Burson Discrete Opamps???
Jul 28, 2008 at 12:09 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by majkel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Regarding the I/V conversion - as Pars said, there is quite a lot of discrete I/V stage designs to try, competing with conversion on a tube. There is just no need for the negative feedback in such circuits while the op-amps make it a must.

Come again
confused.gif
?.
So how exactly does a discrete I/V circuit sets its closed loop gain, controls loading errors, or compensates for differences between the positive and negative signal excursions? And how does it control distortion due to component tolerances?

On a separate note: I keep noting that I/V circuits are sold here as the final solution, but where are the fundamentals that back up this head-fi theory? Are there any scientific papers or electronics formulas to underpin such hypothesis?

Jul 28, 2008 at 1:13 PM Post #17 of 23
Jul 28, 2008 at 1:24 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll know soon as I have a pair of duals in the mail to me now.
I plan to give them a try in my MH CD25 in replace of the opa627's in there now.

Oh, and Burson apparently has a new version that does not need to be grounded?

Let us know how they sound.

I actually preferred the OPA2134s to the dual OPA627s in my CD25 - more organic, textured sound.

Jul 28, 2008 at 1:43 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyB1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Come again
confused.gif
?.
So how exactly does a discrete I/V circuit sets its closed loop gain, controls loading errors, or compensates for differences between the positive and negative signal excursions? And how does it control distortion due to component tolerances?

On a separate note: I keep noting that I/V circuits are sold here as the final solution, but where are the fundamentals that back up this head-fi theory? Are there any scientific papers or electronics formulas to underpin such hypothesis?

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/for...stages-195495/
Start with Malcolm Hawksford's paper. Many of the available stages are based on Jocko's postings on diyaudio.

Aug 3, 2008 at 6:05 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1UP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bumping this. The Burson modules are supposedly just OEMs from a Chinese manufacturer, who has released new designs and they are hella cheaper (e.g. single less than an OPA627), though ordering may be a less transparent process.

н¨ÍøÒ³ 1

diyAudio Forums - Discrete OPAMP

Anyone gonna TOFTT?

Although there is a striking similarity, that's just a coincidence. You can be almost certain that Burson make their own modules.

Aug 3, 2008 at 12:47 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cauhtemoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although there is a striking similarity, that's just a coincidence. You can be almost certain that Burson make their own modules.

care to expand on your reasoning here?

The pictures are very similar. I have a pair of Burson duals here that arrived last week, but have not had time to do anything with them yet. they are similar, yet quite different. But this could also be due to the fact that I have the new version that doesn't require an additional grounding, which the units in the pictures clearly do.

Oct 23, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #23 of 23

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by minivan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i was given a pair of these by a local headfier 'sydneyaudio', used that to replaced the opamp of my zhaolu d3 dac, and it does made a different, the sound open up and is easier to listen to.

But... are they really worth their lofty price???Do they make that much of an improvement?

Bit late reaction but better react then never comment

But... are they really worth their lofty price???
I was a little sceptical but ones inserted , they will not be replaced with those plastic opamps

More then over 10 times i feld realy into a shock, by the first half an hour warmingup (they can become nice heated up)
Not any opamp come near this burson (i had opa2604 but now they are in the trashcan)
They need burnin time to get all out of the opamp
It is just as nice focusing like vinyl so easily do.
Bass is very very tide, mids and hights are amazing.
Twin voices are now clearly absolutely seperate with the opa2604 it was one setting one direction.

So you won`t get sorry when you order them ... a 10 ++++

Users who are viewing this thread

Back