Burson Soloist 3X Performance Head/Pre Amp - 8Wpc XLR with MUSE72320 volume control
Sep 13, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #1,493 of 3,128
My Burson Soloist 3x doesn’t run HOT anymore, it’s just warm.

Could it have something to do with running the amp in Headphone Power Amp mode?

Sep 13, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #1,494 of 3,128
My Burson Soloist 3x doesn’t run HOT anymore, it’s just warm.

Could it have something to do with running the amp in Headphone Power Amp mode?
I actually put mine on a cooler master laptop pad and it runs nice and warm now. The Burson Soloist ran at 55-56c on my wooden desk and now it’s 46-47c on the cooler master notepad x-slim with the fan off and 37c with the fan on. The pad is essential a large heatsink and should help extend the life of the unit.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #1,496 of 3,128
I actually put mine on a cooler master laptop pad and it runs nice and warm now. The Burson Soloist ran at 55-56c on my wooden desk and now it’s 46-47c on the cooler master notepad x-slim with the fan off and 37c with the fan on. The pad is essential a large heatsink and should help extend the life of the unit.
Mine is hot. I have the stand to keep it sideways and I find that better. Also nothing resting on it too.

Sep 15, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #1,499 of 3,128
Have anyone got Verite Closed using with Burson Soloist 3xp ? What are your thoughts ? Compared burson Soloist 3xp - VC combo with Sparkos aries amp -VC or any other amp combination ? I am still burining in my VC. Does it change much in sound after 200 hrs recommended burn-in period by Zach ?
Depends on your preferences. I think it pairs nicely with ZMF headphones but it can be a bit too much of a good thing imo (mainly in the bass and mids) for some. I've heard great things b/w the sparkos aries amp paired w/ VC but you are paying more than double the price vs a Soloist. So if you are deciding b/w Soloist and Aries I'd probably go with the Aries. But if you are on a budget then getting the Soloist wouldn't be a bad option. If you think the pairing is a bit too much then I would swap the opamps for Sparkos opamps or Staccato opamps for a more neutral tuning. So, depends what you are after.

And, yes, it does get better after burn-in in my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back