Burson Conductor 3XGT
Aug 27, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #61 of 169
52" HD to 74" 4k is more than day and night. It is impossible that an headphone amp can improve the sound that much.
It’s a metaphor for illustration. Perhaps try to listen to it first? Should be a quick step from speculation to experience

Aug 27, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #62 of 169
It’s a metaphor for illustration. Perhaps try to listen to it first? Should be a quick step from speculation to experience
Not necessary, had over 20 good amps over the last 3 years here at home (plus all the ones I heard/tested somewhere else). The headphone makes 90% of the sound.
But nvm, everyone can think what he/she wants.

Aug 27, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #63 of 169
Not necessary, had over 20 good amps over the last 3 years here at home (plus all the ones I heard/tested somewhere else). The headphone makes 90% of the sound.
But nvm, everyone can think what he/she wants.
Was referring to listening to the conductor gt instead of speculating on how it sounds

Aug 31, 2022 at 9:10 PM Post #66 of 169
Good day, I have recently purchased a Burson Conductor 3x GT and have been enjoying it so far. I would prefer a bit more warmer sound tho as I'm used to listening to tube amps. I was able to buy 2 pairs of V6 Classic opamps and was hoping to install them to get the sound I want.

As I was looking at the manual, it is said I need to replace it in pairs. Attached is a pic of the amp manual indicating my understanding on which pairs should be replaced together. My assumption is that the same numbers indicated should be replaced together? If I am wrong, kindly correct me and show me which ones should go together. Also, which pair do you suggest I replace to get a slightly warmer tone. TIA

Attachments

• save burson.jpg
    save burson.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 0
Sep 1, 2022 at 4:55 AM Post #67 of 169
Good day, I have recently purchased a Burson Conductor 3x GT and have been enjoying it so far. I would prefer a bit more warmer sound tho as I'm used to listening to tube amps. I was able to buy 2 pairs of V6 Classic opamps and was hoping to install them to get the sound I want.

As I was looking at the manual, it is said I need to replace it in pairs. Attached is a pic of the amp manual indicating my understanding on which pairs should be replaced together. My assumption is that the same numbers indicated should be replaced together? If I am wrong, kindly correct me and show me which ones should go together. Also, which pair do you suggest I replace to get a slightly warmer tone. TIA
Here's a better layout of the op-amp configuration with color codes. The 3X GT is a true dual mono design and the reason you have to purchase the op-amps in pairs is because there is one op-amp per channel. You need one op-amp for the left channel and one op-amp for the right channel of the amp. See pic below on where to place the op-amps when you switch them out. Be sure to match the color codes and have the op-amps in the correct pin outs.

1662022103122.png

Sep 1, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #68 of 169

I replaced the VOLUME stage with a pair of V6Classics and that made a major change in the direction you want (more tubey) because I had the same bright impression of the stock format.

I have since moved on from that to other op-amps and configurations. But, you should start there with rolling one pair of Classics into the volume stage and observe the changes. See if that gets you where you want to be. Good luck!

Sep 1, 2022 at 8:51 AM Post #69 of 169
Here's a better layout of the op-amp configuration with color codes. The 3X GT is a true dual mono design and the reason you have to purchase the op-amps in pairs is because there is one op-amp per channel. You need one op-amp for the left channel and one op-amp for the right channel of the amp. See pic below on where to place the op-amps when you switch them out. Be sure to match the color codes and have the op-amps in the correct pin outs.
Thank you for you reply. I'm sorry but I think you missed the part where I mentioned I'm using the Conductor 3x GT and not the Soloist. That's on me and I'm sorry I posted this here as the Conductor 3x GT thread is still new and not many people are in there yet. Anyways, I posted a pic from the manual on my first post showing the Conductor 3x GT's opamp config. Would appreciate it if you can help me out. TIA.

I replaced the VOLUME stage with a pair of V6Classics and that made a major change in the direction you want (more tubey) because I had the same bright impression of the stock format.

I have since moved on from that to other op-amps and configurations. But, you should start there with rolling one pair of Classics into the volume stage and observe the changes. See if that gets you where you want to be. Good luck!
On the pic I posted, can you identify which is the volume stage opamp? Much appreciated.

Sep 1, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #70 of 169
Thank you for you reply. I'm sorry but I think you missed the part where I mentioned I'm using the Conductor 3x GT and not the Soloist. That's on me and I'm sorry I posted this here as the Conductor 3x GT thread is still new and not many people are in there yet. Anyways, I posted a pic from the manual on my first post showing the Conductor 3x GT's opamp config. Would appreciate it if you can help me out. TIA.

On the pic I posted, can you identify which is the volume stage opamp? Much appreciated.
The op-amps with the orange circle above them. Take note of the legend in the lower right portion of that picture. It shows you the stages corresponding to the color dots.

Sep 1, 2022 at 9:17 AM Post #71 of 169
The op-amps with the orange circle above them. Take note of the legend in the lower right portion of that picture. It shows you the stages corresponding to the color dots.
So the Soloist GT and the Conductor 3x GT has similar layout? Ty I'll try it then.

Sep 3, 2022 at 8:16 AM Post #72 of 169
So the Soloist GT and the Conductor 3x GT has similar layout? Ty I'll try it then.
Still kinda scared to try it since the pic posted that has the legends are from the Soloist. Need to be sure with the Conductor 3x GT layout. Hope someone out there helps out. ty

Sep 4, 2022 at 12:18 AM Post #73 of 169
Still kinda scared to try it since the pic posted that has the legends are from the Soloist. Need to be sure with the Conductor 3x GT layout. Hope someone out there helps out. ty
Op amp layouts are in their respective user manuals. U can check the manuals out from their website.

https://www.bursonaudio.com/downloads/

Sep 4, 2022 at 3:04 AM Post #74 of 169

It is bright with all headphones. The susvara, arya, th900 etc. all sound like crap in my system. Headaches from it. AP fast should not be used.

Change the filter to MP slow. Sounds great with that. Including very noticeable sound stage increase. Much better experience, as I was thinking this conductor sucked ass. Now I like it.

Sep 4, 2022 at 4:42 AM Post #75 of 169
Op amp layouts are in their respective user manuals. U can check the manuals out from their website.

https://www.bursonaudio.com/downloads/
The pic I posted is from the manual, it doesn't have any legends/labels. I have scoured their site and that's the closest one that's being helpful. I have also looked at the manuals of other models to look for a consistent pattern/layout, and it seems it can go differently for each model that's why I'm apprehensive to just follow the layout for the Soloist 3x GT. I've also contacted/emailed Burson, almost a week, no reply still. I have messaged Sound for Passion, he isn't familiar with the layout as well.

It is bright with all headphones. The susvara, arya, th900 etc. all sound like crap in my system. Headaches from it. AP fast should not be used.

Change the filter to MP slow. Sounds great with that. Including very noticeable sound stage increase. Much better experience, as I was thinking this conductor sucked ass. Now I like it.
I will try this out, thank you for the suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back