Burson Play Home Trial Invitation: Amp/DAC/Preamp/Mic input (2Watts pc, op-amp rollers dream)
Oct 9, 2017 at 12:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21
Introducing Burson PLAY!

Starting from 299USD inc. shipping.

Please visit us for more information. https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/play/

Play Music:

It's a high power headphone amplifier with over 2W per channel into 16ohm

It's a reference class DAC feature the ESS9018 DAC chip and Xmos USB receiver. Capable of playing back DSD256, DXD, 32bit / 384khz audio files.

It's a pure Class-A remote controlled preamp.

Burson-Play-S1.jpg

Play Games:
It elegantly fits into any gaming PC, in which case, it draws power from the internal power supply of the PC.

With a high-fidelity mic input, it's the ultimate USB soundcard for any gaming PC.

Burson-Play-S2.jpg

Play with Opamps:
It's the perfect opamp rolling platform, rolling up to 5 opamps to tune its sound to your taste.
Burson-Play-S3.jpg

Loaner program invitation:
Burson is offering fellow head-fiers a chance to trail the Play in return for their evaluation and photos.

1 unit of PLAY will circulate among UK based Head-Fiers.

2 units of PLAY will circulate among Head-Fiers in the USA. (we'll expand the program to include other countries when these two become manageable.)

Each of the PLAY sample pack includes one set of V6-Vivid and one set of V6 Classic opamps.
Head-fiers will have a trial period of one week and then he/she must cover the cost of sending the sample pack to the next Head-fier.

We do not encourage reviewers to fit the PLAY into their PC case as the installation process could damage the cosmetic of the sample unit. Also, installing it into a PC case will make it difficult to roll opamps.

The reviewer needs to commit to sharing his/her evaluation and photos with fellow Head-fiers in this discussion thread.

How to Apply:
Please express your interest by posting the below information onto this thread.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new...-rollers-dream-tour-details-on-page-3.860882/
  • Your city of residence and country. (please don't disclose your real name and full street address.
  • A list of your current audio equipment and headphones
  • A photo of your audio system

Once a week, Burson will select and announce the next round of reviewers and PM each one for delivery details.

Burson Audio Stay updated on Burson Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BursonAudio https://twitter.com/bursonaudio http://www.bursonaudio.com/products/
Oct 10, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #2 of 21
I'd love to give it a try! The Analog Mic Input is excellent as I do a lot of recording with my Shure Condenser Mic,

Myrtle Beach SC
My Equipment list can be found here, or in the spoiler below
Headphone Inventory:
Hifiman HE 4 [Mango Wood Cups DT 880 Classic Pads]
Bill-P Modded ATH ES10 [Custom Wood Cups + Leather Pads]
Nhoord Red V1
Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii
Superlux HD 668B
AKG K240 Sextett MP [SPC Litz Recable to 4PIN XLR]
Sony MDR V6
KRK KNS 6400
Sony ZX 300
Koss TD/75
Beyerdynamic Dt 880 Pro 250ohm
Byerdynamic Dt 990 Pro 250ohm
Koss Pro dj 200
Koss Pro dj 100
Koss Porta Pro
Fostex T50p Mad Dog Modded Cans [With Alpha Pads]
Audio Technica ATH w1000x [With L3000 Leather Pads(Purrin Modded)]
Akg K550
Ath a900x
Beyerdynamic Dt 880 Premeuim 600 Ohm [Fully Balanced Recable]
Sound Magic HP100 [With w1000x Pads]
ShurEyal 840 [Modded Shure 840]
Logitech UE 6000
Denon AH D2000 Custom Cocobolo Wood Cups Balanced D7k Cable
Hifiman HE 400 Toxic Balanced Cable and J$ Pads
Audio Technica AD 2000x
Senn Grado [Walnut Wood Cups Modular Balanced Cable]
Allesandro MS1i [Walnut Wood Cups]
LA D5k [Austrialian Sheok Wood Lawton Pads, 4pin XLR Termination]
Audio Technica AD 900X
Beats Solo2
Fostex TH X00
ZMF Atticus
Audeze LCD 2 Rev 2.2 Non Fazor
Maple Cupped/Black Limba Sleeved Magnum V7
Headphone Amp Inventory:
Gemtune APPJ PA1502A
Project Ember II
Geek Out V2+
HeadAmp Pico Power
JDS Labs cMoy BB 2.03 2x9V Rechrageable
Fiio E11
Indeed G3 Modded
MilletMax Hybrid 12ua7 Tube with RCA 5963 12ua7 Tubes
Matrix M-Stage
Jds Labs C5 [Half Bass Boost Factory Mod]
iBasso PB2 [LME 4990 OpAmps]
Schiit Vali
Schiit Vali 2
Garage 1217 Project Starlight
JDS Labs The Element
iFi Audio Micro iCan SE
Source Inventory:
Behring UAC 202
Hifiman HM901
LG V20
Geek Out v2+
Hifiman Hm 601 8G [Rock Boxed]
Shanling M2s
iPod Nano (4) 3'd gen
Hifiman Hm 602 8G
Audio Poutine ODAC
Hifiman HM 801
LG V10
JDS Labs The Element
Cable Inventory:
Blue Jean Cables RCA
Blue Jean Cables Coaxial

BTG Hybrid Midnight Cable with Half Sleeve
ZMF Cables OFC Copper
Various Modular Cables Built by cCasper TFG
Power-Related Components:
Furman Power Conditioner
Pangea Audio AC14
20171010_095814.jpg

20171010_100327.jpg

20171005_164024.jpg

Forgive the bad lighting, but there it is. Top pic is my desk as of today, I've got a JDS Labs EL Dac and OL Switcher in home for review atm, beneath is my portable sources/amps and finally my recording station when It's in use. Consist of my Laptop and my Behringer UAC 202 for recording, with my Mic Fed into Audacity VIA USB. Having a single unit that did both a DAC and ADC conversion would be ideal, plus I love that you can roll in different op amps in with the 9018 dac implementation, sadly it's no longer with my but I loved my iBasso PB2 because I could roll opAmps into it! I had some LME 49990's for the longest time, so a desktop unit with the same setup would really be very cool! So all in all, I'd love to get to hear this one!

Oct 16, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #4 of 21
Oct 18, 2017 at 6:38 AM Post #5 of 21
Oct 18, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #6 of 21
I ordered mine when the notice came out. The original email indicated shipping to start on the 15th but I have not heard if it has shipped yet. Excited as my LH Labs Infinity v2.0 has been at LH Labs for 3 months now and no comments yet when it will be ready.

I have the v6 vivid in the DAC section and will have available to try in the amp section the v6 vivid, v6 classic, v5 as well as the v5i.

I am not sure which headphones it would pair best with but I will throw a few at it such as the

HE-400i
HE-500
HE-560
HE-6

for starters.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #7 of 21
I ordered mine when the notice came out. The original email indicated shipping to start on the 15th but I have not heard if it has shipped yet. Excited as my LH Labs Infinity v2.0 has been at LH Labs for 3 months now and no comments yet when it will be ready.

I have the v6 vivid in the DAC section and will have available to try in the amp section the v6 vivid, v6 classic, v5 as well as the v5i.

I am not sure which headphones it would pair best with but I will throw a few at it such as the

HE-400i
HE-500
HE-560
HE-6

for starters.
today I got an email from BURSON stated the shipping will start from 25 this month and the tracking will be updated after few days

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #8 of 21
today i got email from BURSON stated the shipping will me start from 25 this month and the tracking will be update after few days
Grats! Here's to hoping I get to join you state side

Oct 30, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #14 of 21
Received my shipping notice, now just have to wait. Thanks Burson / Alex.

Nice! I was asked for my shipping information but no tracking number just yet, soon hopefully!!

Nov 1, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #15 of 21
Received my shipping notice, now just have to wait. Thanks Burson / Alex.

It is going to be a couple of weeks before I get to listen. Alex contacted me today even before it hit the US shores and indicated there was a concern with my unit. A replacement should arrive in a couple of weeks. I had ordered the base unit with a pair of Vivid's and Classic singles so I can still enjoy these using my Lycan.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back