Burson Conductor 3XGT
Jan 13, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #91 of 169
Hey guys - new owner of the Conductor 3X GT here with the 5A super charger. Does anyone experience any hiss when using the Super Charger? I'm plugging it directly into the wall outlet...just wondering if the hiss is RFI or EMI related as it's not always there.
The only noise mine ever made was a loud bang when it died. Burson sent me a replacement though but I haven't used it yet.

Jan 13, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #93 of 169
Eeeek! What happened? Was that with the super charger?

I was just using my computer like normal when I heard a loud bang. First I thought a gun I had nearby randomly went off, but then I realized it was not quite loud enough. My second thought was that a capacitor in something popped and I checked all my nearby equipment and realized my Burson Conductor 3X GT was no longer on; and I noticed the power light wasn't lit on the Supercharger. So I unplugged it and swapped it for the standard power supply which functioned normally. Afterward I checked the voltage of the Supercharger when plugged in and it wasn't producing any. I had it connected to a UPS which was connected to a series mode surge protector with automatic voltage regulation. Nothing else connected suffered any damage (computer, monitor, label printers, etc.), so I don't think it had anything to do with a power surge, so I assume a capacitor in it just randomly blew.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2023 at 8:03 PM Post #94 of 169
Apparently Burson recommends that the power supply be directly plugged into the wall without any other circuit along the way (such as surge protector etc). My hiss is random and is probably radio frequency or electromagnetic interference but only affects the Super Charger and not the normal power supply.

Jan 14, 2023 at 8:37 PM Post #95 of 169
Hey guys - new owner of the Conductor 3X GT here with the 5A super charger. Does anyone experience any hiss when using the Super Charger? I'm plugging it directly into the wall outlet...just wondering if the hiss is RFI or EMI related as it's not always there.
are you getting the hiss if you use the blu tooth vs the USB

Jan 15, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #96 of 169
are you getting the hiss if you use the blu tooth vs the USB
Didn't test out the Bluetooth. It's via USB and the hiss is not consistently there. Sometimes I switched it off and on and the hiss disappeared. I've attached those ferrite cores around the power and USB cables and I'm not sure if it's helpful. I'm going to try leaving the power supply plugged in and switched on (with the amp off) and see if that does anything with the hiss the next time I switch the amp on.

Jan 15, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #97 of 169
I can't say this will fix the issue or not, but I like the use of this and it does seem to make the DAC/AMP sound a little better... its the ifi purifier3
https://ifi-audio.com/products/ipurifier3/
also, just a thought.... some confuse the fan noise... even if its a small amount of noise if you are using open headphones it could get into the ears... I have found it makes a difference if you listen with the amp standing on its side you need to have the amp on the left side... I know, it sounds crazy saying that, but by placing the amp to the left will also place the fan away from you... if the amp is on the right side the fan is facing you... play around with it and you should be able to see that there is a difference to the fan noise that way... hope this helps you out... in either case the ipurifier3 does make a difference for you, it should give you a blacker background

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2023 at 7:38 PM Post #98 of 169
I can't say this will fix the issue or not, but I like the use of this and it does seem to make the DAC/AMP sound a little better... its the ifi purifier3
https://ifi-audio.com/products/ipurifier3/
also, just a thought.... some confuse the fan noise... even if its a small amount of noise if you are using open headphones it could get into the ears... I have found it makes a difference if you listen with the amp standing on its side you need to have the amp on the left side... I know, it sounds crazy saying that, but by placing the amp to the left will also place the fan away from you... if the amp is on the right side the fan is facing you... play around with it and you should be able to see that there is a difference to the fan noise that way... hope this helps you out... in either case the ipurifier3 does make a difference for you, it should give you a blacker background
Oh you've given me an idea! I actually have this ipurifier3 (for the Focal Arche)! I'm assuming you are using an adaptor to convert the USB-B to USB-C? I can't seem to be able to locate a USB-B male to USB-C adaptor.

I've been careful about the fan noise as I realise I could have been confused between the two. The hiss is higher frequency and only affects the left channel. Sometimes the hiss disappears when I switch off and on the amp a few times. Hopefully it's not a technical fault. When using the normal power supply and not the super charger, there is no hiss.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2023 at 10:20 PM Post #100 of 169
Got mine from my local Burson dealer in Melbourne (Addicted to Audio). I managed to find a USB-B male to USB-A adaptor so I'll try out the ipurifier3...just lots of connections (hopefully that doesn't degrade the sound). In the mean time, I've written to Burson about the hiss so we'll see what they say.

Jan 15, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #101 of 169
Let us know how it goes.. also let us know what you think of the sound with the purifier... I like it personally but would like to know what you think... try it with the super charger and without... best of luck

Jan 16, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #104 of 169
I have too many and will be trying out headphones to end up with three. 2022 focal Utopia, Audeze lcd5, Sony mar-z1r, Fostex th900 mkii,Hifiman HE6se v2 and Audeze lcdx.
Pretty sure I will keep Utopia and HE6se v2, I want one more. So it will be a home competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back