Burson HA-160D or Eximus DP-1
Jun 2, 2012 at 2:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

rfilho

New Head-Fier
Hi, I just got my new Burson HA-160D to pair with my Grados HF-2. It's my first good amp and I really got impressed with it while listening to all my music (classical and eletronic). I have a few SACD's and DVD-A's and they sound great, I can't stop listening to them.

I'm really into a more clear sound, intruments separation and soundstage. After reading about the Eximus I got the conclusion that it is a much better overall amp and dac.

Do you think it would be much better to return the Burson and order an Eximus?

Thanks a lot!

ps.: I'm ordering also an HD800 with upgraded cables (probably the Silver Dragon

Jun 2, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #2 of 8
Eximus is a dedicated DAC with an addition of HO while Burson is a dedicated amp with an additional DAC. Two completely different beasts and if you are looking for a good amp you are better off iwth Burson.

Jun 2, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #5 of 8
Why balanced? burson pairs very well with the HD800's. I came across this review recently. 

In my opinion,  give it a try with the HD800's first and decide to upgrade or not. 

Jun 2, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #7 of 8
genießen Sie die Musik 
smile.gif

Jun 3, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #8 of 8
Both are excellent amp/dac or dac/amp or whaterver you want to call it.  Each is on top or near the top in their price/performance category.  But if your budget allow try out the DP-1, its very good.   I been using mine for a couple of months now and this thing keep amazing me every time i listen to it.  I even like it better than my Little Dot MK6+ for low impedance high efficient phones, like D7000, DX-1000 and LFF Paradox.  It only lose out to the LCD-2 which in my opinion is a little under powered to drive them as the MK6+ can. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back