Burson Soloist 3X Grand Tourer Head Amp/Pre Amp w/Sub out - 10W XLR
Oct 6, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #46 of 2,273
Possibly although SR1A ribbon hp + sub is a real thing with many people going this route. Not sure it makes sense with planars but it could be fun if you want to feel the impact of bass. Who knows it may add something ...
My tube preamp has dual RCA output so I am able to listen to Susvara + a Presonus Sub8 subwoofer which normally is just part of the near-field listening set up. It’s a reaaaaaally cool experience which will eventually get picked up as more people gain access to this type of functionality. Never under-estimate the capability of audiophile hype and novel audio experiences 😂

Oct 11, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #47 of 2,273
Does anyone have their Soloist GT yet? Eagerly awaiting some impressions and reviews.

Oct 11, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #49 of 2,273
Does anyone have their Soloist GT yet? Eagerly awaiting some impressions and reviews.
Doesn’t it ship in November?

sandu And Lachlan both confirmed they will be getting units for review but not confirmed the timing.

Oct 21, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #54 of 2,273
Lachy (Passion for Sound) has posted a teaser for it too … keen to hear what this sounds like!

Oct 21, 2021 at 5:30 AM Post #55 of 2,273
Lachy (Passion for Sound) has posted a teaser for it too … keen to hear what this sounds like!
has Lachlan posted similar teasers for other products he reviewed? I’m not sure; if not, then just the fact of having such a teaser means Lachlan is excited with the product’s performance and that this bodes well for the GT. *wishful thinking*

Oct 21, 2021 at 5:31 AM Post #56 of 2,273
He hasn’t done this before and yeah he’s excited — even in the comments.

Oct 21, 2021 at 5:32 AM Post #57 of 2,273
Bonus points for Honest Trailers guy's voice and using a Noctua fan!
Disagree about the best sounding opamps in the world part, but since they are swappable, I can overlook that part. :wink:
Definitely curious about this one...
I am a bit disappointed that the narrator did not have an Aussie accent tbh. They should have gotten someone who sounds like a Hemsworth methinks! 😂

Oct 21, 2021 at 5:34 AM Post #58 of 2,273
He hasn’t done this before and yeah he’s excited — even in the comments.
Oh I missed reading the comments. I am now super excited to receive mine. Out or all the new amps (Volot, Oor-Hysos, GT), it’s the GT I was confident to pre-order blindly.

Oct 21, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #59 of 2,273
I am a bit disappointed that the narrator did not have an Aussie accent tbh. They should have gotten someone who sounds like a Hemsworth methinks! 😂
That why Lachlan has it first he’ll give it a proper review.

im Still nervous about the fan as a failure point. Also usually the big boy amps that produce this much power don’t have fans but the orhers Have much Better isolation. If you look at the volot or wells audio stuff there are crazy internal heat shield as what GoldenSound will call Galvanic isolation.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #60 of 2,273
im Still nervous about the fan as a failure point.
Since it's Noctua, I'm less worried. Highly regarded as CPU or case fans in the PC world.

Also usually the big boy amps that produce this much power don’t have fans but the orhers Have much Better isolation. If you look at the volot or wells audio stuff there are crazy internal heat shield as what GoldenSound will call Galvanic isolation.
Might be to keep the size sane or to allow vertical operation, but it looks packed, I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back