Burson Soloist 3X Grand Tourer Head Amp/Pre Amp w/Sub out - 10W XLR
Sep 30, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #31 of 2,266
I’m still skeptical on headphone + sub with the exception of ribbon driver headphones like Raal SR1a and Audeze LCD-R. But those need more power line estats or speaker amp so this won’t work. Not sure about a susvara or phi tc + sub experience.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #33 of 2,266
I have Audeze LCD3, Meze Empyrean, ZMF Verite Closed and I also ordered Verite Open and Abyss 1266 Phi TC. Do you think this Burson is a good idea for Abyss?
We’re all still speculating but my guess is yes. Will use it for Susvara and TC.

Sep 30, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #34 of 2,266
I’m still skeptical on headphone + sub with the exception of ribbon driver headphones like Raal SR1a and Audeze LCD-R. But those need more power line estats or speaker amp so this won’t work. Not sure about a susvara or phi tc + sub experience.
sus with sub might be a revelation. Tc maybe not as much?

Oct 1, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #37 of 2,266
I have the Conductor 3XReference and have recently upgraded my headphones to the 1266 TC and I am thinking of going to a separate DAC/amp system so this Grand Tourer really has my interest. Looking forward to hearing some peoples impressions.

Oct 1, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #38 of 2,266
I’m so curious about this amp. I am a huge fan of Burson Audio. I’ve owned a number of their products in my journey. Starting with the Conductor CV2+. Then moving on to the Conductor 3X Reference. Then more recently the Soloist 3XP. All were superb, highly resolving, and spacious sounding.

What I thought was missing from the 3XR and Soloist was some body, weight and musicality compared to the older CV2+. I do get that the evolution of sound Burson was going for in the newer products. I‘m glad they still offer you a chance to get the older house with the V6 Classic op-amps. if I do decide to get this amp I may pick up a set.

With the release of the Soloist 3X GT it may be time to move on from my Burson Timekeeper power amp. What Burson has produced in the Soloist 3X GT is amazing. Even though I have a couple of great amps already in the Formula S with Powerman and GS-X MK2 I really want this amp.

I had the Conductor CV2+ before too but this GT has me intrigued even though I've gone full throttle on tube amps.

Oct 3, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #39 of 2,266
Please forgive me if this is a stupid question, this bit about a subwoofer? I dont get it. So it is going to try and give you the feeling of a subwoofer in the sound you hear from your headphone? Surely thats bloody difficult to do :relaxed: :relaxed:

Oct 3, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #40 of 2,266
No it allows you to attach a subwoofer while you listen to headphones.

Oct 6, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #41 of 2,266
This unit hits the streets very soon I think , I am so looking forward to hearing peoples views on this amp.
Right now I think I am leaning towards the Burson Soloist GT. I love the sound I get from my current Conductor 3X Reference so this would likely be an upgrade to that without a lot of risk.
I would of course need a DAC to go with it as I would be trading my 3XR in so I will have to wait till the funds are available for both or get by with a cheap DAC for now.

Oct 6, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #44 of 2,266
Me too. Although the two are not within the same league in terms of price.

The correct answer is patience.. Once Jay Soulsik, Sandu, and Lachlan get there hands on it you'll get the appropriate feedback you need. On the Niimbus side it's pretty much the standard for solid state performance but it lacks a bit of soul and warmth per feedback as it's certainly not in the same vane as the V281. Soloist 3GT will eventually have a power supply upgrade and you can roll op amps to get the signature you prefer. Still for $2500 I wouldn't expect the technical performance of Niimbus but perhaps it will be more "fun".

Oct 6, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #45 of 2,266
Sounds gimmicky

Possibly although SR1A ribbon hp + sub is a real thing with many people going this route. Not sure it makes sense with planars but it could be fun if you want to feel the impact of bass. Who knows it may add something ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back