Burson Conductor Virtuoso Thread.
Jul 22, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #301 of 347
Speakers question for everyone...what speakers are you using?

I'd like to get a pair so I can listen to stuff off my computer (games, video recordings) instead of constantly using my headphones. If I'm not mistaken since the conductor has RCA out, I would need powered speakers? I have considered the Audioengine series, but would like to know what others are using.

Speakers don't need to be flagship as I pref music from headphones and budget wise at/under $500.

Thanks.

Jul 22, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #302 of 347
  Speakers question for everyone...what speakers are you using?

I'd like to get a pair so I can listen to stuff off my computer (games, video recordings) instead of constantly using my headphones. If I'm not mistaken since the conductor has RCA out, I would need powered speakers? I have considered the Audioengine series, but would like to know what others are using.

Speakers don't need to be flagship as I pref music from headphones and budget wise at/under $500.

Thanks.

the A5+ do work well for what they are. Emotiva has their Airmotiv line of powered speakers. 

I've actually ran my home PC system with an audioengine cheap dac, emotiva mini x100 amp and Kef R100 non powered stand mounts. After using that for a while I felt it was a waste of $1300 bucks to run the kef r100's. I eventually removed the Emotiva amp and R100 speakers and purchased some Audioengine A2+ and 8 inch Energy sub and have been pleased with the non critical duties.

Determine how critical you want to be with this speaker setup.....

Jul 22, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #304 of 347
At my computer, I have Audioengine A2s hooked up to the preamp out of my Conductor. Works fine for general purposes when I can't or don't feel like wearing headphones. More critical listening goes to headphones or my speaker setup, which seems like what you're planning to do too. 

I like the A2s because they look good and are small enough to fit under my displays but of course you've got tons of options out there. Either way, you are right about powered speakers -- it would be the easiest way to hook up speakers to your Burson. 

Jul 23, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #305 of 347
After listening to a number of the usual suspects, eg Yamaha, krk, genelec....., I went with the jbls lsr 2325.

But NOTE I was not looking for gaming but for music and I do enjoy nice mids. The update on those jbls are now the lsr305p.

Great reviews everywhere on these

I also prefer it when it's two active monitors rather than a slave and master set up.

Jul 26, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #307 of 347
  thanks all. Will review the suggestions.

These are on Massdrop:
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/swan-m200-mkiii-speaker-system?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Community%20-%20Audiophile%20-%20MAU%20%28Active%29&utm_campaign=Audiophile%20A%20Product%20Announcement%202015-07-26&utm_content=B&mode=guest_open&referer=2AQXWA

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/yamaha-hs7-studio-monitor?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Community%20-%20Audiophile%20-%20MAU%20%28Active%29&utm_campaign=Audiophile%20A%20Product%20Announcement%202015-07-26&utm_content=B&mode=guest_open&referer=2AQXWA

Jul 29, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #308 of 347
Just upgraded from a HA-160DS to Burson Conductor Virtuoso ESS9018

I can already tell a difference. Using my same Sennheiser HD800

It has only been an hour into music but I can go ahead and describe a few things.

I am not sure if this amp needs to be burned in but we will see any difference after 400 hours.

My old Burson cranked up maxed volume is around Volume number 80 on the Virtuoso. The volume can go up higher now.

Words that come to mind are Airy, Warm, Analytical, Crisp, Bright. I have yet to have a boring song. 

The unit is Noticeably Heavier, Going to Tap Plastics soon to make my own polycarbonate clear top for it, perhaps buy a 3 pin white LED strip while I am at it.

Jul 30, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #309 of 347
  Just upgraded from a HA-160DS to Burson Conductor Virtuoso ESS9018

I can already tell a difference. Using my same Sennheiser HD800

It has only been an hour into music but I can go ahead and describe a few things.

I am not sure if this amp needs to be burned in but we will see any difference after 400 hours.

My old Burson cranked up maxed volume is around Volume number 80 on the Virtuoso. The volume can go up higher now.

Words that come to mind are Airy, Warm, Analytical, Crisp, Bright. I have yet to have a boring song. 

The unit is Noticeably Heavier, Going to Tap Plastics soon to make my own polycarbonate clear top for it, perhaps buy a 3 pin white LED strip while I am at it.

I found the virtuoso to be rough around the edges upon initial listening. I'm fine with it now but in the beginning it wasn't impressive straight out of the box.

Aug 11, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #310 of 347
I heard the virtuoso paired with a LCD-3 at a noisy audio show environment and it was pretty awesome.  I listened to 3-4 songs, and it was just beautiful.  The source was a AK Jr though.  But since the DAC is using the Burson I guess it doesn't matter.  The clear top might have had something to do with it too.  

Sep 4, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #311 of 347
Tyll Hertsens suggested conductor virtuoso should be among the top league, and would probably release some more comment soon...cheers

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/show-newport-2015-burson-audio-soloist-and-conductor-virtuoso-headphone-amps#rHMxSOj03yPFkeJY.97

Sep 24, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #313 of 347
  Regarding the hiss comments, could it be the Sabre DAC? I hear no hiss with the LCD-XC with the Wolfson DAC. Sounds very good too. 

Is the hiss with both the preamp and headphones? On the older thread someone wrote about a hiss problem when using the preamp out. But not when using headphones.  I don't know if they ever found a solution for it though.

Sep 25, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #315 of 347

Is the hiss with both the preamp and headphones? On the older thread someone wrote about a hiss problem when using the preamp out. But not when using headphones.  I don't know if they ever found a solution for it though.

I hear no hiss with my active speakers through the pre out and I hear no hiss with my LCD-XC. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back