Burson Soloist 3X Grand Tourer Head Amp/Pre Amp w/Sub out - 10W XLR
Nov 2, 2023 at 1:52 AM Post #2,116 of 2,327
My GT went through a service center this week. The right channel was lost for an unknown reason.
Interesting thing was when you use a 4 pin XLR headphone output, then the right channel was silent but if you connect your headphones to a 6.3 mm output, then the left channel was playing through both right and left sides of your headphones, regardless the way you connect your DAC to the amp (XLR or RCA).
The verdict was "motherboard repair". I have no idea what was exactly fixed on the amplifer...)

Nov 2, 2023 at 1:59 AM Post #2,117 of 2,327
Seriously swapping opamps in an amp basically made to switch them (whose manufacturer makes opamps) does void the amp’s warranty!?!?

Nov 2, 2023 at 4:36 AM Post #2,118 of 2,327
I just received mine today with a few issues. I ordered the deluxe package with SP2 modules and received the standard package with SP2 installed by the store. Connected everything, then connected power and only one channel works. Getting distortion when turning volume control. The left channel popped on at 45 clicks played until I touched the volume and the left channel shut back off. Clearly there is a quality control issue with these units. I'm patiently waiting for a call back from the dealer...

I'm pretty sure that Burson has tested your product prior to ship it to you. Stil, I'm thinking that one opamp got misaligned during the shipping or got moved a little bit in the socket. Might worth opening up the case (with power cord unplugged) and gently push with your finger on top of each opamp and SP2 regulators, trying to see if their pins are properly inserted in their sockets. Of course, you should contact Burson and do let us now if and how you fixed it. Thanks!

Nov 2, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #2,119 of 2,327
I'm pretty sure that Burson has tested your product prior to ship it to you. Stil, I'm thinking that one opamp got misaligned during the shipping or got moved a little bit in the socket. Might worth opening up the case (with power cord unplugged) and gently push with your finger on top of each opamp and SP2 regulators, trying to see if their pins are properly inserted in their sockets. Of course, you should contact Burson and do let us now if and how you fixed it. Thanks!
I’ll try, it is all distortion now hope it didn’t blow my Atriums

Nov 2, 2023 at 6:53 PM Post #2,120 of 2,327
All inserted correctly, the opamps are still tied down. Since it is brand new I expect a replacement. The store indicated they are waiting for heir tech to re turn so he can contact me. Not sure why I'm waiting for a return number.

Nov 2, 2023 at 10:20 PM Post #2,121 of 2,327
Seriously swapping opamps in an amp basically made to switch them (whose manufacturer makes opamps) does void the amp’s warranty!?!?
The Burson V6 opamps have reverse voltage protection built into them so if you install them backwards it doesn't hurt anything but I don't think that's common with most other opamps so putting them in backwards can damage the amp I believe.

Nov 3, 2023 at 12:45 AM Post #2,122 of 2,327
I’ll try, it is all distortion now hope it didn’t blow my Atriums
Maybe one of the four blue DC trimmers got decalibrated duringbthe shipping, you could use a multimeter and a couple of short wires to measure the DC voltage on the 4-pin XLR plug (headphones disconnected, no music source connected, volume to the minimum!). Compare the DC on left or right channels and get back here with results.

Of course, you can also wait for an authorised service or Burson to provide an official answer.

Nov 6, 2023 at 11:43 PM Post #2,123 of 2,327
Last edited:
Nov 7, 2023 at 12:25 AM Post #2,124 of 2,327
Looks like the specs are the same as the Soloist GT 2023, though...

Nov 7, 2023 at 2:04 AM Post #2,127 of 2,327
Main difference, they removed the fan… that’s how it seems. That could be the reason for me to upgrade.
Costa $2k more.

And the new GT was launched something like 3 months ago.

Very strange strategy from their side.

Nov 7, 2023 at 2:05 AM Post #2,128 of 2,327
another one? it seems like every year they release a new one. looks to be like a yearly release to me. what's next? 2024?
I call it backstabbing your own fanbase… your equipment value falls to pieces… it happens to phones, but a phone does not cost more than 3000 euro.

The joke is, giving a month to think about a preorder price of over 3000 euro, otherwise they won’t give you the supercharger. Are you kidding me? At those prices the supercharger should be standard.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2023 at 2:33 AM Post #2,130 of 2,327
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back