Burson Playmate 2 (3W, ESS9038 DAC, Pre amp, DSD512, USB-C, toslink)
Sep 18, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #121 of 281
OK, I finally figured out, what's the reason of issue, described above - one of my V6 Dual opamps has incorrect groove/notch indicator.
At first I swapped duals, and discovered, that the noise/loud popping sound (aka "fart") is going from the different speaker now.
After that I've rotated the suspicous dual opamp (i.e. inserted it on the board against the recommended way in manual) and voilà - everything is awesome now!
Cudos to Burson's quality control :).
Nope, actually nothing awesome - now there is no sound from that speaker at all.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #122 of 281
OK, I finally figured out, what's the reason of issue, described above - one of my V6 Dual opamps has incorrect groove/notch indicator.
At first I swapped duals, and discovered, that the noise/loud popping sound (aka "fart") is going from the different speaker now.
After that I've rotated the suspicous dual opamp (i.e. inserted it on the board against the recommended way in manual) and voilà - everything is awesome now!
Cudos to Burson's quality control :).
Nope, actually nothing awesome - now there is no sound from that speaker at all.
Have you checked out post #119 in this thread?

I still haven't changed over my V6 Vivids from my old PLAY.

Sep 26, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #125 of 281
Sep 30, 2021 at 4:14 AM Post #127 of 281
I received mine today, really nice build and looks beautiful on the desk.
One question: Does the PCM icon on the screen stutter for you all?
Yes.

Sep 30, 2021 at 6:17 AM Post #129 of 281
So it’s a feature :)?
Yes absolutely, watch it closely under influence of some herbs it might dance with the music you are playing on!!

Sep 30, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #130 of 281
Oct 1, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #132 of 281
Not for me man. Mine doesn't do that.
Interesting! My Conductor 3 Performance (bought directly from Burson) also has the flickering icon.

Oct 1, 2021 at 12:46 AM Post #133 of 281
Response from Burson:

Thank you for your email and support to Burson Audio!

The Flickering icon, that's part of the product design and there is a perfect reason why it is there:

The Playmate is programmed to display the incoming signal sample rate accurately. The incoming audio signal can be anything from 44khz to 768khz and from DSD16 to DSD512. These changes happen from one song to another and sometimes it can change within one song. To ensure accuracy, the Playmate resamples the incoming signal every few seconds. In that moment of resampling, you get this little blink from the icon.This is perfectly normal and does not affect the normal operation of the unit.

We hope for your understanding and continuous support to Burson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back