Oct 15, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #3,042 of 3,139
Curious on anyone using 3XP in power amp mode using a tube preamp? Also what gain stage you all feel has best noise free background?

I have MicroZOTL Preamplifier and am curious to gauge how it may sound with 3XP in power amp mode to drive my headphones – low impedance 24 & 70 Ohm dynamic phones with 102db sensitivity.

One of the great aspects of MicroZotl I experience is its silent background and I am hoping this may help to improve sound stage, 3D depth and overall warmness from the 3XP along with its solid-state benefits without introducing further noise.

Oct 16, 2023 at 6:19 AM Post #3,043 of 3,139
Try the Orange amps (not the Burson Classic, the brand Orange). Smooth with imo better dynamics and good soundstage. A little brighter than the stock opamps but still quite warm leaning
Could you advice on the orientation for the Orange op amps? The only clue appears to be dip or A?

Attachments

• IMG_6117.png
    IMG_6117.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back