Burson Conductor 3XGT
Sep 4, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #76 of 169
The pic I posted is from the manual, it doesn't have any legends/labels. I have scoured their site and that's the closest one that's being helpful. I have also looked at the manuals of other models to look for a consistent pattern/layout, and it seems it can go differently for each model that's why I'm apprehensive to just follow the layout for the Soloist 3x GT. I've also contacted/emailed Burson, almost a week, no reply still. I have messaged Sound for Passion, he isn't familiar with the layout as well.

I will try this out, thank you for the suggestion.

Sep 5, 2022 at 11:40 PM Post #77 of 169
Decided to sell my pristine 3xGT for a very good price, since i am using 3R at job and made an alternate setup at home based on a R2R dac. However, i don't see any means to make a listing on the site, although i meet the requirements...any help would be appreciated, thanks. Thank admins for activation, just posted.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #79 of 169
Since there are almost no USB C cables on the market. Which USB C do you use for your Burson DACs?
The cable it came with...I do have about 3 more cables at home but the one included does it job well

Oct 16, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #80 of 169
Hi,
Got a second hand Conductor 3X GT a few weeks ago. I really love the sound... it's so musical and crisp... Just being lost in the music... with plenty of details that are here but not pushed forward in an agressive way...
My HE6seV2 is working wonders with it... And the Power... I'm driving it SE in high gain between 15-20 (i suppose i'm a low volume listener). So far so good😀
BUT there is only one problem for my use case (listening quiet music in the evening laying in bed in a quiet room) : i can hear the noise of the fan between songs and even sometimes during a very quiet moment during a song... That's why i've put it in my classifieds for sale/trade...
But at the same time i'm also trying to find a way to reduce the noise of the fan as i'm 100% satisfied except for this...
Has anyone got the same problem ? And how did you deal it with ?
Thanks 😀

Oct 16, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #81 of 169
Hi,
Got a second hand Conductor 3X GT a few weeks ago. I really love the sound... it's so musical and crisp... Just being lost in the music... with plenty of details that are here but not pushed forward in an agressive way...
My HE6seV2 is working wonders with it... And the Power... I'm driving it SE in high gain between 15-20 (i suppose i'm a low volume listener). So far so good😀
BUT there is only one problem for my use case (listening quiet music in the evening laying in bed in a quiet room) : i can hear the noise of the fan between songs and even sometimes during a very quiet moment during a song... That's why i've put it in my classifieds for sale/trade...
But at the same time i'm also trying to find a way to reduce the noise of the fan as i'm 100% satisfied except for this...
Thanks 😀
I only really hear the fan when nothing is playing. It's not a deal breaker for me as I love the sound of the unit.

Oct 16, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #82 of 169
Hi,
Thanks 😀
Closed back headphones.

Oct 19, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #83 of 169
I went thru the Burson soloist forum and see all of the activity for op amp swaps.... has anyone actually done a swap of the op amps on the " Conductor 3X GT " from the pic in the manual it doesn't look like some of the third party op amps are going to fit... its easy to use the burson op amps... I'm not even sure the extensions will make 3rd party op amps work... are we stuck with Vivid/classic amps ???

Oct 21, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #85 of 169
Just got the Conductor 3XGT and been playing with it for the last couple of days... If any are looking to get one then I can confirm that you can still get the original pre order setup with the free Super Charger and the free stands... they came in the box on mine.. no extra charge and a better price too.... This very well could be my end game as its doing more than I ever wanted... super powerful and dynamic, great instrument separation and very nice staging ...

Oct 21, 2022 at 7:11 PM Post #86 of 169
Just got the Conductor 3XGT and been playing with it for the last couple of days... If any are looking to get one then I can confirm that you can still get the original pre order setup with the free Super Charger and the free stands... they came in the box on mine.. no extra charge and a better price too.... This very well could be my end game as its doing more than I ever wanted... super powerful and dynamic, great instrument separation and very nice staging ...
Where did you buy yours from, @Dixter?

Blessings
-J

Jan 6, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #88 of 169
Hey folks,

Has anyone tried the Conductor GT as amp only from an external source?

How and to what extent the resampling alters the sound? What kind of reprocessing does happen?

Just because I’m considering using it as amp for my Holo May. Would it be a waste as it would make it sound different from what it’s meant to be if it was kept in the analogue only domain?

PS the Soloist, as well, has digital volume control. Does it mean the sound gets somehow reprocessed anyway, even if it’s not a dac?

Jan 7, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #89 of 169
Hey there, Soloist is pure amp, would be the best choice for your Holo. Conductor when used as an amplifier, whichever input you use, will do some upsampling and routing the sound through the internal DACs so you will finally hear the sound from the internal DACs, Burson have confirmed this when i asked the question, it is the same with all all in one gear (thats why they offer dedicated amps to use with dedicated dacs) Hope this helps

Jan 13, 2023 at 6:49 AM Post #90 of 169
Hey guys - new owner of the Conductor 3X GT here with the 5A super charger. Does anyone experience any hiss when using the Super Charger? I'm plugging it directly into the wall outlet...just wondering if the hiss is RFI or EMI related as it's not always there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back